As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Joy of Bread and Bread based products: A {Baking} thread.

MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
This here thread is for the purpose of discussing baking, by that I primarily man stuff like Pies, Cakes, Cookies, Breads, and that kind of stuff. Just today I made a type of cookie from the "King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion" called a Gianduja Delight (Jahn-doo-yah delight), A Type of chocolate chip cookie that includes chopped Hazelnuts and Hazelnut extract. Here's the recipe.

GIANDUJA DELIGHT.
Ingredients.
3/4th cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
2/3 cup (5 1/4 ounces) dark brown sugar
2/3 cup (4 3/4 ounces) granulated sugar
2 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar or white vinegar
2 Large eggs
1 Tablespoon Hazelnut Extract
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
2 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
1 Cup, toasted and chopped Hazelnuts.

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease, or line with parchment paper, two baking sheets.

2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the buttere, sugars, corn syrup, and vinegar. Then beat in the eggs, then the Hazelnut extract, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Then stir in the flour and chips/Nuts until well mixed.

3. Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared cooking trays. Bake for TEN MINUTES. or until they're just set. The centers may look a bit underdone. Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.

But enough about me, what about you guys? What are your favorite things to bake? And hey, share the recipe.

Matthew on