As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

• Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    Stats are super easy in this game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute

Each weapon will have a stat set it favors, but it depends more on your trait build which gives stats itself.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Are the stats pretty easy to work with? Or are there a billion of them and each build weapon combination want a certain one?

They've done some good things with stats. Like defense and damage is not split between magic and physical for one thing. They've seemd pretty easy to work with for me.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    You won't have to worry much at first since equipment will have 1 or 2 stats on it only.

They are also pretty simple. More damage, more critting, less damage, more health, more condition damage, etc.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    So what class is super noob friendly? lol I am up to lvl 9 and change on my Elementalist, but man, shiz is getting hard.

One thing to check, if possible, try to keep your equipment within 5 levels of you current level. It'll help out tremendously and make a big difference. If you have some money sitting around, consider finding a trading post and buying a better weapon. You should notice a difference.

I wouldn't say it's as simple as keeping your equipment within 5 levels, but that's certainly when you should check. When I was level 50, I found a couple of rares that weren't surpassed by even karma gear until I was level 62. I've also found gear with the same level requirement but worse stats than you can get on a merchant weapon.

A fair point, I should elaborate.

For equipment, there are several levels. White (Basic), Blue (Fine), Green (Masterwork), Yellow (Rare), Orange (Exotic). When you look at, say, a level 65 item from each of those rarities, the stats/damage/armor is going to be roughly 10% better as you go up in rarity. Green items (the name will be green) start at level 10, Yellow items start at level 30 and Orange items start at level 60.

So it's up to you how often you want to buy new equipment if you aren't finding what you want to use. Here's some more numbers!

Level 10 blue sword. 165-182 damage, +7 to stat.
    Level 11 blue sword. 169-186 damage, +8 to stat.

Level 70 blue sword. 580-641 damage, +55/39/39 to stats
    Level 71 blue sword. 591-653 damage, +56/40/40 to stats

Give or take, there's about a +2% difference on damage and stats with weapons per level. So once you are 5 levels above your weapon, a weapon of your current level at the same rarity, is going to be roughly a +10% bonus to damage and stats.

My usual method for checking to see if I need new gear is 'is this new zone kicking may ass, and am I the right level?'. If I'm in the right level bracket for the zone, and I'm getting my ass handed to me, it's time to check those gear stats. This also helps save a bit of money, because sometimes I'll go back to 100% a lower level zone, and gain some levels that put me over the hump for the next set of weapons.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    JUGGERNAUT DONE.

Streaming some WvW with it now:

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    @badwrong grats.

when will there be engineer kit skins? legendary flame thrower please...

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    JUGGERNAUT DONE.

Streaming some WvW with it now:

Great man, can't wait to see it!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Yeah if the rate is favorable you should buy now and sell back @ the Christmas spike. The long con baby.

Some actual guild news-

First- Friday's WvWvW with Mojo will go forwards this week with the part of Mojo played by @Badwrong. I have company in town which makes me being there unlikely, but it could happen..... and if it does Ill fall in with the rest of you behind the big ole Norn for a night. Our Friday turnouts have been great and we appreciate the support of the WVWVWs.

Second- this Wednesday night 730 ish EST we will have an Spvp mix'em'up. We will pile everyone together, and choose a spvp server and take it over so its just us in it.
    this is a great way to get a feel for Spvp and combat in general in a safe embarrassment free environment. Its good fun and we hope some folks will give it a try with us. If there is interest it may become a weekly fixture.

Oh man I would love to get in on that spvp but will have to miss out due to timezones.

I strongly recommend queued wuvers on the changeover to give spvp a go that day, too!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    So the effect is cool. Some of it is based off my dye and it seems to change with the environment... not sure, but in the snow it was all tinted blue.

Normal armor:
    C2UDp.jpg

With Juggernaut silvery stuff:
    wjsHs.jpg
    qlaOi.jpg
    0vOQP.jpg
    rM5px.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Hoping that spvp goes on for awhile so once the babys asleep I can jump in.

Just pick a really big number server so there is little chance of pugs.

• Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Grats Badwrong! May you crush many enemies under your gaint hammer while covering them in metallic semen like ooze!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I want to start thinking about a legendary but it just seems like so much WORK

maybe I should focus on getting my clothes sorted first and worry about a legendary later

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I think I'd honestly prefer to get one of each class to 80 than try to get a legendary for one character.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Where the heck do people get all this money for legendaries

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Ori farming, for one - doesn't take too long and they sell at over 2s per unit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Well, you can officially buy gold, so...

• Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Ugh, this server system BLOWS. I've been waking up uber early and checking server status throughout the day so I can get onto Jade Quarry and play with my friends. That sonofabitch is always full! Who the hell is on at 4am-5am EST time?

My friends are willing to jump onto another server for me, but I feel so fucking bad making them drop their guilds and leave the server they want to play on. Plus I'd then be obligated to play a lot cause they switched for me.

Any tips for the best time to get on this damn server?

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    It's full based on how many players have that set as their server, not how many people are online. You just have to hope some people move around earlier.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It's full based on how many players have that set as their server, not how many people are online. You just have to hope some people move around earlier.

Really? That's a really fucking stupid system! If that's still the case when they take away the free server transfer then it will become a really REALLY fucking stupid system.

I get the basics of WHY they're doing this, but seriously, it should not be impossible to join the same server as my friends.

So my options right now are...

A. Wait until there is a spot
    B. Join another server and play while waiting for a spot to open but risk the free transfer deal vanishing
    C. Make all my friends leave their server and come to me

Three crappy options

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Well for Option B, there is precisely a 0% chance you'll get stuck because ArenaNet aren't the types to suddenly go "Whoopwhoppwhoop no free servers transfers tomorrow!"

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    The current method eliminates log in queues for just playing the game (though I hear there are log in queues for wuv? I haven't seen one). I far prefer this method and never have to wait in a queue to play the game. It sucks that the server your friends are playing on is full though.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Besides, as far as I'm aware, the plan is to end free server transfers once guesting is implemented. In the long term it won't matter that you can't be on the same server as your friends.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular
    Unless he wants to PvP in WvW alongside them.

404 not found
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    The current method eliminates log in queues for just playing the game (though I hear there are log in queues for wuv? I haven't seen one). I far prefer this method and never have to wait in a queue to play the game. It sucks that the server your friends are playing on is full though.

Wait, you have to queue just to play other MMOs?

I really honestly did not know that.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »

Best I could find on short notice, wanted the GIF where it just constantly rises.

wow_queue.jpg

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

the GIF where it just constantly rises.

Here ya go. I remember this from years ago. hah!

http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »

Only X number of people can play on a server at one time.

If more then X want to, the server says "No, you wait".

• Options
    Wishpig wrote: »

Really? That's a really fucking stupid system! If that's still the case when they take away the free server transfer then it will become a really REALLY fucking stupid system.

I get the basics of WHY they're doing this, but seriously, it should not be impossible to join the same server as my friends.

So my options right now are...

A. Wait until there is a spot
    B. Join another server and play while waiting for a spot to open but risk the free transfer deal vanishing
    C. Make all my friends leave their server and come to me

Three crappy options

None of which will be relevant once guesting is in place.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Grats on the oil slick, Badwrong!

-Aw man, now I'll be listening to the queuedance for hours.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Sonork wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »

the GIF where it just constantly rises.

Here ya go. I remember this from years ago. hah!

http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

Darn, ya beat me. But yeah, that's the first thing I thought of when queues are mentioned.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Unless you want to play WvW with your friends, which is a third of the end-game!

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Then it sounds like a joint decision to xfer is in order?

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Little help, hoping you guys are familiar with this issue. I just bought GW2, wanted to tie my GW account to my GW2 account and none of my passwords were working. I loaded up GW1 and tried logging in there and still nothing. I hit the reset password button, and it told me that the feature was unavailable. I tried fixing it through the site as well as the NCsoft site and they told me that no account existed using the only 2 email addresses I use. I tried submitting a trouble ticket but to reply and update it you need to.. log in. I know that my email and at least the NCsoft passwords are correct because I have them written down, but nothing works. So any thoughts?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Little help, hoping you guys are familiar with this issue. I just bought GW2, wanted to tie my GW account to my GW2 account and none of my passwords were working. I loaded up GW1 and tried logging in there and still nothing. I hit the reset password button, and it told me that the feature was unavailable. I tried fixing it through the site as well as the NCsoft site and they told me that no account existed using the only 2 email addresses I use. I tried submitting a trouble ticket but to reply and update it you need to.. log in. I know that my email and at least the NCsoft passwords are correct because I have them written down, but nothing works. So any thoughts?

Your support login is separate from your game login, so go ahead and make a new support account here and submit a ticket. It'll be easiest if you can supply your GW 1 serial number.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »

As Bethryn pointed out, it really does matter as guesting still restricts you.

I would prefer a que to not being able to experience the full game with my friends.

Waiting an hour beats waiting a week.

I don't know much about the devs, but it's good to hear they're not the typed to start charging for transfers outta no where. Guess I'll just do a seperate server till a spot opens.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    So I'd like to thank everyone again for help on the legendary. Those who ran dungeons with me for the last week, and some of you who kept me company when I grinded that karma.
    Also, having great people to WvW helped back when I bought the gift of battle.

Was a major blur as soon as the temple opened yesterday, I was getting so many whispers it was hard to keep up with them. So, thanks if I missed anyone.
    I made a lot of friends when grinding Plinx, people who were also grinding for legendary stuff... so a lot of them brought in people when I said we were attempting Balthazaar. That was indeed the best way to clear that event that I've seen. I'm always up for doing the temple event when our next person is needing shards.

Anyone who wasn't able to make the temple run, here is a link to the twitch video.... skip to 45mins mark: http://www.twitch.tv/dr_pepper_addiction/b/338360715 (hammer crafting is at approx 52 mins)
    I apologize for the quality, I literally haven't touched a single setting in xsplit, my computer is capable of making it look muuuuuch better with a higher framerate. If anyone has pointers on optimizing it that would be spiffy... also the voice stuff, you wont hear me in the video because I wasn't sure if I could get my push to talk working in xsplit. If there is a way to do that, it would be good to know since having the mic open at all times would just be annoying. I wouldn't mind streaming some of our WvW later on, or maybe the sPVP stuff. That video has some WvW in the last half or so of it, again crappy framerate so probably not worth watching.

Badwrong on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Gratz bad!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Gratz bad!

Thanks, I will be drippin that silvery sauce on you when I see you.... j/k

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    So bad, were you just running Plinx over and over for the massive gold cost? I'm kinda curious how people are getting 400 gold in this timeframe.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    So bad, were you just running Plinx over and over for the massive gold cost? I'm kinda curious how people are getting 400 gold in this timeframe.

Once you have a decent chunk of gold you can use the TP to make gold with great effect.

Bad has clearly done this as he has fat stacks. He has made that Jormag sword, DA HAMMER and funded his own Commander tag.

Man is rich as hell.

This discussion has been closed.