As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the bad joke thread

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Two catholic priests are driving down the road together one day when they get pulled over. They stop the car at the side of the road and wait patiently for the cop, who eventually gets out of his car and walks over to the peiest's car.

The priest in the driver's seat rolls down the window and says, "Problem, officer?"

"Sorry to bother you, Father, but we're trying to find two child molesters," the cop replies.
    The driver says, "Just a moment officer," and leans over to speak to the priest in the passenger seat. They whisper back and forth for a moment before the driver leans back, looks at the cop and says, "Okay, we'll do it."

I am stealing this and you can't stop me.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I measure my bourbon in hands

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Two catholic priests are driving down the road together one day when they get pulled over. They stop the car at the side of the road and wait patiently for the cop, who eventually gets out of his car and walks over to the peiest's car.

The priest in the driver's seat rolls down the window and says, "Problem, officer?"

"Sorry to bother you, Father, but we're trying to find two child molesters," the cop replies.
    The driver says, "Just a moment officer," and leans over to speak to the priest in the passenger seat. They whisper back and forth for a moment before the driver leans back, looks at the cop and says, "Okay, we'll do it."

Yeah I saw that one on Reddit earlier too.

B)

forumsig.png
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    e: you know the difference between a fighter pilot and God?

God'll admit he's not a fighter pilot

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    What did the bald man say upon receiving a comb for his birthday?

'Thanks, I'll never part with it!'

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    :-|

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya, to reiterate the "Fuck you asshole" in regards to that joke, was meant as praise , in the way only those jokes can receive that!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I probably wouldn't have said this 6 months ago, but I think we should avoid jokes about child molestation. They are rape jokes, after all.

And I don't think reinforcing negative stereotypes about Jews is a good idea either.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Okay maybe this belongs here?

JmFtsRa.jpg

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    My brother's off hunting an Algonquian demon.

Wendigo?

Last month.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular

Wendigo?

Last month.

give me your badge and your gun, you're off this joke

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    You know those Russian nesting dolls, matryoshka dolls?

I've never liked those.

They're just so full of themselves, you know?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

Wendigo?

Last month.

Dean's been gone for a month? Must've got in trouble. Grab your gun, Sammy, we've got a rescue mission.

edit: I should state, I did not mean to sound like a massive asshole in this other post here:
    darleysam wrote: »

Yeah I saw that one on Reddit earlier too.

B)

Sorry.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I guess I dined a few too many times at the local Chinese buffet.

They're changing to a Vietnamese restaurant, and here's their new name.
    image-1.jpg

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    theres a viet joint down the road from me named Bich Nga

and I always feel super bad anglicizing it in my head

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

That has to be on purpose, right?

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »

doubtful

theres a fairly sizable viet immigrant population here

• Options
    Some wounded soldiers are incoming, according to Radar.

Oh, really?

No, O'Reilly.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

doubtful

Because my brain is obviously mispronouncing that, can you tell my how it's supposed to be pronounced, Pip?

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i feel like since nguyen is closer to "win" than "nehgooyen" it's something like "wah"?

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    i feel like since nguyen is closer to "win" than "nehgooyen" it's something like "wah"?

yeah, pretty much

at least as far as my incredibly limited knowledge of viet

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    First time I encountered that last name in the Navy,

"You got a LOT of silent letters in there...."

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

That's only sometimes accurate. Nguyen has a loooot of different pronunciations, even within the same country of origin.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I've always wondered, with names like Nguyen which come from non-European cultures, why don't they spell the names phonetically when they are transcribed into the Roman alphabet?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I believe the "Ng" part is there to tell you to put a nasal tone on the "uy" part

It is supposed to represent a transcription of the proper sound. Most westerners don't read it that way though

The Chinese -> English thing of X = sh and Q = ch is more because whoever came up with that wanted the written words to look more foreign and it kinda stuck

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

doubtful

I'm not sure where you live but I have definitely heard people of several Asian immigrant groups throw around terms like that.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

Oh, really?

No, O'Reilly.

Did you just make a goddamned MASH joke?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

Oh, really?

No, O'Reilly.

What's the matter? Do you prefer your potatoes twice-baked?

• Options

Oh, really?

No, O'Reilly.

sYtkJ.jpg

When will the killing end...

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular

Oh, really?

No, O'Reilly.

sYtkJ.jpg

When will the killing end...

This isn't a war, it's a moidah.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This was in the New Yorker

So a guy walks into a bar one day and he can’t believe his eyes. There, in the corner, there’s this one-foot-tall man, in a little tuxedo, playing a tiny grand piano.

So the guy asks the bartender, “Where’d he come from?”

And the bartender’s, like, “There’s a genie in the men’s room who grants wishes.”

So the guy runs into the men’s room and, sure enough, there’s this genie. And the genie’s, like, “Your wish is my command.” So the guy’s, like, “O.K., I wish for world peace.” And there’s this big cloud of smoke—and then the room fills up with geese.

So the guy walks out of the men’s room and he’s, like, “Hey, bartender, I think your genie might be hard of hearing.”

And the bartender’s, like, “No kidding. You think I wished for a twelve-inch pianist?”
    So the guy processes this. And he’s, like, “Does that mean you wished for a twelve-inch penis?”

And the bartender’s, like, “Yeah. Why, what did you wish for?”

And the guy’s, like, “World peace.”

So the bartender is understandably ashamed.

And the guy orders a beer, like everything is normal, but it’s obvious that something has changed between him and the bartender.

And the bartender’s, like, “I feel like I should explain myself further.”

And the guy’s, like, “You don’t have to.”

But the bartender continues, in a hushed tone. And he’s, like, “I have what’s known as penile dysmorphic disorder. Basically, what that means is I fixate on my size. It’s not that I’m small down there. I’m actually within the normal range. Whenever I see it, though, I feel inadequate.”

And the guy feels sorry for him. So he’s, like, “Where do you think that comes from?”

And the bartender’s, like, “I don’t know. My dad and I had a tense relationship. He used to cheat on my mom, and I knew it was going on, but I didn’t tell her. I think it’s wrapped up in that somehow.”

And the guy’s, like, “Have you ever seen anyone about this?”

And the bartender’s, like, “Oh, yeah, I started seeing a therapist four years ago. But she says we’ve barely scratched the surface.”

So, at around this point, the twelve-inch pianist finishes up his sonata. And he walks over to the bar and climbs onto one of the stools. And he’s, like, “Listen, I couldn’t help but overhear the end of your conversation. I never told anyone this before, but my dad and I didn’t speak the last ten years of his life.”

And the bartender’s, like, “Tell me more about that.” And he pours the pianist a tiny glass of whiskey.

And the twelve-inch pianist is, like, “He was a total monster. Beat us all. Told me once I was an accident.”

And the bartender’s, like, “That’s horrible.”

And the twelve-inch pianist shrugs. And he’s, like, “You know what? I’m over it. He always said I wouldn’t amount to anything, because of my height? Well, now look at me. I’m a professional musician!”

And the pianist starts to laugh, but it’s a forced kind of laughter, and you can see the pain behind it. And then he’s, like, “When he was in the hospital, he had one of the nurses call me. I was going to go see him. Bought a plane ticket and everything. But before I could make it back to Tampa . . .”

And then he starts to cry. And he’s, like, “I just wish I’d had a chance to say goodbye to my old man.”

And all of a sudden there’s this big cloud of smoke—and a beat-up Plymouth Voyager appears!

And the pianist is, like, “I said ‘old man,’ not ‘old van’!”

And everybody laughs. And the pianist is, like, “Your genie’s hard of hearing.”

And the bartender says, “No kidding. You think I wished for a twelve-inch pianist?”

And as soon as the words leave his lips he regrets them. Because the pianist is, like, “Oh, my God. You didn’t really want me.”

And the bartender’s, like, “No, it’s not like that.” You know, trying to backpedal.

And the pianist smiles ruefully and says, “Once an accident, always an accident.” And he drinks all of his whiskey.

And the bartender’s, like, “Brian, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that.”

And the pianist smashes his whiskey glass against the wall and says, “Well, I didn’t mean that.”

And the bartender’s, like, “Whoa, calm down.”

And the pianist is, like, “Fuck you!” And he’s really drunk, because he’s only one foot tall and so his tolerance for alcohol is extremely low. And he’s, like, “Fuck you, asshole! Fuck you!”

And he starts throwing punches, but he’s too small to do any real damage, and eventually he just collapses in the bartender’s arms.

And suddenly he has this revelation. And he’s, like, “My God, I’m just like him. I’m just like him.” And he starts weeping.

And the bartender’s, like, “No, you’re not. You’re better than he was.”

And the pianist is, like, “That’s not true. I’m worthless!”

And the bartender grabs the pianist by the shoulders and says, “Damn it, Brian, listen to me! My life was hell before you entered it. Now I look forward to every day. You’re so talented and kind and you light up this whole bar. Hell, you light up my whole life. If I had a second wish, you know what it would be? It would be for you to realize how beautiful you are.”

And the bartender kisses the pianist on the lips.

So the guy, who’s been watching all this, is surprised, because he didn’t know the bartender was gay. It doesn’t bother him; it just catches him off guard, you know? So he goes to the bathroom, to give them a little privacy. And there’s the genie.

So the guy’s, like, “Hey, genie, you need to get your ears fixed.”

And the genie’s, like, “Who says they’re broken?” And he opens the door, revealing the happy couple, who are kissing and gaining strength from each other.

And the guy’s, like, “Well done.”

And then the genie says, “That bartender’s tiny penis is going to seem huge from the perspective of his one-foot-tall boyfriend.”

And the graphic nature of the comment kind of kills the moment.

And the genie’s, like, “I’m sorry. I should’ve left that part unsaid. I always do that. I take things too far.”

And the guy’s, like, “Don’t worry about it. Let’s just grab a beer. It’s on me.”

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    This is the bad joke thread, GG

Get that shit out of here

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    But where did the geese go, and how did they contribute to world peace? Geese are arseholes.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    But where did the geese go, and how did they contribute to world peace? Geese are arseholes.
    It's like Ozymandias' gambit in Watchmen, you know, unite the world against a greater evil.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I remember when seeing the Watchmen film, it gets to the end, where they're talking about how everyone's freaked out about Doc Manhattan apparently
    going renegade and blowing up cities and shit, and how the world governments are sorting their shit out of fear, and one of them is like "But he's not really here anymore, he can't watch what's going on."

"Yeah, but the important thing is that they THINK he's watching them."

And I couldn't help myself, and mock whispered to my buddy, "I THINK THEY"RE TALKING ABOUT JESUS"

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I remember when seeing the Watchmen film, it gets to the end, where they're talking about how everyone's freaked out about Doc Manhattan apparently
    going renegade and blowing up cities and shit, and how the world governments are sorting their shit out of fear, and one of them is like "But he's not really here anymore, he can't watch what's going on."

"Yeah, but the important thing is that they THINK he's watching them."

And I couldn't help myself, and mock whispered to my buddy, "I THINK THEY"RE TALKING ABOUT JESUS"

Not like Ozymandias didn't still have a super weapon that could strike anything on the planet with impunity.

At least with psychic squid ending it was more of a one shot deal.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

One of the guys on my AAV crew was Vietnamese; his parents came over right around the fall of Saigon and they didn't know much English so they named him the only American name they knew other than 'Joe.'
    Victor Charles.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

One of the guys on my AAV crew was Vietnamese; his parents came over right around the fall of Saigon and they didn't know much English so they named him the only American name they knew other than 'Joe.'
    Victor Charles.

Holy shit!

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Stolen from The Daily Mash:

I consider myself a pragmatist. In fact, I fucking hate pragmats.

I think I’ve managed to cure my premature ejaculation, but for a while there it was touch and go.

Did you know: due to the proliferation of Kenny Loggins in the 80s, Kenny forests have all but died out in the US.

On Monday I attending my first class in binary, ‘Binary 101'. Turned out I missed the first four lessons.

Yesterday I had a urine test for LSD. I passed with flying colours.

I heard someone on the bus call me an egomaniac. They didn't mention me by name, but I knew it was me they were talking about.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Did you know: due to the proliferation of Kenny Loggins in the 80s, Kenny forests have all but died out in the US.

The premature ejaculation joke is fantastic, but this Loggins joke is in the

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3D7Y_ycSms

This discussion has been closed.