As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AC Secret Santa 2012 REVEALED! [26/29 Submitted] - Deadline Extended +3 Days!

• Options
    StplmstrStplmstr Registered User regular
    Awww I only got mah email in on the 16th :( But I still have plenty of great art to see from people who are in on the secreting so that is good :D

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna post any hints since I'd rather be surprised.

If someone can't think of anything though, I always like EWA fanart or new AV's! Also my blog is in my sig if you feel like getting snoopy, and you could also prob learn a few of my interests on my FB, which is public and has a link on my site!

I am EXCITE to start working on mine!

• Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    ....Santa?
    This event is the second most fun thing about Christmas, after eating pie with my dad and sister.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Robot Santa, check in.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Haha grif got snubbed by a robot

• Options
    Damn you, Robot Santa!

• Options
    Since we still need more people to join, just let stplmstr participate and then we only need one more!

• Options
    Secret SantaSecret Santa Registered User regular
    Santa was away for a weekend of fuck you guys and I'll be sending out the names shortly.

• Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Fuck, is it too late to sign up?

Sublimus on
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    Just signed up cuz this is the best thing the artist corner does every year

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: deserty to autumn, warm colors and/or their complementary
    Character(s):
    Music: im a big fan of josh homme and a great deal of his work
    Movies/TV:
    Games:
    Animals: red pandas, frogs
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: jeff smith, joe madureira

||Other||
    General interests: desert living whatever that means, music, good times and taking care of business
    Link Photograph/self portraits:
    Link Avatar/persona character:
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): smug red panda is always a favorite, but if you're having trouble you could always fanart these guys: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/018/0/7/dudes_by_thanekats-d37h67v.jpg and i'd be crazy happy

286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Dear Santa:
    Stop being a polar couch potatoe and start sending the names before pollution melts your miserable frozen hideout.
    Best wishes, Fantomas.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    WooHoo! Made it on the list!

(I never know what to put in these things.)

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Whatever makes sense for the piece, really. Though, I am partial to CMYK.
    Character(s): TMNT (particularly Raphael)
    Movies/TV: Back to the future, Total recall, Anchorman, Super Troopers, There will be blood. HBOs The Wire, Game of Thrones, Avatar (cartoon), I also have a strange addition to the shitty show Storage Wars. YUUUUUP!
    Games: Zelda, anything vintage, Halo
    Animals: Ibex are sweet, Sharks too
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Concept art? But draw in your own style.

||Other||
    General interests: Bikes. Reddit?
    Link Photograph/self portraits:
    Link Avatar/persona character: Previous versions of me done in SS. Link Link
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): I dont know. Anything in my thread or website.

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Signing up!

I'll post my details later tonight, but for now I love elaborate graffiti pieces, urban fantasy landscapes, bright, colorful landscapes, the cool TRON glow effects, etc.

• Options
    Ok, boys and girls. That's enough with the late sign ups. We're sending out your messages today.

• Options
    Robot Santa, lock thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Grifter. Closing thread...

• Options
    Robot Santa, open thread.

No more sign ups but feel free to talk to each other about what you're working on without letting people who you're Secret Giftee is.

Also, if you don't have details about what you want up yet, please make sure that you provide them.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Grifter. Opening thread...

• Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    people who havent posted their info stuff

please do

286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    I dont really have any preference other than the person drawing it is doing something they think is awesome :)

• Options
    Try to give some direction to help them out. Not everyone is able to come up with awesome stuff on their own.

• Options
    akanekunakanekun Registered User regular
    Placing info in correct thread!

Color or Color scheme: Whatever's suitable to the final image, but I generally prefer colorful neutrals (d3 palette, for example)
    Games: Animal Crossing, Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, D3, Dota 2
    Animals: goldfish
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: art nouveau, european comics, leyendecker, satoshi kon, pixel art, vector art

||Other||
    General interests: aside from art and games - vinyl toys, felting, comics, kimonos
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): http://scarybunny.com/vector/v1.jpg
    and my tumblr: http://akanekun.tumblr.com/tagged/art

You can google "akanekun" to find out anything else you may need to know about me.

• Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    Oh hey, maybe I should do this too so the Santa isn't completely lost.

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Pastel
    Character(s): Anything douchey by Robert Downey Jr
    Movies/TV: I watch more youtube than anything else
    Animals: ducks?
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: art nouveau, romanticism, academic art

||Other||
    General interests: toast, people with terrible sense of humor
    Link Photograph/self portraits: http://paahto.org/ has my mug on it
    Link Avatar/persona character: <-- the duck right there

• Options
    edited November 2012
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: open to whatever!
    Character(s): The only one that comes to mind is Jim Woodring's character "Frank", which I've been revisiting the last couple of days and really like.
    Movies/TV: Triplets of Belleville, The Fall, Spirited Away, Oh Brother Where Art Thou
    Animals: I love animals! Cool bugs like beetles, underwater creatures like nautiluses, funny mammals, neat birds, weird looking imaginary creatures, all delight me very much :)
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: really open, draw in your style or one that you've wanted to try!

General Interests:
    Let's see, I work with wine, read a lot about Buddhism and fairy-tales, and go to art school. I went to college for M/C Biology, so I'm a huge biology nerd and have really been into anatomy and all manner of organisms since I left school. But I also love really crazy imaginative things with made up beasts and monsters and weird stuff, or dreamy/pretty sorts. So those two kinds of things are what I like to draw and look at most of all, I would say. Please make something that you will enjoy making, first and foremost.

lyrium on
  • Options
    the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    (EDITED) Oops, should have read more beforehand. Well, I have a quick turnaround for most of my work so if anyone gets hosed, I'm volunteering to be an alternate gift giver/artist. Merry F*cking Whatever, everyone.

the_monarch23 on
    "Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Aw fuck.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Oh, yes! The first submission has been received!

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    hey santa I sent you an email after you posted that list of people that should be participating, but I'm not seeing a reply as I look through my inbox
    would you please confirm whether or not I am in the participants list?

Tam on
  • Options
    Who the fuck submitted already!? ...Productive bastards

• Options
    It's really good, too.

• Options
    Master of time management, AND art? ...Some people have all the luck..

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Since I got in so late and do not have a list of stuff I like up,
    Feel free to do whatever you like, my secret santa

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Oh, yes! The first submission has been received!

OVERACHIEVER AUUURRRHHG

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Holy crap, submission #2 is in video form.

/impressed

Secret Santa on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    the christmas spirit is flowing throughout my pants

• Options
    Heyo, I got a message from santa telling me my secreter was looking for more information on what I would want and unfortunately that e-mail ended up in my junk box :( So hopefully the artist in question just went nuts and rocked out as they saw fit but if they are still struggling anything in my dev art gallery http://stplmstr.deviantart.com/gallery/ is fair game, this guy I have used a couple of times and a christmasy version would be cool http://stplmstr.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=168#/d2p2we3 but the main thing I like is seeing what reps up christmas for them, seeing their point of view of christmas would be the best christmas art evars for me :)

sorry to my secretee for my lateness of response :(

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Three days yall... Three days...

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Put me on the naughty list, because there's no way I can finish this before Thursday. I'm in the middle of packing and moving across the country, and getting my affairs in order is being more of a hassle than I'd like. It will for sure be done before New Years, though.

Sorry to my recipient, but alas, I gotta get outta Utah first.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Long day at work, but it should be smooth sailing for me to finish this up tomorrow. December really flew by.

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Finally got time to work on my submission! I've got just the idea too!