Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Planetside 2: Fight for the people, be a horrible facist, or some sort of anime.

VeretasVeretas Registered User regular
edited December 2012 in Social Entropy++
EWlKN.jpg

This game is a sequel to probably one of my favorite games from my early PC gaming days. It was also awful.

Like, really bad.

But it was the first to try having absolutely gigantic scale battles on a persistent battleground amongst three different teams! With vehicles! And transports! Eventually, though, the original Planetside literally designed itself to death with some horrible decisions such as adding essentially brand new continents except underground and really tightly packed caves. The absolute worse environment for the game's engine to handle. Giant robots, which were kinda cool I guess but horribly imbalanced.

Oh yeah they also blew up the planet, scattering the continents into each their own planet. This changed pretty much nothing.

But enough about that because this new game is out and so much better!

There are 3 Empires:

QawBp.jpg
The Terran Republic: The 'original' Empire that colonized Auraxis. They are essentially space nazis. They like powerful orchestral scores.

4uesE.jpg
The Vanu Sovereignty: Space hippies/nerds that believe in trans-humanism and dubstep. They got hover tanks and lasers. Wub wub wub wub.

The New Conglomerate: FREEDOM LOVING HEROES THAT FIGHT FOR LIBERATION OF ALL. BETTER TO BE A POOR AND FREE THAN TO BE A CONTENT SLAVE. NC 4 LYFE.

So yeah I've been playing in the beta and it is pretty fun. It's also FREE. You have no reason to not to at least try it.

HERE IS THE ONLY LIST THAT MATTERS BECAUSE IT IS BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, OF THE PEOPLE and not some list of facists or nerds who love anime:

NC on the Connery server:

@Veretas - Veretas
@Dubh - Dubh
@JayKaos - JayKaos
@Bluedude152 - Barrowsbob
@Ranlin - Alendra
@Metalbourne - sehomp
@interrobang - terro
@Metacortex - Nobarg
@BYToady - BYToady
@Ubik - Rubrik

Veretas on