As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Feral Solved an Excel Spreadsheet question

DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
(Reposted from oDaM since I realized it's a pretty general question)

Anybody know who to right an excel formula that when you enter in the point buy cost for a stat it'll automatically output the proper stat. Alternatively if you could write it the other way around (Given stat x outputs cost y) that'd work too. My meager excel skills are failing me, likely because of horrible ability to properly write an equation that outputs the right results.

8 = 0
9 = 1
10 = 2
11 = 3
12 = 4
13 = 5
14 = 6
15 = 8
16 = 10
17 = 13
18 = 16

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
DevoutlyApathetic on

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The way I'd do it is with a VLOOKUP.
    On an unused sheet, create two columns like you have above:

8 0
    9 1
    10 2

etc. Let's say you put this on Sheet2!A1:B10

Then let's assume that your input cell is A1. On the output cell, create a formula like:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B10,X)

The X above can be 1 or 2 depending on which column you want to be the output values.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Worked like a charm. Many thanks.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
This discussion has been closed.