As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comix and social studies?

m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Some time from now I'll be writing a paper in which I have to mix two different subjects, their theories and their methods. Well, I'm going to write in danish (as in english class for you guys) and social sciences. Initially I'd intended to write about Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis, mixing it up with some sociology and whatnot. However I'm also interested in what other possibilities there could be when it comes to writing about comics in a social sciences perspective. The more complex the work the better. Any suggestions?

m3nace on

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    It may not have the same resonance in Danish, but Watchmen is a deconstruction of the modern superhero myth and an examination of Cold War culture in America. There's a ton of content that can be viewed through the lens of social sciences.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Um, okay. This sounds a lot like you want us to come up with your ideas for you, and you don't pay us enough for that.

What I will allow, however, is if you come up with a few ideas yourself, explain your thinking, and ask us to critique.

You can make a new thread for that if you'd like.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.