As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2013 Enforcer Apps now closed!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited February 2013 in PAX East

• Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    Well, time to finally be a redshirt.

• Options
    HurglemanHurgleman Registered User new member
    Durinthal wrote: »
    Durinthal wrote: »
    Well, time to finally be a redshirt.

Hopefully me too. First time volunteering, and I'm excited.

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Welp, time for me to finally put in an app ...

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    arsonisfun wrote: »

WHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT?! I think hell just froze over! =D

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Vapok wrote: »

WHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT?! I think hell just froze over! =D

haha, I figure it's easier than having to sneak in to all the secret enforcer events ;)

Besides, everybody knows that E-Land is filled with Unicorns and Rainbows ...

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular

Approve.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    haha, I figure it's easier than having to sneak in to all the secret enforcer events ;)

While Unicorns and Rainbows do exist, E-land does not. Also, you do realize you tell us your inner most dark secrets during the application process? Haha.. =)

I'm with SmallLady on this one. I approve.

Vapok
  • Options

While Unicorns and Rainbows do exist, E-land does not. Also, you do realize you tell us your inner most dark secrets during the application process? Haha.. =)

I'm with SmallLady on this one. I approve.

Well as long as I still get to use the private enforcer bathroom where the toilets are made of gold and the ball pit the size of an Olympic pool ...

I should have forwarded a copy of my application to you two ;)

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Only time I've only been sad to come from Canada..

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I'm going to apply this year /fingerscrossed!

I seem to remember reading this great mega-thread about enforcing that had lots of information about the different departments you can request, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone remember that thread?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I knew I had made that post, I just forgot where. It's in the Australia forum.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    App submitted...we'll see what happens!

signature.png
  • Options
    For those wanting to apply, a bit of advice. I know that a lot of us current enforcers have been joshing with people in this thread, however, applying to be an Enforcer is serious business, and we ask that your applications be serious and not taken lightly. Our lovely PRD is looking for people who are dedicated and serious about helping out for PAX and not just for the "fun" of it. We do have fun, but we put in a lot of serious work and dedication to make that happen.

Good luck!

Vapok
  • Options
    For those wanting to apply, a bit of advice. I know that a lot of us current enforcers have been joshing with people in this thread, however, applying to be an Enforcer is serious business, and we ask that your applications be serious and not taken lightly. Our lovely PRD is looking for people who are dedicated and serious about helping out for PAX and not just for the "fun" of it. We do have fun, but we put in a lot of serious work and dedication to make that happen.

Good luck!

Indeed - I'm naturally jovial and prone to making silly comments, but (assuming I'm accepted) I plan to treat enforcing with the same responsibility that I bring to my job. From what I know it can be a lot of work - work with fun people in a fun environment, but still work.

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

Good luck!

Agreed. Being a Enforcer is wicked fun. But it is work and a lot of dedication to PAX so you can make the Attendees experience the best it can be. Because of how great last East was due to the Enforcers I knew I wanted to join their ranks and did so for Prime. You meet a lot of cool people while Enforcing. It's always nice to have Attendees come up and thank a Enforcer for their hard work. Just treat the Application seriously. Don't treat it like a joke. It is a application so treat it as if you were applying for a real serious job. If you do that you will(in my opinion) have a much better chance of joining our ranks. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

UNHMAN on
  • Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I know there's probably no official answer on this, but does anyone have a general idea of when they let the applicants know if they have been accepted (a few months prior? a few weeks prior?)? I need to sort out a few final details of my trip, and some are dependent on if I'm attending or enforcing.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    If I had to guess, you'll probably find out in the late January/early February time frame.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Submitted my application a few days ago.

Fingers crossed and voodoo doll groomed.

>.<'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered User regular
    I _really_ enjoyed PAX East last year and I feel passionate about this community. I'd like to help make PAX East as or more enjoyable for future Attendees. Are there any questions I should consider, aside from those in the application and above, before applying?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    This is probably the only other one to consider:

awesomeenforcer.jpg

• Options
    whypick... do you recall who took that shot of Angel? That is such a great picture.

Vapok
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it was an attendee who was cool enough to let us keep using it.

• Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    It appears to be @TeeArrWilliams who shot it, first posted in this thread. I'm not sure who added the caption after that.

• Options
    VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    Submitted my application. Would LOVE to do this :D This will be 4th PAX East ^_^

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • Options
    nimrodblacknimrodblack High Council of Useless Knowledge BostonishRegistered User regular
    Submitted my App last week. Glad to read the serious and fun side from Vapok.

PAX East 2013: 3Day Badge and Local to Boston
  • Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Submitted my application. Kept my answers on the short and sweet side.

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Think I'll apply this year. Third PAX East but first year going alone so this could be a cool way to make new friends to enjoy the PAX experience with :) . Not too sure how the enforcer system works but I guess I'll learn as it goes if I get accepted

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    If you want some idea as to how Enforcing works, you should peruse this thread.

• Options
    whypick1 wrote: »
    If you want some idea as to how Enforcing works, you should peruse this thread.

Thanks. I'm glad I submitted my application. Looks like something I'd sure be in to doing. I hope to hear back soon. Will I hear back either way (accepted or not) or only if accepted?

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    You should hear back either way.

• Options
    Cool cool.

The anticipation is a killer.
    ^^

72 days, woo!!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it was an attendee who was cool enough to let us keep using it.

I'm pretty sure that's just how he looks in real life.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Cool cool.

The anticipation is a killer.

You said it! Anyone know the general time frame it takes to hear back?

weZXr66.png
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Acceptance letters generally go out in waves. When those waves start is a myyyystery *ooooooohohooooohoohooohoohohohooo*

*ahem* Sorry, but yeah, they won't say when. It hasn't started yet, based on the fact that there are zero "I GOT IN!!!!111" posts in this thread.

• Options
    Acceptance letters generally go out in waves. When those waves start is a myyyystery *ooooooohohooooohoohooohoohohohooo*

*ahem* Sorry, but yeah, they won't say when. It hasn't started yet, based on the fact that there are zero "I GOT IN!!!!111" posts in this thread.

You're a mystery.... *oooooooooohhhooohooohoooh*

;-)

Vapok
  • Options
    Previous two posts can be improved with this in mind:

200px-JabbatheHuttROTJ.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    nimrodblacknimrodblack High Council of Useless Knowledge BostonishRegistered User regular
    I am so glad enforcers of the past/present post here because I was wondering if/when/how I would hear if I was needed/accepted or not.

PAX East 2013: 3Day Badge and Local to Boston
  • Options
    If you're accepted, PRD will send you an e-mail detailing the next steps.

And that's about all I can tell you because that's about all Enforcers know. We're not told when people will be accepted, and I don't even know if rejection e-mails are sent.

• Options
    RyakenRyaken Registered User regular
    I have been checking my e-mail every couple of hours just to make sure I don't miss the email. I've been planning to be an enforcer since I finally committed myself to going to PAX East 3 years ago. Cannot wait to see if I get accepted or not.

• Options
    Ryaken wrote: »
    I have been checking my e-mail every couple of hours just to make sure I don't miss the email. I've been planning to be an enforcer since I finally committed myself to going to PAX East 3 years ago. Cannot wait to see if I get accepted or not.

x 2!

I'm running out of gods to pray to.

l4lGvOw.png

wra