As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new STEAM thread

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Until they accept them, yes.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Hmmm... ok, I can't decide on DE:HR as if you factor in the story content dlc the game pushes past my buy limit by a fair amount however I have been waiting for that 5 dollar price point as I have a huge backlog and no money. Is the story dlc integrated into the main story, or can it basically be selected from the menu and played later (like a mini-expansion [so it can be purchased in a subsequent sale])? Also I remember that there was a lot of confusion with the aug edition containing all kinds of different things depending on where you bought it from. The Aug. edition on steam does NOT contain any dlc.. is this correct? I know it's only 3 bucks and change but stuff adds up:)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KaruwenKaruwen Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I have an extra Steam key for Skyrim, so if anyone wants it, send me a PM or a message on Steam. First one to send me a message gets it!

Edit : Key's been grabbed, enjoy Joe Blaque!

Karuwen on
    Steam, Xbox Live & PSN : Karuwen
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Bought Mark of the Ninja and Hotline Miami!

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    The Scottish UnicornThe Scottish Unicorn CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Also for those interested in Tribes Ascend, the starter pack of items, which is really good and has a ton of stuff, is 70% off.

The Scottish Unicorn on
    76561198004630058.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Yay Mark of the Ninja. Now I just need Spec Ops to go on sale so I can beat it before the Giant Bomb GOTY talks.

Reposting this, since more people should play Spec-Ops:

Get Games is doing another "Get Loaded" sale where the following games are 2 for $15.

Spec-Ops: The Line (Steamworks)
    Binary Domain (Steamworks)
    Warhammer 40K Space Marine (Steamworks)
    Serious Sam 3 (Steamworks)
    Civilization V GOTY (Steamworks)

and also:
    Lego Batman 2 (Not Steamworks)

• Options
    EmruggsEmruggs Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Okay, so I bought one of the Paradox packs on Amazon because I could get Crusader Kings II for 10 bucks. Naturally I now have codes for several other games that I already own.

Magicka Collection: [Claimed]
    + The Stars Are Left DLC: [Claimed]
    Victoria 2: [Claimed]

They can be activated on Steam. Enjoy.

Emruggs on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Emruggs wrote: »
    + The Stars Are Left DLC: AQCNJ-DWDDP-EQGMQ
    I took this one, appreciate it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I would love a game like Fallen Enchantress, but theres simply no chance I'm buying a game made by Brad Wardell. Not that he would ever learn, but still, its the principle of the matter.

• Options
    Joe BlaqueJoe Blaque Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    Okay, so I bought one of the Paradox packs on Amazon because I could get Crusader Kings II for 10 bucks. Naturally I now have codes for several other games that I already own.

Magicka Collection: KGKA0-EW8G8-Q8HET
    + The Stars Are Left DLC: AQCNJ-DWDDP-EQGMQ
    Victoria 2: 8B9YN-H55EJ-EJ3RE

They can be activated on Steam. Enjoy.

Thank you, kind sir. Was the only game I actually wanted in one of the other Amazon bundles. You rock!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »
    Hmmm... ok, I can't decide on DE:HR as if you factor in the story content dlc the game pushes past my buy limit by a fair amount however I have been waiting for that 5 dollar price point as I have a huge backlog and no money. Is the story dlc integrated into the main story, or can it basically be selected from the menu and played later (like a mini-expansion [so it can be purchased in a subsequent sale])? Also I remember that there was a lot of confusion with the aug edition containing all kinds of different things depending on where you bought it from. The Aug. edition on steam does NOT contain any dlc.. is this correct? I know it's only 3 bucks and change but stuff adds up:)

The Missing Link DLC is separate entry in your game list and you can definitely get it later if you want to. It integrates into the middle of the main story but I think it was designed to be played after completing the main game. I don't think any of the Augmented Editions bring any DLCs, you just get a bunch of extra digital stuff (videos, artwork, soundtrack, etc)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Joe BlaqueJoe Blaque Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    @Karuwen is super classy with the Skyrim. I won his little giveaway. I am much grateful, and I can finally see what all the fuss is about!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Ugh three things on my wishlist are on sale today:

Hotline Miami
    Mark of the Ninja
    Fallen Enchantress

Buying the first 2 now and time to think about the last.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Pondering Mark of the Ninja. I've heard almost universal praise for it, but it didn't capture my attention in the Giant Bomb quick look. Of course, I stopped watching that near the beginning and the level he was on probably didn't accurately represent the rest of the game...

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Is the DLC for Skyrim worth getting? I don't even know if it's on sale, this is just a general game question.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    Thanks @EdglerVess for Hotline Miami! I've been listening to the soundtrack over and over again on youtube and have dying to check out the game itself (and make everyone else die instead.) :D

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I did a lot of giving last night and now I don't remember who I gifted things out to. I remember Uber and Shade, but didn't I get multiple copies of VwaW? Whatever, I really want carrier command but after all the giving I did this week ($30 in food donations) and the rental car, I think I should wait till the new year's sale.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Is the DLC for Skyrim worth getting? I don't even know if it's on sale, this is just a general game question.

I liked Dawnguard, but haven't played enough to put any time into Hearthfire.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I just finished replaying Max Payne 1 & 2. Now to get the 3rd one! Actually, how did it turn out? I'm curious if it's a worthy successor to the first two.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »

I liked Dawnguard, but haven't played enough to put any time into Hearthfire.

Seconding this, Dawnguard is great, adds a lot to the game. Haven't played Hearthfire.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    I'm kinda hoping Lego goes 75% off. I'll buy them all at around $38 or whatever it will be.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Old key I had sitting around, 20 hours left.

signature.png

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Yay Mark of the Ninja. Now I just need Spec Ops to go on sale so I can beat it before the Giant Bomb GOTY talks.

Reposting this, since more people should play Spec-Ops:

Get Games is doing another "Get Loaded" sale where the following games are 2 for $15.

Spec-Ops: The Line (Steamworks)
    Binary Domain (Steamworks)
    Warhammer 40K Space Marine (Steamworks)
    Serious Sam 3 (Steamworks)
    Civilization V GOTY (Steamworks)

and also:
    Lego Batman 2 (Not Steamworks)

EDIT: Ok that came off too whiny.

This is a great deal, but I have loads of great games already so I can wait.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    FattronicusFattronicus Registered User regular

Magicka Collection: KGKA0-EW8G8-Q8HET

Snagged this, thanks a lot man.

76561197968482768.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just finished replaying Max Payne 1 & 2. Now to get the 3rd one! Actually, how did it turn out? I'm curious if it's a worthy successor to the first two.

Hell yes it was. And if its still active, the multi was awesome as well

• Options
    The Scottish UnicornThe Scottish Unicorn CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    From what I understand, 70% of the game is just cutscenes.

76561198004630058.png
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Sumanai wrote: »

The Missing Link DLC is separate entry in your game list and you can definitely get it later if you want to. It integrates into the middle of the main story but I think it was designed to be played after completing the main game. I don't think any of the Augmented Editions bring any DLCs, you just get a bunch of extra digital stuff (videos, artwork, soundtrack, etc)

For anyone interested who isn't striderjg, I'd say avoid the Missing Link DLC. The rain physics are certainly astounding but if you play it when it's supposed to be take place I find it utterly ruins the flow of the story. Plus since it takes away all your abilities (since it is a separate game it can't know what you picked so I Deus ex (heh) machinas away all your augments, it really feels like it just... isn't your Adam.

I didn't like it.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

Gah! 30 minutes while I made lunch and @APODionysus strikes even though I had decided to purchase. Then in subsequent discussion, I get hit with the explosives pack cause steam under wine is choking on the store (have to use website) for me and I forgot when trying to get it.
    Spoiler for large
    grrrr_small.jpg

Thanks again you classy gent. It shall be payed forward.

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    Pondering Mark of the Ninja. I've heard almost universal praise for it, but it didn't capture my attention in the Giant Bomb quick look. Of course, I stopped watching that near the beginning and the level he was on probably didn't accurately represent the rest of the game...

@AerynKelly gifted me it last night and I got about an hour and a half into it.

It's fantastic. Like... super brilliant. Great art and some of the best stealth gameplay I've ever seen. Pretty challenging too if you want to go for objectives like not being seen or not killing anyone.

The only thing it could really use that it lacks is some form of online leaderboards. Your levels get scores. Why not let us compare our ninjaing?

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Just in case anyone hasn't seen this.

This is Skyrim with a huge pile of mods added

skyrim-100-mods-01-650x365.jpg
    skyrim-100-mods-11.jpg
    skyrim-100-mods-02.jpg
    skyrim-100-mods-05.jpg

More images here (Warning Sideshow) http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2012/11/skyrim-mods-amazing-graphics/#page/1

Apparently the game is unplayable with all the mods, but still quite pretty with just some of them.

I look forward to trying the mods out myself.

Krummith on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I would love a game like Fallen Enchantress, but theres simply no chance I'm buying a game made by Brad Wardell. Not that he would ever learn, but still, its the principle of the matter.

On the other hand, he does employ people and I appreciate the fact that games like Fallen Enchantress are made, but I absolutely understand where you're coming from.

In a way, buying it on sale may be the best way to have it both ways, he gets less money, you get a game you want.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options

?

Can anyone who has played Max Payne 3 elaborate?

• Options
    Joe Blaque wrote: »
    @Karuwen is super classy with the Skyrim. I won his little giveaway. I am much grateful, and I can finally see what all the fuss is about!

I've put over twenty hours into the game and barely touched the main quest simply because I like picking a direction and just walking to see what I find. It's a good game.

• Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »

?

I haven't played it myself, but TotalBiscuits WTF Is really showcases the problem. He's playing and every 5 minutes (sometimes less) the game takes control out of his hands. It's ridiculous.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Thanks to @isorn I'm gonna get to snipe half naked yogo ladies (nsfw-ish)

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Big thanks to @Ashe for some KOTOR 2age! Now to find the extra content mods.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    ahhh, I just returned to my computer to find a copy of To The Moon waiting for me from @SkyEye

• Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »

?

It's an exaggeration. The game does have a lot of them though, especially toward the beginning, but overall I wouldn't say it's the huge deal some make it out to be.

• Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    Not steam related, but if you like indie bundles:
    http://supershockbundle.com/

Includes
    Cortex Command
    Thirty flights of loving
    VVVVVVV

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Inspired by my non-dilemma, I give you a horrible mspaint comic edit.

Spoilered for comic sans.
    P9NTB.gif

pHWHd2G.jpg
This discussion has been closed.