As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Our [chat] Is Up

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Would someone who doesn't like superhero stuff still like AA and AC?

I don't know, do you like kicking and punching? Are you a fan of kickpunching?

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Things Sir Landshark could do if he had more time:

Custom Jewelry.
    Custom Perfume.
    Glamour Shoot.
    Renting out a movie theater to watch a romantic movie together.
    Making a 'romantic' movie (kidding, those never turn out as well as you'd hope)

by 'romantic movie'

do you mean 'home sex tape'

Yes but with more making out and "mood" lighting.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Are you showing her that she's the most important thing to you at the end of a sweet skateboard trick or at the landing ramp for a motorcycle jump?

Wait, you tell people they're important to you without doing a skateboard trick first?

Ronaldo

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Gooey wrote: »
    typing "cool romantic gift ideas" into google

all the top choices are articles like, 10 cheap romantic gift ideas

and im all, I DONT WANT CHEAP I WANT EXPENSIVE MY WIFE HAS BEEN THROUGH HELL THIS YEAR

but no one wants to write that article i guess

how long ago did you guys meet?

um 11 years ago now

hmm

well i was thinking if you had access to a picture of you two right when you first started dating that would be a romantic gift that is also really, really good

like, give your lady a picture of you two when you were younger and one now in a double frame

that'd be pretty boss i think

she did that for us last xmas

WEVE BEEN TOGETHER TOO LONG IM ALL OUT OF IDEAS

oh snap, what if i get a new wife? boom problem solved! i can do all my gifts from the last 11 years all over again!

this solution... so elegant... cutting the gordian knot

desc wrote: »
    Are you showing her that she's the most important thing to you at the end of a sweet skateboard trick or at the landing ramp for a motorcycle jump?

Wait, you tell people they're important to you without doing a skateboard trick first?

Ronaldo

I had to put up my skateboard after the accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqBTMNg98Q

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    typing "cool romantic gift ideas" into google

all the top choices are articles like, 10 cheap romantic gift ideas

and im all, I DONT WANT CHEAP I WANT EXPENSIVE MY WIFE HAS BEEN THROUGH HELL THIS YEAR

but no one wants to write that article i guess

how long ago did you guys meet?

um 11 years ago now

hmm

well i was thinking if you had access to a picture of you two right when you first started dating that would be a romantic gift that is also really, really good

like, give your lady a picture of you two when you were younger and one now in a double frame

that'd be pretty boss i think

she did that for us last xmas

WEVE BEEN TOGETHER TOO LONG IM ALL OUT OF IDEAS

oh snap, what if i get a new wife? boom problem solved! i can do all my gifts from the last 11 years all over again!

this solution... so elegant... cutting the gordian knot

If his wife is from Northeast England, he could cut the geordian knot.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I just noticed I broke 6k posts!

• JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Uh oh. I think my friends are doing something veryyy stupid.

They mix anti depression pills and alcohol. Mixing any kind of pill and alcohol is rarely a good idea isnt't it?

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    why does that guy early in the op comic look like there's ketchup coming out of his mouth

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    why does that guy early in the op comic look like there's ketchup coming out of his mouth

I'm sure there is some metaphor going on there I'm also sure I am not smart enough to figure it out.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    He's dead Jim.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Thoma

How did you become [chat]'s dad?

And why are you so good at it?

Thom is elite pro ladyfriend gift giver romance master.

I have 15000+ posts.

And none of them worth a damn.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

He's sick and coughing up blood dying and such.

Somehow it turned out that he was one of the kids in the "reform school" that the central character Dane (the blonde guy) was rescued from at the very beginning of the saga.

(The reform school lobotomized and castrated boys)

Jean wrote: »

They mix anti depression pills and alcohol. Mixing any kind of pill and alcohol is rarely a good idea isnt't it?

Not really no. It may not do anything lethal but it certainly won't do anything good.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Eddy wrote: »
    Would someone who doesn't like superhero stuff still like AA and AC?

I don't know, do you like kicking and punching? Are you a fan of kickpunching?

Eeeeehhhhh. Just gonna watch some vids, read some reviews.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    The snow is coming through mag shoes. So cold.

Um while it isn't recommended that you drink alcohol and take anti-depressants it isn't the end of the world just gotta watch for abnormal reactions and such.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    "Mr. AMFE, we have in our records that you applied for a part-time position but you have not completed the online assessment. Please log in and do so so that we may evaluate your application."

*Logs in.

*Looks for evaluation to complete.

*Evaluation does not exist.

hatetodeath.png

Lh96QHG.png
    i basically laugh at everything roger does. brilliantly evocative art, and a very talented voice actor.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor

Is it the end of the world yet?

Ask me after my all you can eat all you can drink party tonight.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    "Mr. AMFE, we have in our records that you applied for a part-time position but you have not completed the online assessment. Please log in and do so so that we may evaluate your application."

*Logs in.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb81/Tamachan87/hatetodeath.png

Maybe it's a test. Maybe they're testing your proactivity and outside the box thinking?

Write your own evaluation test, upload it to their website, then complete it!

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

I don't think you're supposed to but I've never known anyone on anti-depression meds that turned teetotal while they were on them.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Thomamelas so it looks like my timing belt might be shot. What should I be expecting to spend to get that taken care of, do you think?

$300 or so depending on local labor costs. Timing belts are cheap and it should be like three hours of labor tops. Unless you have a car with a fucked up design.

rad, okay

rRwz9.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

*Logs in.

Maybe it's a test. Maybe they're testing your proactivity and outside the box thinking?

I vaguely remember taking a "can you do basic math and can you read" test when I applied. But I've also applied to about a hundred different jobs in the last month so who knows.

I'm going to call the local branch tomorrow and see if they can tell me what's what.

Lh96QHG.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    RGriR.png

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

*Logs in.

I vaguely remember taking a "can you do basic math and can you read" test when I applied. But I've also applied to about a hundred different jobs in the last month so who knows.

I'm going to call the local branch tomorrow and see if they can tell me what's what.

It's probably just in some obscure URL.

Good luck though, especially since it's around Christmas.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Kagera wrote: »

I'm sure there is some metaphor going on there I'm also sure I am not smart enough to figure it out.

not really, it's just the last four pages of a thousand-something page story presented by me entirely without context

rRwz9.gif
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    So it's not such a big deal eh? Glad to hear it, they sure don't need more problems right now!

Stupid love. Being heartbroken can get the strongest of us down on our knees.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I just got a present from the instructor of the [hell] class that I taught!

It is a framed print of a painting that has a kitten playing with a stag beetle
    tumblr_mfcr73WFOl1qaninqo1_500.jpg

*Logs in.

It's probably just in some obscure URL.

Good luck though, especially since it's around Christmas.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

The email had very simple instructions, they just suffered from the fact that they led me nowhere.

Lh96QHG.png

not really, it's just the last four pages of a thousand-something page story presented by me entirely without context
    Horrible.

• KEBKEB Registered User regular
    So it's not such a big deal eh? Glad to hear it, they sure don't need more problems right now!

Stupid love. Being heartbroken can get the strongest of us down on our knees.

Ya for most people it's fine :) They can be a little more susceptible to getting blackout drunk (because uppers + downers can = blood pressure fun!), but for 99% of people it's not a big deal. Just ya, don't overdo it on the booze

Right I'm off for my last night of sleep on this earth, night [chat]. May your deaths be quick and painless.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Dane meeting him again at the end does present a "full circle" moment. This works into the larger idea of the end of the world not being a literal Mayan-style End of the World™

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Big time.

Best song.

It's about his wiener.

Hmm.

534649_3773806434622_2040799682_n.jpg

my handsome nephew dexter is apparently having some problems? :(

1) they think he is autistic because he's 16 months and doesn't really say anything, kind of growls aggressively and mutters incoherently; ragey baby in general, especially to strangers. he's supposed to go get some tests done.

2) he's incredibly underweight, only ~15 lbs at 16 months. apparently this is like, 1% low i guess.

MY NEPHEW BETTER BE OK

OR I WILL POOP ON THINGS

This discussion has been closed.