As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

quick q re: Beyond Good & Evil

2»

• Options
    FawfulFawful __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    There's actually a head to head feature on IGN that compares the versions with each other, you can view it here if you have an Insider membership.
    GC version wins

Fawful on
    hytd.jpg
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fawful wrote: »
    There's actually a head to head feature on IGN that compares the versions with each other, you can view it here if you have an Insider membership.
    GC version wins

Could you erm... post or PM me most of the main points/reasons why? thanx

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Beyond Good and Evil remains one of the only titles that I ever thought "Sweet merciful crap, this music is awesome - I want to hang out in this bar just to listen."

Also, Beyond Good and Evil is nothing like Zelda.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DírhaelDírhael NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Glal wrote: »
    Dìrhael wrote: »
    I thought BG&E was a fantastic game, and every bit as good as any other game mentioned so far in this thread.
    I don't think it matter much what version you pick up, as I haven't heard about any technical issues with any of the console versions. I would be very careful about picking it up for the PC though, as it just doesn't work for a lot of people and they have absolutely no intention of patching it any further.
    Really? Huh. Controls aside, I thought that the PC version had the advantage of having a patch for the infamous key swapping bug.

The problem with the PC version is that the game pretty much won't run on many recent GFX cards, and on many of those PCs it does display correctly there are stability and performance problems. It does work for a lot of people, but there are also many with problems. I know I had tons of problems getting it working on my previous card which was a ATI X1600XT. It had really bad performance (unplayable with AA), and with my new card (Nvidia 8800 GTS 640MB) the sound and picture frequently goes out of sync. There's even performance issues with AA on this card as well, which is strange considering the age of the game and the power of the card. Go with the console versions if you can :)

Dírhael on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guess so. I have the PC version and never had any problems with it; granted, that may have changed with the later driver iterations. I did have to downgrade my Detonators to get Dreamfall working, and I got it when it came out. :|

Glal on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I wish I could find the GC version of BG&E. The PS2 version takes up like a quarter of a memory card by the time you're done because of all the image files.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Christ. I'm not going to babysit you guys tonight. Locking this because it's obvious that no one can have an opinion on the internet.

Derailers are getting infractions. If you want to get into personal arguments with eachother, do it elsewhere. Deusfaux, if you want to remake this thread, I'm giving you the go-ahead, but if the shit-slinging starts again, some of you may not be seeing the forum for much longer. Hopefully the IGN article will get PMed to you and answer your question. I'm sorry it didn't work out better.

Monoxide on
This discussion has been closed.