As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need for Speed Most Wanted: Breakin' the law, breakin' the law

PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity.Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Social Entropy++
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JR1vOv3n-M

Remember Need for Speed Most Wanted? I'm not a big racing game fan, but I'm a fan at all because of it. A great world, intense police chases and goofy-ass FMVs make it pretty damn good.

Turns out Burnout creators, Criterion, aren't done with NFS after their own version of Hot Pursuit in 2010, as they are now tackling Most Wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ2rvr9YzAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTi6uinHT30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbO7Fs4vLvs&list=PL3C50C26F99B52DAF&index=3&feature=plpp_video

And it looks like it's going to be a hybrid of Burnout Paradise and the original Most Wanted which sounds amazing.

It comes out Oct 30 for the US, Nov 1 for Aus and Nov 2 for Europe so get ready, those Ford Focuses aren't going to drive themselves.

x360
PaperLuigi44 - PaperLuigi44

PC

PS3

PaperLuigi44 on

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I bought Hot Pursuit based solely on my love for Burnout, but I couldn't get behind the controls. I know it's far from a sim, but the controls were still too sim-like to me

I'm hoping they put out a demo of this on 360 so I can get a feel for the controls. I need more Burnout in my life.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Get that bullshit outta here

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    FFFFF-

Most Wanted and Burnout are awesome, hopefully their bastard offspring will be even better.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I enjoyed hot pursuit

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I completed the cop campaign in Hot Pursuit and had my fill, but damn if I didn't love those chases.

And Forza Horizon looks gorgeous, but it's coming in way too close to Most Wanted for me to justify getting it.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I will be owning Forza Horizon on Tuesday when I buy Ass Creed 3.

• Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Gah I love the original Most Wanted so much. Gameplay was great, scenery was beautiful, music was cool and Razor Callahan was a true asshole you needed to beat!

Burnout 3 is what I consider the most perfect video game ever made. EVER.

I want to trust Criterion to making a new perfect game that I can but day one but the cheap ass in me says wait till February when the game is like $15 like all the other EA games.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    too many good games coming out! I want this and Assassin's Creed 3 and I'm still playing XCOM and I've barely touched Dishonored... Dammit. Forza Horizons looks really good too and Hotline Miami and and and

maybe I'll just pick this one up, I loved Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit a lot and I don't really even play driving games

• Options
    Gah I love the original Most Wanted so much. Gameplay was great, scenery was beautiful, music was cool and Razor Callahan was a true asshole you needed to beat!

Burnout 3 is what I consider the most perfect video game ever made. EVER.

I want to trust Criterion to making a new perfect game that I can but day one but the cheap ass in me says wait till February when the game is like $15 like all the other EA games.

itll probably be $30 somewhere on black friday, thats how i scored Hot Pursuit the year it came out. man that game was so good. really though, theres no way im waiting on this one. i dont have a problem waiting on stuff usually, but theres just no way.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't play racing games much
    Last one I actually owned was Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit, way back in 1998

This one intrigues me though

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    of course by that I mean racers that try for anything approaching realism, using real cars and such

I've owned a number of F-Zeros and Mario Karts

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I got into Burnout Paradise too late so the open world multiplayer stuff is definitely something I want to get into.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    NERD FR SRED MAI FERVERT GAEM

• Options
    Apparantly Target are doing a buy 2 get 1 free deal with a bunch of new/recent release games this week, including Most Wanted, it sounds pretty crazy.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Criterion has my number, they can call me when they feel like doing a real Burnout 3/Burnout Revenge sequel

(Criterion does not have my number)

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Apparantly Target are doing a buy 2 get 1 free deal with a bunch of new/recent release games this week, including Most Wanted, it sounds pretty crazy.

Yes they are. A friend of mine and I are going together. I'm getting Assassin's Cr33d and Forza and he is getting WWE '13. $40 per game each!

• Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    Anyone getting the PC version? Hopefully I'll be playing it in about 8 hours when it unlocks.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpGS1K9mLPQ&feature=plcp

Launch Trailer!

This doesn't come out until tomorrow here, so I'm going to have to live through anyone who has the game right now.

• Options
    game seems real fun so far, but im already annoyed by the cops. i dont want to have to ditch the cops every 30 seconds while im just driving around finding billboards and shit, game.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Huh, I've not had too many run-ins with the cops unless I'm actively trying to provoke them myself. Granted, mostly driving around Interstate 92 right now. Maybe it's worse downtown?

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Hrm, one review mentioned that finding your way during races can be hard. Which is a weak spot of mine.

I loved burnout 3, but paradise had the open world design that just threw me for a loop during races

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    occasionally the checkpointing will be a little wonky. stuff like the checkpoint will only be on one level of a split highway so if you went down the wrong fork youre screwed. but aside from that im not having issues finding my way around. i did play some hundreds of hours of paradise though so... ymmv.

the multiplayer in this game is a blast.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Spent some time with this last night, first car I found was the BMW M3 so that's a good omen.

Anyone else playing this on 360?

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I am considering getting it for that before too long.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    Spent some time with this last night, first car I found was the BMW M3 so that's a good omen.

Anyone else playing this on 360?

I just saw your name pop up for the first time in the PC version. It's cool that there is some cross platform compatibility with the Autolog stuff.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Gamertag on 360 is MrGtD, I am not playing this much because it's the American Revolution

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Spent some time with the multiplayer, this is pretty damn awesome. You just have to keep in mind that 'anything goes' is in full effect.