As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yay! Windows Installer Issues!

Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed, is an error I get when trying to install anything now, or uninstall. This just started today, and I've browsed google, went to Microsoft's site, did all it said to try and correct the issue, but it still remains.

Hence, I'm boned, horribly boned, tried a few tech forums but my thread's just ignored, and I've waited over seven hours, anyways.

I'm running Windows Xp Home Service Pack 2 or something like it, and can provide more information, I just need help, mans. ;-;

Dee Kae on

• Options
    IconoclysmIconoclysm Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Try using system restore to roll back XP to before the problem started.
    Check that the Windows Installer service is set to manual startup type, and that the remote procedure call service is running (control panel -> Admin tools -> Services)

Iconoclysm on
    t=54717
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I know you said you went to the MS site. Can you confirm you've tried everything here?

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I had a similar problem with a resident's computer I was working on. Granted that my situation may not be exactly the same.

But I did everything on the Microsoft technical support page in hopes to revive it and I also tried rolling back System Restore to now avail. If you find a solution, I'd love to hear it. :-\

Arminas on