As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Questions about printing Cards Against Humanity

UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Has anyone printed their own set of CAH before? What services are best (read: cheapest)? What cards to use? What do I tell the printers, do I say I wanna print business cards?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
urquanlord88.png
Streaming 8PST on weeknights
UrQuanLord88 on

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I believe there are instructions either on the page or in the PDF regarding card-stock. You don't want business cards as they are not a convenient size of shuffling and will likely be more expensive than sheet card stock would be.

Kinkos is fairly cheap. If there's not already a paper weight listed in the PDF as a recommendation, just go into your Kinkos, ask to see samples of their cardstock, and pick one that meets your thickness desires/budget allowances. Print. Either use their big guillotine-style page cutter or take home and spend hours with scissors/exacto-and-straight-edge.

Honestly, it's going to cost you about 50% of what you'd pay buying the game on Amazon to print them, plus your time and energy, to get a result that's not as durable or nice as what you'd get with the pre-printed ones.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Ah ok, I was getting confused about the part in instructions about card stock. So I guess I just want to print on a giant sheet of card-quality paper and cut it out myself?

The only reason I'm doing this myself is because a) Canada b) CAH is out of stock

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Probably a bunch of normal-sized sheets of stock. The PDF comes formatted with like 9 or something cards per page across a bunch of pages. You just print them all out onto a stack of card stock (which is just paper that's thicker than normal paper) and then cut them out. The Kinkos (or Canada equivalent) paper cutter thing can do multiple sheets at once so is much faster than a knife at home.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Side note: if you happen to be a magic or other TCG player, you probably have lots of sleeves + lands/jank around. In that case you could just print on plain paper and then slip 'em into a sleeve with a card.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    frnxsl.jpg

Went to Staples, got on their computer, selected paper and printed. Tried to use their industrial cutter but it was too inaccurate for my liking. Now i just have to cut these and I'll have a game! Thanks for the tips guise

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    wontunwontun Registered User new member
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone printed their own set of CAH before? What services are best (read: cheapest)? What cards to use? What do I tell the printers, do I say I wanna print business cards?

I looked everywhere for them but ended up printing them out myself online at . I'm waiting for them to arrive so hoping they turn out well.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.