Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Die, monster! You don't belong in this [Dungeon World]! [IC/OOC PbP]
Dungeon World is a fantasy RPG built on the Apocalypse Engine. It was Kickstarted a while back to roaring success and is at the printers for proofing; you could go buy the PDF on DriveThruRPG or possibly other places I haven't checked right now.
But if you want to have yourself a game, you can also look at the entire rules text completely free. It's here. This is basically a conversion of the rules text on GitHub into HTML - no art or extra text like examples of play. There's also a fan-made guide to using the rules, also free, available here. The example of play starts on page 50.
When you join a game of Dungeon World,
To sign up, !signup. Limiting this to five for right now, or as many people as I get within 24 hours, whichever.
Have a look over the Character Creation chapter in the rules and get up to stage 11, then post what you've got so far and we can hash us out some bonds.
We're starting at level 1, and for now I'd like to stick to just the races and classes spelled out in the rules.
When you play a game of Dungeon World on a discussion forum,
I'd like to see at least a post a day, upcoming holidays aside of course.
As far as posting your dice rolls go, "Die, Monster!" is currently a free campaign title over on orokos.com, so please use that.
Oh, and one more thing!
When you ask what the campaign is about,
Count Pallas has ruled the poor province of Ardenne for as long as anyone can remember. It's an open secret that he's a vampire, but his formidable personal power and general willingness to stay in his own territory have left him largely ignored by the outside world.
Until you. Until now.
One grey morning, in the rain and fog, you gather outside one of the mountain passes leading into Ardenne, and you find yourself remembering what brought you here.
(When you've made a character, pick one of these questions to answer.)
* An innocent blithely entered the province of Ardenne one day and never came out. Who are they, and how do you know them? (answered by Blennid Heath, halfling druid)
* Your search for an item of great power has led you to Ardenne. What is it, and why do you want it so badly? (answered by Astrafel, elven bard)
* Word on the street is that the Count keeps a great treasure in his castle. What is it, and what can you cash it in for? (answered by Lojainne, human paladin and Vladire, human ranger)
* The count's minions roam the countryside with impunity and a light regard for borders. You bear a scar from an encounter with them - what is it, and how did you get it? (answered by Severik, elven fighter)
* Your employer sent word on that they were going to the Count's castle. Who are they, and what hold do they have on you that waiting for them to leave isn't an option? (answered by Quarol, human thief)