As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

1104105106107108110»

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Angel177 wrote: »
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I also still have no idea who my santee is?

Did you not get a gift?!

I got The AssCreed 3 art book but no note, and no post to tell me after I posted pics....

I took it to mean he was asking if you got your Santee a gift, but yes, that too.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Just a few things:

For my Santa: I am still unknowing of your identity! You can't just leave me with your real name and a location! :(

To @minor incident: Have I said you were an amazing Santee? Because you are - dear god, you gifted a WiiU. I will eat a vegan poutine in your honor.
    I will also check your profile to see if you're playing the games I sent you.

No pressure. :whistle:

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    So....I'm still completing the quests that my Santa gave me. This one? An Epic Journey. My Santa sent me a link with directions to a Geocache. I'd never been Geocaching but this was insanely fun.

So...Here is the epic quest!
    8368457107_332dbd775b.jpg
    Time for an epic quest! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Time for a drive!

Forward, my steed!

8368458239_26698a31c7.jpg
    Drive on! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

8369524482_c39d94362c.jpg
    It is hidden here! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr
    Behold, the lair of the treasure!

It was hidden in a crook of the tree.
    8368462569_7626a5376b.jpg
    Cache Found! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

The camo worked well to hide it.
    8369527182_d268682b8a.jpg
    Behold! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Helpful directions
    8368459645_6606612f2f.jpg
    Handy directions by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

What's inside!
    8369525950_e35fcee39a.jpg
    The contents! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Yes, that folded note has my name on it! That was seriously crazy to see. Santa, are you close by?

Unfolding the paper brought a familiar sight...

8369526664_6d22946ee7.jpg
    A secret message! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Hmmm....I've seen this graphic before! I think I know what the clue means! I still have one more password to crack....

8369527754_32ab5af913.jpg
    Speak, Friend, and Enter? by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Isn't geocaching generally inexact?

Also, the last location should just be your Santa's house, or your own house with Santa sitting in a spinning chair when you walk in.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Do dwarf doors work on paper?

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

So over the last 2 days I got 2 more packages in the mail from my Santa! I guess he was mildly delayed by stuff, but I have no complaints lol.

For starters, I got this in the mail yesterday. I'd seen it occasionally on the shelves of Card Kingdom, but never really looked into it. @Evilbadman and I played a few games last night, it's fun! I also kicked his butt, bwuahahahaha!
    photo1_zps2f43a346.jpg

Then, early this morning (Ok so more like...9am, but that's early damnit!) my doorbell rings with another package. There was a box, and as I opened it I was greeted with this ominous note.
    photo2_zps6346dd8b.jpg

Inside was another note...
    photo5-1_zps41241353.jpg

And a....present?
    photo4-1_zps7b72fef5.jpg

That beef jerky seems...familiar....
    AaronKI wrote: »

I hope you like beef jerky, bleach, and books!
    Mmmmm......beef jerky....

Nice, Troll Santa. I see you're pretty smart about your stalking process.

Underneath all that was a totally-not-terrible-false-bottom of the box.
    photo12_zps8c2fa722.jpg

I lifted that up to find another note.
    photo22_zps0d77d514.jpg

Under the note was a code that...I'm not entirely certain if this was Troll Santa screwing with me again or not.
    classified_zps572ad6cd.jpg
    On the back of the paper, another note!
    photo32_zps062a0f8a.jpg

And actually, the note was more like a LOT of papers printed on with pictures of games. A LOT OF GAMES.
    photo52_zps2e378937.jpg

Edit: Badman made a good point, I'd like to thank @Frem for being insanely awesome and giving me a fun and prosperous Secret Santa gift! This was definitely a good first year, and something that will be hard to top :)

Yay! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

(The Duke Nukem Forever code was indeed a Troll Santa thing. Because beef jerky and Duke Nukem wrapped in an American flag. Way more patriotic than Halo. I guess the fake bottom came loose during shipping; the ways of cardboard are mysterious to me. :) )

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Isn't geocaching generally inexact?

Also, the last location should just be your Santa's house, or your own house with Santa sitting in a spinning chair when you walk in.

It's GPS coordinates down to the metre! As long the kit is good (and the GPS in most modern smartphones is pretty damn good) then you should be plenty accurate as long as you have clear sky above you.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I also still have no idea who my santee is?

Did you not get a gift?!

I got The AssCreed 3 art book but no note, and no post to tell me after I posted pics....

I took it to mean he was asking if you got your Santee a gift, but yes, that too.

Angel was my santa.

I was gonna be pissed if Angel didn't get a gift.

I got spoiled.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    @Nackmatholn again!
    This is also because of you!
    603187_524394857590910_800109216_n.jpg
    Thanks for giving me the gift of at least 2 addictions. We just finished season 3, and I cannot wait for more.

Also, I will miss this thread :(

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Another fantastic Secret Santa. You guys are all awesome people. See you next year! :D

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Santa tells me I have one more picture challenge to complete.

Victory!
    8381047404_45e78db50b.jpg
    Victory! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I command you to live!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

With great pleasure I hereby announce the receipt of my gift!

Behold the arrival of the glorious package (including a thorough investigation by Poes, the cat)
    UiaWSgk.jpg

See the first attempt of taking a snapshot ruined (through some wanton rampage by Poes, the cat)
    7e6fVYa.jpg

Be thrilled to see the second attempt being photobombed by Poes
    slr9ozc.jpg

Bathe in the glory of an successful attempt
    d9utQK0.jpg

Dear Bunny, i could not spot your forum name, but as you can see, the book you gave (Photocrafty, 75 Creative Camera Projects for You and Your Digital SLR) could not have come any sooner - I was able to shortly flip through it and loved everything I saw :)

I guess you spotted my relatively long time playing Civ :D - this is mostly due to this being one of the few games my girlfriend likes and is willing to play through our network. I just managed to wean her off and get her started on Borderlands 2 and now we will be going straight back to Civilization :P The game and expansion arrive just in time for the next planned board game afternoon - rest assured that well enjoy them!

As you rightly observed, I was quite hard to stalk - I am on the forums nearly daily (managed my 9 year badge just a few days ago) but I mainly lurk. And yet you managed to come up with great gift ideas so thank you very much!

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    So, so hard to stalk. ;-)

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Oh wow, that game is excellent! I don't get to play it near enough, but they did an amazing job turning Civilization in to a board game.

Yay, Christmas in February :rotate:

steam_sig.png

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Cupid made a final delivery.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    So were we at 0 deadbeats this year?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    So, so hard to stalk. ;-)
    Good job mate :^:

davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Glad you like the gifts. I know all too well how frustrating multiplayer games of Civ V can get at times, so the board game seemed like a good choice given the great reviews and my own experiences with other games from the same company. The book was just something I hoped would have a few fun tricks you might get something out of, given your past participation in photography/camera threads.

• Options
    Ok, one more thing arrived today - apparently a package that got lost in shipping :/

Fxl8ei2.jpg

Thank you (second) Santa!

davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Forgive me for bringing a dead thread back to life, but I didn't want to make a new one to ask when sign ups start for G&T SS 2013. Last year sign up opened at the end of Sept. I know it's early, but a few people always miss the sign up period, so the longer it is the better.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Last year was super early because 2011 was somewhat late and people complained. I haven't gotten word from Hypatia yet, but presumably something will happen within a week or two.

Be patient.

YL9WnCY.png