As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Planetside 2 TERRAN]We mostly shoot the shit now. Sometimes Vanu.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    As NC on Connery I demand you stop shooting the blue giraffes and only shoot the purple Halo lovers.

Blue giraffes and the purple guys straight outta viewtiful joe.

Ain't make me no never mind; You both fill up with holes just the same.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    As NC on Connery I demand you stop shooting the blue giraffes and only shoot the purple Halo lovers.

Blue giraffes and the purple guys straight outta vewtiful joe.

Ain't make me no never mind; You both fill up with holes just the same.

Word.

488W936.png
  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Bastable wrote: »
    This game is killing my 6970, 2nd blue screen this month. Time to upgrade to a Nvidia 660Ti for justice and dakka I think.

Oh, @Bastables, get a 680 bro. If it makes more sense to buy it from newegg let me know and I can ship it.

fwKS7.png?1
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I run an XFX 6950 2 gig card with bios flashed to 6970 and haven't had any major issues running PS2.

• BastableBastable Registered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »
    This game is killing my 6970, 2nd blue screen this month. Time to upgrade to a Nvidia 660Ti for justice and dakka I think.

Oh, @Bastables, get a 680 bro. If it makes more sense to buy it from newegg let me know and I can ship it.

Bro, I just impulse brought a PS vita (it's nice) and the 680 is 200-400nzd more.

But the idea of running all games at full resolution is a very seductive siren song :( lemme think it through. The 660ti would have to run some of my games at 1080.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

kaliyama wrote: »

Bro, I just impulse brought a PS vita (it's nice) and the 680 is 200-400nzd more.

But the idea of running all games at full resolution is a very seductive siren song :( lemme think it through. The 660ti would have to run some of my games at 1080.

I don't really have a problem running 1080 in anything on my 660ti. I suppose I couldn't push 1600 or 2440 or something but 1080 the card does fine.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    In case some of you don't peruse the main PS2 thread:

TOGSolid wrote: »
    So...uh...I may have just dropped a shitpile of cash on SC cards.
    *cough*
    IMG_0025.jpg

The good news is that some of those are for you guys!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFZJY0NxMlJhTTd2RGdvaVFCdUdZM3c6MQ&ifq

How many did I get? Who's gonna get them? Find out in three days on the 21st when I unleash a random number generator onto the contestant list! Winners will have the code PM'd to them!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Sweet. I shall be pleased to butter your bread.

488W936.png
  • Kruis08Kruis08 Registered User regular
    While the Vanu thead is business and awesome-ness oriented, I come here for the chuckles.

Kruis08 wrote: »
    While the Vanu thead is business and awesome-ness oriented, I come here for the chuckles.

We are business oriented too. When in business, on the planet of Indar, which is the only planet, we provide the key support and coordination needed for the pubs to not have to worry and love the galaxy drop.

When not in business, which is often enough, we like to partake of Skyrimjobs and a Far Cry of bullet hells and penis puns and Arma 2 mods.

488W936.png
    'Tis a jest, the Vanu thread is prob more silly than this. I've been lacking though, Skyrim dug its talons into my heart again, been glued to it for the whole weekend+Monday. Going to play some tomorrow, drop some cash on cards and then if I am still sober enough to play on 12/21/12 I'll redeem them.

'Tis a jest, the Vanu thread is prob more silly than this.

Lies, sedition, and slander.

• Zul the ConquerorZul the Conqueror Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    'Tis a jest, the Vanu thread is prob more silly than this.

Lies, sedition, and slander.

Also, statistics.

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    If only you guys played on an East server...

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
    If only you guys played on an East server...

I'm East coast and have no trouble with the server latency. The game's instability on the backend is the main hurdle and that happens regardless of server position.

488W936.png
    I am also East coast and have no issues with Connery. Sure some of TSR are west coasters but that won't be fixed by server location that's more a matter of demanding they pack up and move east for our convenience.

• BastableBastable Registered User regular
    I play from New Zealand, West cost servers are fine bros.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• BufordBuford Registered User regular
    We need to get an EPIC OP going Friday night!!!!1 Everyone and their mother better fight for the Republic or DIE!!!1

-TheLeapFrog

steam_sig.png

edited December 2012
    EPIC OP and affiliated terms are copyright TSR propaganda board by statute 21-2845-B of the Terran Republic General Martial Law. These terms fall under the specific license and purview of TSR outfit commanders and failure to utilize them in an accurate and appropriate way will result in an extended tour of duty on Esamir's northern front fighting Vanu. Without support.

Comrade Kakos will oversee correct use of said term until further notice.
    I'll try and be on tonight or run an OP tomorrow night, promise. Until then I suggest running with pubs or having Kakos start manning up and leading the random sqauds.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    Just in case you LIMP WRISTED... SLACK JAWED... PANSIES... who thought you were TR material forgot....
    TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!!!1
    http://youtu.be/CHN9CdBqSYM

steam_sig.png

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2012
    I love the TR, because they really helped out my ratio this morning. I went 49-4 (at one point had 36-0) against them earlier because they kept fucking zerging right into my HE Lightning.

A duck! on
    Huh... Sounds like the opposing forces on OUR server... Maybe PA-ers are just Awesome-Sauce!
    But seriously TR wins.
    Because TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!!!1

steam_sig.png

• Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    Buford, your avatar always makes me smile. Keep on keepin' on, Broseph.

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
    Well that's just how I approach life man, I fruit fuck everything!!! And when I get done... I fruit fuck it again.

steam_sig.png

TR-we-will-kill-you-in-your-sleep-on-christmas_zpsc5ab9a14.jpg
    TSR!!!1

steam_sig.png

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    I love the TR, because they really helped out my ratio this morning. I went 49-4 (at one point had 36-0) against them earlier because they kept fucking zerging right into my HE Lightning.

this fucking thing is so much fun to drive it's ridiculous

if I didn't know they were just respawning, I might actually feel guilty for how many I mowed down on the back cliffs of the crown

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Hey
    Got any batteries?

Happy Holidays Tunnel Snakes!
    And here's your present from early this morning.
    ECA553C23420A62C83B6217C24610265E2BCBFB8

steam_sig.png

More wonderful propaganda from our GLORIOUS LEADER!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mapVeHk_oE

steam_sig.png

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    cant believe you guys havent put a bullet in your head so you dont have to listen to him go on... and on... and on... and on...
    and on... and on... and on...
    and on...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I had the chance to check the game on my laptop this past weekend. It barely runs it. :)

Gonna get a rig for this next year and I will spend more time with it. I've been comfortable playing as a medic, what are the recommended upgrades? Specially those regarding guns.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    edited December 2012
    cant believe you guys havent put a bullet in your head so you dont have to listen to him go on... and on... and on... and on...
    and on... and on... and on...
    and on...

It doesn't have so much to do with weather we actually like the guy or not.

Speaking for myself at least, I approach most games from more of an RP point of view. It's fun for me to take on this virtual role of really being apart of this militaristic Empire.

The whole 'GLORIOUS LEADER' thing is just so much fun to me to have this Almighty figure head leading our ranks and politically dismembering the other faction leaders with obvious, sarcastic propaganda in his mighty dictator like speeches.

So before anyone goes and gets for cereal, lets not try and hate on people portraying a role for a game and lets think about how much more fun this element can bring to the game.

Your Diligent, Dutiful, and Delightful Commissar,
    -The Leap Frog
    P.S. TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!!!1

Buford on
    steam_sig.png

I had the chance to check the game on my laptop this past weekend. It barely runs it. :)

Gonna get a rig for this next year and I will spend more time with it. I've been comfortable playing as a medic, what are the recommended upgrades? Specially those regarding guns.

Well I don't know a whole lot about medics, I play heavy and engineer mostly. But i know you need your heal gun maxed out.

As far as primary weapons they all have their ups and downs. Some are good short range some are good mid to long and some knock off other stats to be pretty well rounded. But as far as the end all be all weapon is concerned I am really not sure.

I could look into it for you though since I have been thinking about dabbling in the medical profession myself.

As far as sidearms, well i think that's just preference. You have the repeaters which are a fast burst weapon with minimal damage per hit and then you have the more traditional emperor which is semi auto firearm that hits like a truck as far as the TR sidearms are concerned. I personally prefer the the emperor myself but the only downfall is you gotta unlock it with either 500 certs or 700 station cash.

steam_sig.png

• rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Don't mind my dearest Buford,
    always marking on the commNets about his glorious leader Epic TotalBiscuit.
    You should see when he's babbling to our half-Vanu half-TR daughter Helen.
    Like the pope on ectasy.

rRootagea on
    Well I guess that makes me Zues and you Leda haha.

steam_sig.png

• rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    Or something like Love Can Bloom

Yeah... That was painful heh...heh... I it read for about 20 seconds. I prefer Zues and Leda lol but hey you can be the Queen of Sparta this way. But now we seem to have gotten off topic of how our GLORIOUS LEADER will bring us VICTORY!!!1

steam_sig.png

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    Well I am staying home from MTG FNM tonight... How about an EPIC OP? I mean why go out and socialize with people in the real world and on a friday night? LETS KILL SOME MANS!!!1

steam_sig.png