As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the bad joke thread

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Not bad, and well chosen as tonight is Burns Night :+1:

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    When the author of Harry Potter writes a facetious tweet, she signs it "j/k LOLing"

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I'm going to sue her for plagiarism.

.. this joke has a lot of levels.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    I'm going to sue her for plagiarism.

.. this joke has a lot of levels.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    January 26
    Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other:
    "Does this taste funny to you?"

• Options
    Proof that I'm not making this all up wholesale. Also the laughing mouth is a little terrifying given the "joke" of this day.
    ilYGGXd.jpg

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    January 26

Q: What does a cannibal call a clown?

A: Happy Meal.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    January 26

Q: What does a cannibal call a clown?

A: Happy Meal.
    There are never any leftovers when cannibals eat silent french street performers.
    Because a mime is a terrible thing to waste.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    That calendar should be submitted to the SCP foundation for that picture alone.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    That calendar should be submitted to the SCP foundation for that picture alone.

Something about taking over the reader's mind as they read more? If they read for long enough it commands them to [REDACTED]?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yvan eht nioj?

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Ooooh, have it work only when it's worked through, page by page. Just flipping ahead does nothing.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to think that this calendar is part of an elaborate plot by the Joker.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that this calendar is part of an elaborate plot by the Joker.

And April 1st is dosed with Smilex.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    "If Linkin Park plays in the forest and no one is around to hear it, in the end, does it even matter?"

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    If Linkin Park plays, and no one is around to hear it, isn't that just simply called a Linkin Park concert?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Hey I like Linkin Park.

That's not even a joke, their first major album hit at a good time for me and was basically everything I wanted and needed in music at the time.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Linkin Park sounds like high school to me. I don't think I'd actually attend a Linkin Park concert (maybe if it was free), but I can't hate them.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Linkin Park sounds like high school to me. I don't think I'd actually attend a Linkin Park concert (maybe if it was free), but I can't hate them.

Basically same, just college years (not that I actually went to college, but yeah)

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Did you hear about the little person who pretends to be a psychic and stabs his customers once they're alone?
    He's a small medium at large.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Did I ever tell you about the unexpected visit I had from a guy who suffers from premature ejaculation?
    He just came out of nowhere.

• Options
    Did you hear about the new corduroy pillows?
    They're making headlines everywhere.

• Options
    What did Jay-Z call his girlfriend before they got married?
    Feyoncé.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What did Jay-Z call his girlfriend before they got married?
    Feyoncé.

That is one of the better running 30 Rock jokes. I think my favorite is, "Hey, that's like the remake of 'An Affair to Remember' I was in. 'A Blafair to Rememblack.'"

• Options
    Helios127Helios127 Registered User regular
    Me!

... wait...

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I just went to an amazingly emotional wedding.

Even the cake was in tiers.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    I can't remember if I posted this before and I'm not searching to see if I did.

Who is Fred Durst's favorite actor?
    Josh Brolin Brolin Brolin Brolin

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Oh Durst

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I know I be lovin' that shit right there.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    And I guess it would be obvious who his favorite character on Legend of Korra is.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Korrasami?

• Options
    January 27
    Q: Why do people who throw away feather pillows get depressed?
    A: Their down is in the dumps.

• Options
    Poor guy must be surrounded by pillows...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    Poor guy must be surrounded by pillows...

I imagine his entire room is padded.

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    A Mafia Godfather finds out that his bookkeeper, Guido, has cheated him out of $10,000,000.00.

His bookkeeper is deaf. That was the reason he got the job in the first place. It was assumed that Guido would hear nothing and would therefore never have to testify in court.

When the Godfather goes to confront Guido about the missing $10 million, he takes along his lawyer, who knows sign language. The Godfather tells the lawyer, "Ask him where the money is."

The lawyer, using sign language, asks Guido, Where's the money?

Guido signs back, "I don't know what you are talking about." The lawyer tells the Godfather, "He says he doesn't know what you are
    talking about."

The Godfather pulls out a pistol, puts it to Guido's head and says,
    "Ask him again or I'll kill him!"

The lawyer signs to Guido, "He'll kill you if you don't tell him."

Guido trembles and signs back, "OK! You win! The money is in a brown briefcase, buried behind the shed at my cousin Bruno's house.."

The Godfather asks the lawyer, "What did he say?"

The lawyer replies, "He says you don't have the balls to pull the trigger."

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    A priest, a doctor, and an engineer found themselves transported in time and space to Paris in the winter of 1794. Quickly realizing they were trapped in the middle of the Terror, they did their best to blend in and avoid the wrath of the political factions vying for control of the Revolution. Unfortunately one of the group being a holy man drew the attention of Robespierre and, upon his refusal to swear loyalty to France above all else, all three were sentenced to execution by guillotine.

Their last day dawned and, amid a rabid crowd of Jacobins, the executioner brought forward the priest. "Citizen," he said, "your final choice: you may be placed in the guillotine face down, or face up. Which do you choose?" The priest replied, "face up, that I might look upon Him as my last act." The priest was placed into the guillotine, and the blade dropped...and stopped not an inch before beheading the priest. The crowd roared in approval, and the executioner cried, "why it is sign from God! This Citizen shall be spared!" The priest was released and set free.

Next the executioner brought forward the doctor. "Citizen, your final choice: face down, or face up?" The doctor, calling upon her medical training replied, "face up, for I shall see for myself how long a head may remain conscious after decapitation." She was placed in the guillotine, and the blade dropped...and stopped not an inch early. "Another sign," the executioner exclaimed. "This Citizen shall also be spared!" The doctor was released and set free.

Finally the executioner brought forward the engineer. The same choice was offered, and the engineer chose face up. After all, it had worked twice already. The engineer was placed into the guillotine and the blade dropped...and stopped in the same place as before. "Alright," the engineer said, "I think I see the problem now."

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    The bizarre setup to that joke is worth it.

• Options
    January 28
    Cannibals like to meat people.

Another cannibal joke. That's ok I guess.

• Options
    A priest, a doctor, and an engineer found themselves transported in time and space to Paris in the winter of 1794. Quickly realizing they were trapped in the middle of the Terror, they did their best to blend in and avoid the wrath of the political factions vying for control of the Revolution. Unfortunately one of the group being a holy man drew the attention of Robespierre and, upon his refusal to swear loyalty to France above all else, all three were sentenced to execution by guillotine.

Their last day dawned and, amid a rabid crowd of Jacobins, the executioner brought forward the priest. "Citizen," he said, "your final choice: you may be placed in the guillotine face down, or face up. Which do you choose?" The priest replied, "face up, that I might look upon Him as my last act." The priest was placed into the guillotine, and the blade dropped...and stopped not an inch before beheading the priest. The crowd roared in approval, and the executioner cried, "why it is sign from God! This Citizen shall be spared!" The priest was released and set free.

Next the executioner brought forward the doctor. "Citizen, your final choice: face down, or face up?" The doctor, calling upon her medical training replied, "face up, for I shall see for myself how long a head may remain conscious after decapitation." She was placed in the guillotine, and the blade dropped...and stopped not an inch early. "Another sign," the executioner exclaimed. "This Citizen shall also be spared!" The doctor was released and set free.

Finally the executioner brought forward the engineer. The same choice was offered, and the engineer chose face up. After all, it had worked twice already. The engineer was placed into the guillotine and the blade dropped...and stopped in the same place as before. "Alright," the engineer said, "I think I see the problem now."

Heard that as "you know, you put a little grease in the grooves..."

newSig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.