Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

About Condoms

2

Posts

  • bone daddybone daddy Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2004
    But I don't think its healthy to be on that pill for like years at a time, so I figure we can alternate between pill and rubber....

    Check with a doctor. Yo-yoing might be worse than constant use. You know there are low-dose pills available now, right?

    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    But I don't think its healthy to be on that pill for like years at a time, so I figure we can alternate between pill and rubber....

    Check with a doctor. Yo-yoing might be worse than constant use. You know there are low-dose pills available now, right?

    ..... You only get kinda pregnant?

    Spoiler:
  • bone daddybone daddy Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    But I don't think its healthy to be on that pill for like years at a time, so I figure we can alternate between pill and rubber....

    Check with a doctor. Yo-yoing might be worse than constant use. You know there are low-dose pills available now, right?

    ..... You only get kinda pregnant?

    Not all women need the high dose that standard pills provide.

    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • budecbudec Registered User
    edited July 2004
    Just ask the guy who's penis you wish to have a Happy Hat on. If your down their fooling and fumbling with his junk trying to get something on his penis, it's not out of line to ask him to show you how to do it. Hell, he'll probably even give you some 'practice' runs if you want as long as you give him some positive ego strokes between tries.

    Or practice on a Bannana. :^:

    ninjasig.jpg
  • HrothgarHrothgar Registered User
    edited July 2004
    [I wouldn't know, but don't they taste fucking horrible?

    I have been told that the condom itself doesn't taste horrible, but is not nice either; it's essentially like tasting a balloon. But spermicide can taste really bad, especially if it has nonoxynol-9 (yes, I probably did misspell that).

  • MirandaMiranda Registered User
    edited July 2004
    Anyone tried those Her Pleasure condoms by Trojan? I'm wondering if they really do work...

    Not that I care, my wife's on the pill... But I don't think its healthy to be on that pill for like years at a time, so I figure we can alternate between pill and rubber....

    I've heard that after being on the pill for a long period of time, the body gets pretty messed up if you stop taking it. So I'm not sure if alternating would be a good idea. I suggest looking more into it.

    *thwip*thwip* siggy.jpg *spock*
  • benz0rsbenz0rs Registered User
    edited July 2004
    or YOU could use some contraceptions and it'll feel good to both riders. Unless you're trying to prevent stds and stuff. But if you're all about pregnancy and you know for sure that the guy doesn't have stds, then contraceptions for teh ladies would be the best and it would be safe.

    I heard taking birth control for a month before having sex = no pregnancy?

  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2004
    Doc wrote:
    Eh, not too many (smart) people rely on condoms as their sole source of birth control anyway.

    Me and my wife have been using that as our sole source for the last 5 years (she won't get on the pill for some reason, even though she doesn't like periods and has bad cramps usually). I even don't put it on until it's fun time. We've never had a problem and are child free.

    I use Trojan super thin something or other. I don't know what they're called. I've tried various ones over the years, and the sensitive or thin are more better, in my opinion, as long as you have good lubrication. I've never had one break or tear, of course not using it the whole time probably has something to do with that.

    camo_sig2.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2004
    One thing, if you are putting it on the guy (and he's moronic enough to not have his own) then try to have the right size....some guys are a bit bigger than others, and if the condom is to small then it hurts, especially after a while of trying to tough it out. But don't put on one thats too big, cuz then it comes off.

    If the dude is not circumsized, then please please pull back the foreskin before sheathing his sword. If you don't, he wont feel a damn thing and will probably get bored after an hour or so.

    and Trojan Magnums are wider, whereas Magnum XL 's are wider and longer.

    french ticklers are about on par with oral sex + altoids.

  • MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    Dely Apple wrote:
    The poly ones are rockin', they're the strength of plastics but super-sensitive or something. I dunno. Trojan Golds seem to be keeping lil' Delys away. >.>

    Damn expensive too

    While the polyeruthane condoms transmit heat better, and are less noticeable because of it, the only condom that has ever broken on me was a polyeruthane one.

    After that I've stuck with Durex and Lifestyles ultra thins or ribbed (Durex Love are also good). While there is nothing wrong with Trojans, I personally don't like the feel as much, they seem a bit tighter and more noticeable.

    midshipman.jpg
  • CowTipperCowTipper Registered User
    edited July 2004
    From what I've heard, trojans are the worst (Talk to sluts at your school, they find out the hard way so you dont have to)

    Durex and Lifestyles are the best also from what I've heard.

    No sig for me =(


    Damn huge file size...
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    Dual condoms offer no extra protection because they're much more prone to breakage.

    They are however useful for anotehr reason.

    If your guy is prone to blwoing his load too quickly, then 2 condoms will decrease his sensitivity and help him last the distance.

    Provide sample data to the Traitor project here || What is Traitor?
    SODOMISE INTOLERANCE
    Tide goes in. Tide goes out.
  • JabberwockyJabberwocky Registered User
    edited July 2004
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    Dual condoms offer no extra protection because they're much more prone to breakage.

    They are however useful for anotehr reason.

    If your guy is prone to blwoing his load too quickly, then 2 condoms will decrease his sensitivity and help him last the distance.

    But's it's still a stupid thing to do. They make condoms to numb sensation for the... overeager boys, if one really can't contain themself.

    I'm balanced, personified phantom to the bone
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA
    edited July 2004
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    Dual condoms offer no extra protection because they're much more prone to breakage.

    They are however useful for anotehr reason.

    If your guy is prone to blwoing his load too quickly, then 2 condoms will decrease his sensitivity and help him last the distance.

    But's it's still a stupid thing to do. They make condoms to numb sensation for the... overeager boys, if one really can't contain themself.

    Yes, but some boys are already uncomfortable buying condoms in the first place, and don't want the clerk at the local drug store to know they have a hair trigger, if you will.

    On top of that, sometimes you're out, and you need a package quick-style and the nearest 7-11 doesn't have your favourite extra-thick de-sensitizers and you've gotta improvise.

    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • rockmonkeyrockmonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    meh i've used lifestyles trojans durex whatever, never had one break. I usually opt for the trojans and tend to like to try a different kind everynow and then, i'll stick to the same kind for 4 or 5 boxes then switch. Most commonly i've used the orange and purple trojan boxes, but couldn't tell ya what they were off the top of my head.
    Remembering the gimick on the box for the condoms I'm buying is usually the last thing from my mind at that point in time

    I also tend to scope out the cashiers before I go get the condoms. I'm not ashamged or anything crazy like that. I'd just prefer not to go to some old white lady that looks like my grandmother. I find going to the black guys the funniest. They always tend to have some short comment or a smirk/nod to give you, especially when you lay down a box of trojans, chocolate syrup and a halloween costume at check-out.

    My first time I was so neverous and concerned about pleasing her and getting her off that I didn't actually get to finish. first of all she was tight as hell and it took lots of coaxing to get her to relax her muscules enough to get slugger in the game. After that was accomplished and she had an orgasm she had me stop because it was "too much" or overwhelming. she felt bad but later attempts I just slowed down and took it easy for a minute and continued through after it had passed and she didn't really want to object at that point considering it meant she'd get a couple more goes herself before I was finished.

    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA
    edited August 2004
    I've never actually found a large sized Durex condom on sale, and the standard size is really, really tight on me, so that it becomes uncomfortable. Also, overly tight condoms are much more likely to break.

    Trojan however, makes that green box of large condoms that are much more common. I don't know if Durex just doesn't make large ones, or if Trojan is that much more popular, but for whatever reason, I'm pretty well stuck using Trojans if I want to be comfortable and not worried about breakage.

    One other thing to consider is if the condoms are coated with spermicidal lube. They're much better under two conditions: The girl isn't sensitive to them in a manner that makes it feel like her crotch is on fire (in the bad way), and you only plan on having one go at it that night. If you're planning for the potential of a few bouts of activities, anal sex, or you know that the girl in question has a tendency to be somewhat sensitive, don't buy spermicidal condoms.

    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • M2tMM2tM Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Durex studded for her pleasure are interesting...

    I prefer Durex myself, thin but tough and well made. Yeah, they are a bit tight though...

    "We can be richer than industry as long as we know that there are things that we don't really need." -Willy Mason
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost oh shit son Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    Never used a Trojan but once. It's been either Durex Sheik, Ramses, or LifeStyles Ultra Thin.

    this is your brain on seven yottabytes of suicidegirls and sixty pounds of pot
  • BulimicGoatBulimicGoat Registered User
    edited December 2004
    The only condoms I've ever used have been those green boxes of Trojans. I've been reading some arguments as to whether or not Trojans are that great, but from my experiences with them, I've never had them break.

    Moss wrote:
    My gohst busters uniform is apparently a big durn on. I made ti with liek two women.
  • a penguina penguin Registered User
    edited July 2005
    Back when birth control was actually a concern for me, we used to use the un-lubed Trojans (hard to find, btw), and buy the lube seperately. We had some bad experiences with the spermicide ones... the aforementioned, 'crotch fire'. They don't teach you that one in sex ed :shock:

    This will probably stir up some commotion, but sheepskin rule. BUT, if I remember correctly, they DO NOT PREVENT SOME STD's. So don't use them unless you're in a safe relationship; don't take chances with that shit.

    I have bad things to say about the pill. Messing with hormones is generally not a good thing, and I know plenty of people that have inadvertanly started families on the pill. There's fun side affects, like weight gain. Then there's things that will make it not be as effective (antibotics for one.) It took my wife's body a long time to recover from that thing.

    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I use the es2 (Extra Sensitive 2) from Condomi.
    Even the regular version is so thin you hardly notice it if you don't think about it. And there's even a thinner version, haven't tried those yet though.

    sc.jpgsc.jpg
  • wafflesXwafflesX Registered User
    edited August 2005
    But is there a way to check for holes in a condom before putting it on, ie. is it safe to fill er um with some water? And a funny storie. In south africa aids is a huge problem so the goverment issues billions of condoms FREE. So they were handing them out with the instructions STAPLED to the packet lol.

    «When you say waffles you've said it all.»
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Can I just say, whoever suggested first the use of "ultra thin" condoms...that you sir, I owe my new life to.

    That is all.

    I am in the business of saving lives.

    camo_sig2.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2005
    thinner is generally nicer for the guys.

    Better for both actually.

  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Businessman!Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    i read on some site that sells all kinds of crazy condoms that condoms with spermacide don't work and actually have a higher risk of getting a girl pregnant. The website actually doesn't sell condoms with spermicide because of this discovery... that's if it's true.

    I use Magnums (and they're still a bit too tight) too... it's because i'm black. And they are much thicker than regular condoms, but not so much longer.

    Women like that girth boy!

    haha, that;s racist!

    damn, where's the GIF when you need it?
    _________________________________________
    edit:why are so many people complaining of condoms being too small? does everyone here but me have immensely large penises?

    steam_sig.png

    I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/TheJohnDarc
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited December 2005
    my freshman year in college a buddy called me up asking how to use one.
    i thought it was pretty self-evident. regardless, i reminded him that there were instructions on the package and that calling your buddy to ask how sex works tends to ruin it for the chick.

    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • OptimusWangOptimusWang Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Gah, I break the Durex Ultra ones every time I use them doing anything other than missionary. Go for the Trojan ribbed ones - helluva lot stronger and they'll do more for her.

    PSN: Optimus_Wang
    XBL: OptimusWang
  • ErandusErandus Registered User
    edited February 2006
    rockmonkey wrote:
    They always tend to have some short comment or a smirk/nod to give you, especially when you lay down a box of trojans, chocolate syrup and a halloween costume at check-out.

    When i was cashiering at a grocery store in higshcool, this older couple, perhaps in their late 50's or early 60's came through my line. He looked like a reasonably fit chap, and she was probably quite attractive no more than 10 years before, and still a handsome woman. Now at the time I would smoke a lot of pot before working to make the day more interesting.

    I wasn't quite prepared for their purchases, however, when they placed on my checkout belt the following items:

    1 6-pack Bud Light
    1 6-pack Sam Adams
    2 Carrots
    1 Cucumber
    1 Bunch of bananas
    1 Tube of K-Y Jelly
    3 Boxes of assorted brand condoms

    It was rather surreal. I think I told them, as they were leavin to behave. I know I really wanted a nap after that.


    Anyways, to stay on topic a little.. I think most people ask for advice on how it works because they don't want to break up the moment and stop to read the directions when they're in bed, or get caught molesting the produce in their kitchen.

    Pinch-n-roll. And practice as often as possible.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2006
    i have to ask, is there generally like any sizes to condoms? Like do they have a small, med, large, or is it one size fits all.

  • kobakoba Registered User
    edited March 2006
    weel I don't use condoms

    but I know that no cookies means no computer at home

    eat meaty cumm filled TACo
  • OptimusWangOptimusWang Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Gajdycz wrote:
    i have to ask, is there generally like any sizes to condoms? Like do they have a small, med, large, or is it one size fits all.
    Yup - Kimonos are supposed to be smaller (developed for asian men), and Trojan Magnums are for guys hung like Chuck Norris.

    For the most part, the rest are pretty much one-size-fits-all. Unless you have a vienna sausage or moonlight as a pornstar, use whatever feels best.

    PSN: Optimus_Wang
    XBL: OptimusWang
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Seriously, if you're calling a dick "Mr. Happy" and a condom "Mr. Happy's hat", you really really don't need to be putting yourself in the position to possibly reproduce.

    Some people are uncomfortable with words like penis, vagina, buttsex, etc. So they have to make child-like references instead. I'd rather some kid has protected sex than get pregnant.

    UH OH! You said the magic word!

  • Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I have noticed that the latex ones stretch to fit better than the poly. I don't remember who said they liked poly better, but that is crazy in my opinion. They don't seem to stretch the same and are way to tight across the middle and she said she didn't like how they felt much either. Although condoms were quite annoying and expensive. They get very expensive fast. I think they should only be used to prevent STDs, which they are quite good at. In an on going sexual relationship, where you know that you are both STD free and can trust each other; seriously, birth control is the way to go.

    To the guy who has been married for 5 years and still using condoms:

    /smacks you with a bowl of cereal

    Dear god man, why?

    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • morosemorose Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    To the guy who has been married for 5 years and still using condoms:

    /smacks you with a bowl of cereal

    Dear god man, why?

    I'm going to take a wild guess here... but probably to prevent babies? ;)

  • ~Nephilim~~Nephilim~ Registered User
    edited June 2006
    Been getting back into the whole sex thing, and I bought some condoms to practice gtting them on without fail and I seem to have it down pat but.

    1) it rolls down perfectly a certain length and then stops a little above base as if it's stuck(more above than it should be I think)

    2) No matter what I do, whenever I pull back from the condom, like if I were in a girl and I pull back to thrust, the condom is not skin tight, it leaves a bit of excess room and then when I thrust back, it goes skin tight again, is this normal?(and I don't mean the resevoir, just like, well it loses surface tension, it's not a skin tight fit anymore)

    pashazam.jpg
  • BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, you're good, both of those things are normal.

    But my main point is to NOT EVER TRUST FREE ONES. I had a blowout a few nights ago with a durex. Scary shit.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    people kept talking about the pill, but the pill very often makes girls gain weight, and nothing they can do to prevent it. sometimes it doesn't, buuut.

    also someone was talking about putting it on with your mouth, that is fun when you get flavored condoms, or non lubed and use flavored lube.

    3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What selection of hat would uh..

    make Mr. Happy.... happy?

    this may have been said already, but if you aren't mature enough to say it, you probably shouldn't do it.

  • Rincewind420Rincewind420 Registered User
    edited June 2009
    Some people prefer to speak in metaphor, i personally thinks this makes like interesting, reading the line "Mr. Happy.....happy?" was more humorous and therefore more enjoyable for me to read then: what brand of condom is the best?


    If the Op is mature enough to be seeking advise on condom use before having sex, they are mature enough to have sex.

    *hopes to god i didnt just condone some 12 year olds going at it*

  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They'd be 13 now. This thread's over a year old.

2
Sign In or Register to comment.