As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Non-M:tG Card Games] Your Pikachu Has Triggered My Trap Card!

OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Social Entropy++
I see that SE++ has it's own Magic: The Gathering thread which is all fine and dandy but there's more to the CCG scene then that one. Some people play ones based on TV shows...

H6ZGu.jpgafEzd.jpg

...and others think playing card games based on video games is where it's at.

VcMMH.jpgxEKla.jpg

So if you like any of these or know one that needs some publicity, speak up about it. Just keep the talk about anything involving certain CCGs' animes to a minimum to avoid a thread-lock.

Owenashi on

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    what on earth is that top right one?

It looks horribly cluttered

• Options
    Vanguard or 'Cardfight!! Vanguard' as it's properly titled. I've heard it's somewhat popular.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    what on earth is that top right one?

It looks horribly cluttered

yeah

that is some terrible card design

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I dig how the illustration takes up the whole card, but it's like the text/overlay got jealous and is trying wayyyy too hard to win your attention. Also I like the way that picture reads at a first glance but b'gosh is that a lot of tiny wings.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    all those cards look terrible

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is it weird that the raid sets of the WoW TCG interest more than anything else?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i always kinda thought the wow game looked interesting, but i never had money to spend on it.

Plus then i remembered i generally hate the art design for WoW.

So that was the end of that.

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    a few people I know played some vanguard but I never tried it myself
    I enjoy the card's dedication to the art rather than the rules and some of the cards look totally awesome and badass
    I remember one was a like some sort of mecha wolf with a missile launcher system attached to his back

I played quite a bit of yugioh on the GBA and no AI could match me

• Options
    Once Konami started making video games that followed the proper rules, the YGO portable games were quite fun. I never got to try the Tag Force ones on the PSP but the GBA/DS' World Championship series was pretty cool. Shame there hasn't been a new YGO game for any console since September 2011. They had a chance to make a good game for the XBLA crowd but they pretty much blew it with Decade Duels.

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I LOVE CARDS

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Back when Duel Masters was making its first run in the US I played it all the time. I won a 5 Civ tournament, qualified for Continental Champions, and won the GenCon Championship the season before it was cancelled.

I have picked up some of the new Kaijudo cards but I haven't checked out my local Kaijudo league yet. The game seems largely the same, although they have rebalanced it considerably.

jgeis on
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I still play YuGiOh. I use chain burn. I used to play WoW and had some Duel Masters cards.
    3x Swift Scarecrow
    3x Lava Golem
    [6]

3x One Day of Peace
    2x Pot of Duality
    3x Poison of the Old Man
    2x Chain Strike
    [10]

2x Ojama Trio
    3x Accumulated Fortune
    3x Legacy of Yata-Garasu
    3x Jar of Greed
    3x Secret Barrel
    3x Just Desserts
    1x Ceasefire
    3x Threatening Roar
    [24]

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    I'd love to play YGO regularly myself but I'm not sure where to find a group to do so. That and I'm not sure I have enough cards based around one sort of deck-type to make a strong one. Heck, I didn't have a Synchro Monster until a week or so ago and a XYZ Monster until today. I be lagging behind the current card trend big time.