As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"Feature" phones for USA luddites

LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
Hello all,
The missus has decided that she doesn't like her iPhone 4S. She wishes to harken back to a simpler time, one where making telephone calls is easier, and the Internet can go to hell, and batteries last for days, not hours. I can understand the appeal.

However, I have absolutely no idea what non-smartphone would be any good anymore (it's not like Nokia still make those awesome handsets from the late 90s... OR DO THEY?). Does anyone have any ideas? Where would I get one of these things? I have a strong pref for something full-price and unlocked that will work on both AT&T or T-Mobile.

EDIT: She really liked her Samsung Juke, as it was tiny. Things of this nature would be good. Technically she could still use it, but Verizon's $50 a month isn't competitive with, say Virgin Mobile's $30 a month.

Samsung+Juke+U470.jpg

Lewisham on