As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Gateway LP2207 monitor in trouble?

wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
It comes on for a few seconds and then the screen goes black but the power light stays on.
I googled around and checked gateways site to no avail, maybe the kind folks here can help?

wavecutter on

• Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    Figured it out. I had read it was bad capacitors but I didn't want to believe it. Then I opened it up and saw some swollen capacitors.

• Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    Heh I had that exact same problem (on a different monitor) the other day.

• Options
    nerdsteve01nerdsteve01 Registered User new member
    wavecutter wrote: »
    Figured it out. I had read it was bad capacitors but I didn't want to believe it. Then I opened it up and saw some swollen capacitors.

• Options
    nerdsteve01nerdsteve01 Registered User new member
    The monitor (Gateway LP2207) going out after 2 seconds is due to bad electrolytic capacitors. I opened up my monitor and saw three swollen electrolytic capacitors. I went to RadioShack and bought new 35 volt ones with the same values. I desoldered the bad ones resouldered the good ones in and then put everything back together (quite the grueling job! - make sure you look on YouTube on how to take this monitor apart. This will really help). Connected it up and now works great!

This discussion has been closed.