As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girl Meets World: A real show that premieres June 27 ALSO FULL HOUSE REVIVAL SPECULATION

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    yo Boy Meets World wasn't that good

peace out

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    So that's why he's jailed!

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Godfather wrote: »

bring it, you gaijin

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    Wizards of Waverly place is better

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    BMW was about Sean Hunter

everyone else was a foil to emphasize aspects of Sean's life

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular

bring it, you gaijin

you mad brah

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular

bring it, you gaijin

you mad brah

weed does that to a man

they call it the chronic crazies

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've ever seen an episode of this show.

• Options

bring it, you gaijin

you mad brah

yeah I'll fucking

I'll fucking lay your nuts on a fucking dresser

just your nuts laying on a fucking dresser

and bang them shits with a spiked fucking bat

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    C
    Moriveth wrote: »

Watch the one where Shawn whines about his dad

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    C

You'll have to be more specific.

The one where his dad died was pretty good though.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    yo Boy Meets World wasn't that good

peace out

not everything can be Fresh Prince of Bel Air, man

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dinosaurs was the only legit good TGIF show.

Series ended by corporate assholes causing the ice age.

The show literally ends with the main cast huddled around each other for warmth. It closes out with a newscaster saying "Goodnight....and goodbye."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    C

You'll have to be more specific.

The one where his dad died was pretty good though.

That was the joke.

Maybe I should have said the one where Mr.Feeny imparts wisdom.

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I started watching this show a couple of years ago and got through all of it in I think a month

so those kids grew up damn fast for me

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Dinosaurs was the only legit good TGIF show.

Series ended by corporate assholes causing the ice age.

The show literally ends with the main cast huddled around each other for warmth. It closes out with a newscaster saying "Goodnight....and goodbye."

I think people let it coast on that ending. Its good but pretty much a standard sitcom.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nah, I watched the whole thing and it works.

It's definitely among the first in a wave of shows copying the Simpsons formula, but did so with creativity and of course excellent puppetry. Lots of good social commentary, including a multi-part arc about a profit-based war that feels eerily prophetic in this post-Iraq age.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Arise, B/GMW thread, and meet Riley Matthews, posing with her future TV dad, who posted this photo on her instagram account (according to Yahoo!, where I swiped it from):

izYwDUl.jpg

She is Rowan Blanchard, from Spy Kids 4

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Also, the EW article that announced her getting the role (which came out in February) indicates that Rider Strong has a bigger role than previously thought and might be part of the show as cool Uncle Shawn.

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Looks enough like Corey I guess.

But Corey doesn't look nearly old enough to be a dad.

• Options
    Yeah, they mention aging the girl up in the article during auditions, they might want to help Ben along as well.

• Options
    I have so little faith in this being good.

I really want it to be but the previews reek of Disney original sitcom.

No mention of Friedle yet?

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I was really hoping this would be more of an ABC-Family original.

Oh well, here's hoping.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    the two posts at the top of the page are pretty funny in hindsight

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    So it is incredibly apparent now this is a Disney channel original-ass series and it is for children who are young enough to be into shit like Sam and Cat and Suite Life and whatnot, and that's totally fine. But those kids aren't gonna know what Boy Meets World is, so it feels like there is no reason to tie it into BMW in the first place and not just be 100% a spiritual successor.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    So it is incredibly apparent now this is a Disney channel original series, and it is for children who are young enough to be into shit like Sam and Cat and Suite Life and whatnot, and that's totally fine. But those kids aren't gonna know what Boy Meets World is, so it feels like there is no reason to tie it into BMW and not just be 100% a spiritual successor.

Because people who watched BMW have kids in that demo.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I doubt they are going to make a non-animated show for adults where all the actors are kids

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I doubt they are going to make a non-animated show for adults where all the actors are kids

More than half the cast is adults though . Its a waste. ABC could have brought it back( just like theyre doing with full house) and the tone could have been similar to the early bmw seasons.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Oh yeah in that case it is stuuuupid

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    ABC's bringing back Full House?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    They haven't even had a single episode yet. I'm going to wait and see. The only thing I can say is that they'll probably stay away from the melodrama

More than half the cast is adults though . Its a waste. ABC could have brought it back( just like theyre doing with full house) and the tone could have been similar to the early bmw seasons.

There were not many "main cast" kids in the original BMW. Cory, Shaun, Eric, and Morgan were the only ones in the credits of the first episode, no? Maybe Topanga.

Looking at IMDB, there's 4 kids that are listed as being in all 21 episodes and 1 more listed as being in 19 of 21 with full names.

And now I am doing stupid math for a show that hasn't even premiered yet.

Goose! on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    So it is incredibly apparent now this is a Disney channel original-ass series and it is for children who are young enough to be into shit like Sam and Cat and Suite Life and whatnot, and that's totally fine. But those kids aren't gonna know what Boy Meets World is, so it feels like there is no reason to tie it into BMW in the first place and not just be 100% a spiritual successor.

To be honest, going off of that one promo, I'm somewhat optimistic. The girl looks and acts much more like early seasons Cory than I was expecting. I could imagine him saying a lot of those same lines and with the same enthusiasm.

The only thing that really sticks out as bad (but boy does it) is the five or so seconds dedicated to "Farkle" (who I'm guessing is the new Minkus? Minkus was not exactly one of their better characters, not sure why you'd go back to that well outside of the actor's upcoming guest spot).

I still wish it were on a better network, but I'll at least give it a few episodes. They did bring back the same showrunner, hopefully it has the same feel.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The girl who played Rachel should stand as a PSA about natural beauty and not ruining yourself with plastic surgery.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Or, or, that could just be a super crappy photo of her and Buzz Feed is a horrible place. To wit: http://instagram.com/maitlandward

• Options
    agoaj wrote: »
    ABC's bringing back Full House?
    Yeah a reunion special ala the Brady bunch.

Hopefully not as soul crushingly depressing

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    monsterror wrote: »

Eternal youth is the curse of the Savage brothers.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    monsterror wrote: »

Eternal youth is the curse of the Savage brothers.

And squinting

• Options
    This premiered tonight/last night. I am watching it since I DVRed it. I'm enjoying the comedy so far.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    It felt very much like Season 1 of Boy Meets World, and was impressed when i read that the core of the writers are all talented female writers with the original writers basically enhancing the original cast.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.