As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do We Have A Beer Thread? I Want to Talk About Beer Now

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Okay well then still send me some!

So I had an idea, because a few of us were talking about this.

And because I'd like to try beers I can't get here. And I'd like to share the Yeti love.

https://www.facebook.com/pabrewtsquad

I am absolutely down with this.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm Steve Garlo by the way.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Not having a Facebook is kind of a thing I do...

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm down.

I got some Schlafly pumpkin ale and holy shit, that stuff is amazing. Right now it's my favorite pumpkin ale by a mile.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Goose Island's Oktoberfest is pretty good.

Has anyone tried Paulaner's 'Taste of Munich' pack?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    Had a weekend filled with Great Lakes Oktoberfest and Rhinegeist Franz. Was great.

Though the beer steins went neglected this year. Hopefully they will get utilized when Cincinnati Oktoberfest comes around next year.

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    Victory Brewing tasting last night. The Victory rep was awesome enough to reach into his own private stash and provide bottles of Wild Devil for us to sample.

j9nebhowdc07.jpg

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    I'm super jealous.

• Options
    Picked up an 18th anniversary IPA from Stone and a fresh hopped IPA from Deschutes.

I'm going to need it while I attempt to install a dishwasher

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Guys tomorrow is my towns brewfest. There will be beers from over 70 brewerys there.

I'm super pumped

• Options
    This 18th anniversary is delicious. More of an alcohol flavor and less hoppiness than one might expect from an IPA but it's still delish.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Also tomorrow: HOOD RIVER HOPS FEST. There are three local festivals each year that I try like hell not to miss. This is the third.

They don't have a beer list online that I can find. Attending brewers for 2014, however, no problem:
    10 Barrel
    Amnesia
    Backwoods
    Barley Brown’s
    Base Camp
    Big Horse
    Bridgeport
    Burnside
    Coalition
    Crux
    Deschutes
    Double Mountain
    Elysian
    Everybody’s Brewing
    Ex Novo
    Fort George
    Full Sail
    Gigantic
    GoodLife
    Hop Valley
    Hopworks
    Humble
    Ice Harbor
    Laurelwood
    Logsdon
    Migration
    Ninkasi
    Oakshire
    pFriem
    Sasquatch
    Seven Brides
    Silver Moon
    Solera
    StormBreaker
    Terminal Gravity
    The Commons
    Thunder Island
    Upright
    Vertigo
    Walking Man
    Wild Ride

Every one of them will have two offerings, some will have three, and 95% of them will be fresh hop.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    I am having a fabulous day. Weather is insane and the beer is so very good.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Today was the Valparaiso Brew Fest.

I drank like 40 beers.

I am dead now. Goodbye.

• Options
    Wife is heading to Wisconsin today. I told her there are 2 words she needs to know... New Glarus

• Options
    spec2spec2 Painted in my tiger skin Especially in MichiganRegistered User regular
    My girlfriend is coming for a visit on Thursday. We're bidding farewell to Summer with one last Radler and a Strawberry beer... and then we're jumping head-first into what I guess I'll call The First Annual Pumpkinfest in Apartment 5A:
    rbv8eu7u6lwi.jpg
    gscl9u3srzy8.jpg
    grx87mcjuhzg.jpg

Yeah, I know we've got some less than stellar entries, but hey, the idea was to grab EVERY pumpkin beer/cider at the local shops, not just the good ones, haha. I've really loved Ichabod in the past, but I'll be sure to let y'all know which ones we fancied.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    That's a splendid idea. I just tried the Kwak for the first time last night, was very nice.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Left Hand's Oktoberfest is really nice.

I gotta go to the store and pick up something light, though. I need a baby beer for day drinking purposes. And my brother is super into double IPAs these days, so our fridge is mostly full of those and an Imperial Pale Lager.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    SUCK IT DOUBLE POST

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Drinking a Red Hook Out of your Gourd pumpkin beer.

I just now remembered I don't really like pumpkin beer

• Options
    spec2spec2 Painted in my tiger skin Especially in MichiganRegistered User regular
    Drinking a Red Hook Out of your Gourd pumpkin beer.

I just now remembered I don't really like pumpkin beer

One solution is to drink like 12 pumpkin beers. Then, you no longer care that pumpkin beer is the basically the flavored vodka of beer.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Not having a Facebook is kind of a thing I do...

That's fine, just pm me your address if you want in.

Also, PA Brewt Squadders, check the FB page for your mission. I'm not very adept in running a page, so I'm not sure the best way to send you folks notifications. Also I'd like to keep it off the forums as much as possible, as I don't want to get in trouble with it.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Also Southern Tier Warlock.

Ho lee shit that's good. We don't get much Southern Tier around here, but I grab it up when I see it.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Sent! I'll probably send more than 2 because that would be impossible to choose.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm moving soon so I'll probably wait on signing up

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Beer thread I am planning on making this my next home brew
    http://byo.com/porter/item/1857-founder’s-brewings-breakfast-stout-clone
    Gonna try and get all the ingredients this weekend. If all goes well it should be ready by my birthday.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Three Floyds' Robert the Bruce. Oh my, I think I'm in love.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    I'm Nathan on facebook.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    I'm drinking Stella Artois because it's on special for 2 bucks on tap.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

Nothing' wrong with that. I'd gladly pay $2 for a Stella vs. a Bud or something like that.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »

Nothing' wrong with that. I'd gladly pay $2 for a Stella vs. a Bud or something like that.

Absolutely.

• Options
    Drank 3 Stellas and they only charged me for one! That's like... $0.66 a beer!

• Options
    The fresh hop Hefe from Widmer in my growler will be taking me into the weekend.

• Options
    I'm in Walker Minnesota for a beer tasting. Going to hit up the Leech Lake Brewery for a growler tomorrow.

• Options
    http://leechlakebrewing.com/home.htm

Help me select what to get a growler of.

• Options
    I'm really thinking the 3 Sheets. 100ibu caramel IPA.

• Options
    I tend to downgrade malt-heavy IPAs and describing something as 'caramel' seems like it rolls that direction. I could be wrong and the description could just be color-based.

The Loch Leech Scottish Ale would be my pick.

• Options
    I'll be at a tasting tomorrow before I go to the brewery so I'll have a better idea of what I want after that.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I'd try the Minobii, but I'm always a sucker for an ESB if it's done right.

• Options
    altlat55altlat55 Registered User regular
    Just picked up 2 Three Floyd's Zombie Dusts, 2 Bell's Expedition Stouts, and 2 one year aged Bell's Third Coasts

This discussion has been closed.