As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | Bravo! Encore! Encore!

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So what hidden gems should I be looking at grabbing?

Looking for stuff that won't go on sale on the front page but that is already heavily discounted.

Unfiltered, huge list of non-front page sales

Ah I don't have to write up my huge ass list someone's done it for me.

Also congrats to @lugnutusa for winning my Ignite giveaway.

SkutSkut on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    I feel like less of a man for not playing Dark Souls.

I played the first part of the first level of its predecessor, Demons' Souls, and just wasn't feeling it. Pretty sure I'd feel the same way about Dark Souls.

Don;t get me wrong, I'm glad the games exist and I probably would have loved them a few years ago. Maybe I'll enjoy it in a few years.

• President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Wait a second, there are people that don't own Recettear yet?

*checks wallet balance*

How many people we talking here?

It is pretty fun, as long as you don't let the occasionally buggy dungeon crawling get to you.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So how are Fairie Solitaire and Wanderlust?

Couscous on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Some extra Steam keys. Please let me know if you redeem them.

Cave Story+ AQ7IB-HINV3-X5TXQ
    Basement Collection 9Y854-5K5LI-5YZ6F
    Metro 2033 05J3P-50RFZ-AJMJ9

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    I feel like less of a man for not playing Dark Souls.

I played the first part of the first level of its predecessor, Demons' Souls, and just wasn't feeling it. Pretty sure I'd feel the same way about Dark Souls.

Don;t get me wrong, I'm glad the games exist and I probably would have loved them a few years ago. Maybe I'll enjoy it in a few years.

Dark Souls grabbed me where Demons' Souls never did. Just my 2 cents.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Alpha Protocol for $2.62 over at GMG after coupon. Pretty sure I remember reading some mixed comments on the game but at that price I'm much too weak.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • FredZ89FredZ89 Huehuehueh Registered User regular
    Congratulations to @ToyD, won The Basement Collection and @JRosey, won Cave Story+. :)

Currently Playing: MH4U
    My Steam profile
    3DS: 1435-3951-4785
  • kalkal Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Alpha Protocol for $2.62 over at GMG after coupon. Pretty sure I remember reading some mixed comments on the game but at that price I'm much too weak.

That sir is a steal for AP. Game play wise it isn't great (stealth/handguns=win) but story wise it's absolutely amazing and the replay-ability is ridiculous.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @kilnaga was nice enough to send me a gift faster than 299,792,458 m/s! Thank you for the nice surprise!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

People should buy Alpha Protocol.

steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Whoops! Looks like instead of a new flash sale, we lost the Winter Sale interface entirely! I'm sure that'll get fixed if it hasn't already by the time I hit post.

• CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    LOL that vote!

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    When suddenly, out of the wild stillness, free verse ultra violence:
    HVCtg.jpg

Thanks, @Man of the waves! Caught me completely offguard (were you wearing an animal mask?); clearly the best use of the Ker Blam sign off yet logged.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Doesn't have nearly enough "WHUMP"s, "WHUD"s, and "It's on the house, man!"

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »

Thanks @Corpekata!

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Drake wrote: »
    Quick tip to anyone who buys Fortune Summoners and uses a multi-monitor setup. You have to disable your other monitors or else you will suffer a massive memory leak while playing the game.

Other than that it's a pretty fun game and of course the localization is aces.

Damn so that's what it was, I've been desperately trying to figure out why the demo started lagging out so much before I go to bed/fall unconscious.

Thanks man, demo was great apart from the lag would be a shame to miss it.

*Hits purchase button

Road Block on
    Doesn't have nearly enough "WHUMP"s, "WHUD"s, and "It's on the house, man!"

At first glance I thought that said not enough CHUDs and I was like "but how many is enough?"

s7Imn5J.png
  • positivepositive Registered User new member
    Ryadic wrote: »

Thanks @Corpekata!

Thanks from me too!

• BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    Short cumulative thank you post since I may not be around my PCs much today.

Steam names since I can never keep Steam and forum names straight, but many thanks nonetheless for your outstanding classiness and overall awesomeness.

Chocobolicious for Fortune Summoners
    A Final Kiss On Poisonous Cheeks (Schrodinger's Cat) for AVSEQ
    Drake for Thirty Flights of Loving
    Gear for Half Minute Hero
    Ante for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

I would write much much more but I have a pregnant woman practically leveling a shotgun at me while filled with those crazy hormones. Thank you all for you classiness and I'm starting my next list up soon I do think, for potential warmer weather targets and in celebration of Hulababy's birth. You've been warned.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Damn, Farming or Train Simulator? A tough choice indeed.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Anyone wanna come together for a Chivalry 4 pack?

It's works out about a third cheaper if someone from the US buys it and I send em the money or something of equal value.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    That basement collection is neat, if you've picked up a humble bundle have a look at it, and watch Indie Game: The movie first.

• TubeTube Registered User admin

Is that the money they're paying you to take it off their hands?

Because it isn't enough.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Farming Simulator 2013 OR Train Simulator 2013 OR A-10C Warthog

In the past, I had suspected that these Steam sales might actually be covers for bizarre large scale physiological experiments.

Now I'm certain.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular

Grabbed it! Happy New Year to you!

Also, when did this become a thing?

xoSpr.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Lord Jezo wrote: »

Grabbed it! Happy New Year to you!

Also, when did this become a thing?

xoSpr.jpg

It's been an open secret for a month or two now. Maybe they finally pushed it out of beta.

Tamin on
  • JomangorJomangor Meiningen, DeutschlandRegistered User regular
    Howdy folks. Any chance I can get an invite to the Steam group? Or is it better if I wait until after the hullabaloo of the winter sale and ask then?

steam_sig.png
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    In the past, I had suspected that these Steam sales might actually be covers for bizarre large scale physiological experiments.

Now I'm certain.

*Cough*

s7Imn5J.png
  • KaruwenKaruwen Registered User regular
    So, are the X games actually good?

I enjoy space sims, but never hear anything particular about them, good or bad.

Steam, Xbox Live & PSN : Karuwen
    Karuwen wrote: »
    So, are the X games actually good?

I enjoy space sims, but never hear anything particular about them, good or bad.

I'd make a case that X3 is better than Terran Conflict, despite the latter having some good gameplay tweaks. They're good. They're not very accessible, they're grindy timesinks and they have awful interfaces; but there's no denying that I played them for a very long time and had a lot of fun with them.

Terran Conflict had the problem that they solved about two of the problems with the original, added a bunch of new ships that had no purpose and made all the time sink elements about six times longer.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Thank you @Hieric for Y's, now that you have filled out a goddamn wishlist I can come back and shame you with gifts!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    L.A. Noire is now a thing that I own thanks to the very classy @Heatwave!

steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    big thanks to @sumanai for Chnetelise in retaliation fr my FtL across the bow

camo_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Streaming Stealth Bastard Deluxe for a bit.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Tube wrote: »

Is that the money they're paying you to take it off their hands?

Because it isn't enough.

Tube is clearly delusional from some sort of holiday induced mania.

Because Alpha Protocol is the premiere throat punching simulator and at less than 3 dollars theres no excuse not to own it

Buttcleft on
    It is possibly the worst game I've ever played.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Yeah Alpha Protocol comes with only 2 real caveats (now that the patches have fixed the worst bugs):
    The fighting is statbased so only use guns you're good with, and aim slowly and steadily, from cover and crouching if you actually want to hit something.
    Not all weapons are created equal, and strangely pistols / hand to hand are among the strongest. (Pistols because they can freeze time for headshots, which also means you can use it for sleep darts)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    It is possibly the worst game I've ever played.

Worse than Hitman 2?

steam_sig.png
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Hey, vote for a game for me to LP starting in 2013. Last weekend, I'm closing the poll as soon as 2013 starts PST.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
This discussion has been closed.