As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SMT4/Persona] Teatime with Satan

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Does crunchyroll have the p3 movies?

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

nope! they don't even have the original persona 4 animation series, just Golden

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

nope! they don't even have the original persona 4 animation series, just Golden

Hulu has the original P4 anime, though.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Somebody described Marie's whole deal to me

It sounds really stupid

Nah, Marie is great
    When she first shows up she has no idea who she is and you spend her social link looking for clues and figuring stuff out, between that she hangs out in the velvet room selling skill cards for Personas and writing awful poetry.

Golden endgame spoilers:
    She dissapears after you beat the killer and if you reached rank 10 in her social link Margaret asks if you want to find her. During the ski trip you get a bonus dungeon with some interesting gimmicks and a great boss fight after which you find out she's another fragment of Izanagi like Ameno-Sagiri and Kunino-Sagiri. Beating the bonus dungeon also gets you an extra epilogue scene set in the summer after the events of Arena (Kanji looks great in it).

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    is persona 4 golden the animation the first DLC for an anime

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Yeah. It's like the anime went all NG+.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Yeah. It's like the anime went all NG+.

It definitely is. In the opening movie, there's a quick shot of Yu with a maxed-out stat pentagon in the background.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    the first episode of the golden animation has so much promise

like, you think they are gonna make the ng+ much more explicit. charlie knows whats going on. he goes in for that handshake. he tells marie he'll show her around a town he has never been too before. he is level 99 with maxed social stats. is he going to stop the murders from happening at all? yosuke and chie seem almost afraid of him in the tv world. Who is this mysterious person and why does he seem so comfortable with this?

but then no its just all the golden scenes but they put marie in ALL of them

though the past two episodes were both great i'll admit

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    the first episode of the golden animation has so much promise

like, you think they are gonna make the ng+ much more explicit. charlie knows whats going on. he goes in for that handshake. he tells marie he'll show her around a town he has never been too before. he is level 99 with maxed social stats. is he going to stop the murders from happening at all? yosuke and chie seem almost afraid of him in the tv world. Who is this mysterious person and why does he seem so comfortable with this?

but then no its just all the golden scenes but they put marie in ALL of them

though the past two episodes were both great i'll admit

Half of the Marie-focused episodes have been pretty fun.

The other half have been pretty boring.

And I still really don't care about Marie.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    A 7 episode run of Kenpachi WTFPWNing his way through dungeons and solving the mystery before it begins would get old quick, though. And they need to make up for Marie being nowhere in the original game/show so the upcoming events don't feel tacked on. I totally understand how having Marie in every other scene is rubbing people the wrong way, don't get me wrong.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Oh that reminds me!

Farg you said I didn't understand why Kenpachi Ramasama was so irreverent, which was true, but

I still don't. What'm I missing?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    nobody knows why Kenpachi Ramasama is so flippant

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    nobody knows why Kenpachi Ramasama is so flippant

wait did the best friends do an LP of persona 4? man

they should do 3 because having a solid ass video LP of Persona 3 sounds great

• Options
    they did a one off video

they've also said that shits way to long to lp. they DID do a 3/4 spoilercast just this week though because woolie played through 3 and 4 finally

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I downloaded SMTIV onto my 3DS, so that's in the queue now God help me

I'll probably wait until after my vacation to start it, so... 3 weeks or so?

Or I might cave and grab Persona 3 first and play that instead

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I got through Naoto's story, Mitsuru's story, and Labrys's story - which, holy shit, that was long

Then I got Kanji's real ending

It's interesting: are they kind of framing the P3 crew as being tougher than the P4 crew? Kanji never got to fight Akihiko in his own path.

Also
    Is the case going to be continued in Ultimax

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It always seemed like they were framing the P4 crew as being a bit tougher, but also with years of experience and training. The fact that these 16 and 17 year old kids from Inaba are hanging with them is basically showing how much innate potential the Investigation Team has, for example
    Mitsuru is completely blown away by how the Inaba kids can summon their Personas without Invokers.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Beat the Hermit in Persona 3.
    Is there any reason to use Shinji? Besides the obvious, his moveset seems kinda lacking.

• Options

PLAY P3 IT IS THE BEST

also apparently the golden animation IS on hulu! Totes watching that and thank goodness I don't have to subscribe to crunchy roll on top of all my other streaming services.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    only the subbed ones are up unfortunately

• Options
    Is it dubbed on crunchy roll?

• Options

PLAY P3 IT IS THE BEST

also apparently the golden animation IS on hulu! Totes watching that and thank goodness I don't have to subscribe to crunchy roll on top of all my other streaming services.

FiiiiIIIIIIINE

Also you don't need to subscribe to crunchyroll to watch shows

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Is it dubbed on crunchy roll?

No

No dub of P4GA exists yet, since it's still being released.

The only show I can think of that's being dubbed simultaneously with release is Space Dandy.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    no idea. maybe there is somewhere, but the legality of all these streaming sites is so murky that I wouldn't even know where to begin.

• Options

PLAY P3 IT IS THE BEST

FiiiiIIIIIIINE

Also you don't need to subscribe to crunchyroll to watch shows

I wish I could marry persona 3, it is basically my favorite thing ever, I love it way more than 4 (and i looove 4)

• Options
    Geth has great taste

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Geth has great taste

Geth just has a crush on Aegis.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I'm playing 3 for the first time, and I really love it so far. I probably like it more than SMT4, but I shouldn't judge yet as I'm only in June...

• Options
    Who doesn't! I'd fuck that robot.

• Options
    oh actually that was pretty easy to look up and understand. all these streaming sites are just middlemen that give access to file hosting sites which bypass the original site the content is accessed on. so if it isn't being hosted on the site itself it's almost certainly unlicensed content. hm yes, good to know.

• Options
    Before I pick up anything else I need to do a NG+ on Persona 4

Too many social links left unseen

And I need to get those early-game Courage and Understanding checks. Is there a guide for those somewhere or should I just go by feel and what memory I have? Hrm

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    a guide would still help so you can raise the links faster

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I got through Naoto's story, Mitsuru's story, and Labrys's story - which, holy shit, that was long

Then I got Kanji's real ending

It's interesting: are they kind of framing the P3 crew as being tougher than the P4 crew? Kanji never got to fight Akihiko in his own path.

Also
    Is the case going to be continued in Ultimax
    This reminds me, the P3P song they use in Labrys' story is pretty great:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwABWVby-Xw

Also, it makes sense that the P3 cast is generally more competent since they've just been doing this stuff for quite a bit longer by the events of P4A.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    P4G major spoilers
    either this game is way easier or I've gotten way better at Persona

because the Adachi dungeon took me like five days and Ameno-sagiri took me eight tries

and i just cleared it in one and took down Ameno-sagiri with only Naoto getting KO'd once on a bad crit

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    P4G is pretty easy, probably at least in part due to how easy it is to fuse an optimal persona each time and the increased frequency with which you get amazing things during shuffle time.

Also a bunch of extra powers and third tier personas for every character, and skill card shenanigans, and...

Yeah it's easier.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    P4G is pretty easy, probably at least in part due to how easy it is to fuse an optimal persona each time and the increased frequency with which you get amazing things during shuffle time.

Also a bunch of extra powers and third tier personas for every character, and skill card shenanigans, and...

Yeah it's easier.

the extra Rise power-ups alone

• Options
    What are the differences for the third-tier personas?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    they exist, versus not existing

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    You get unique skills from them.

Chie's and Naoto's are really good.

Chie gets a full party Heat Riser and Naoto gets a full party shield that blocks whatever hits next.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Both of those would have been indispensable in the final battle

oh my goodness Kanji gets Power Charge in Golden?

Edit: Wait what the hell, his third-tier persona has a Wind weakness again?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.