As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon's Dogma: "You shall not cast!"

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Oh my fucking god that ending.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    you know, on reflection the ending to dragon's dogma isn't that weird, just kind of an unexpected turn.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    It's amazing.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Should really just beat the dragon and see the fending

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    you know, on reflection the ending to dragon's dogma isn't that weird, just kind of an unexpected turn.

It is a thing where if you told me that they were trying to do some deep metaphysical commentary I would believe you.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Like, Shopenhauer?

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I hope it doesn't look like I'm spamming the board and Geth tasers me. BTW:

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    dark arisen is one of my all-time favorite expansions

It has such a good/addicting gameplay loop

the base game is pretty solid too but not as good, although the story get way craziers

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I hear goblins ill like fire.

Confirm / deny?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Their kind hates ice and fire both.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm so ready to hear pawns talk about the same shit over and over

originally it was genuinely annoying

but somehow it grew on me like crazy

• Options
    Pawns are adorable like stupid puppies. That kill big things.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I can finally play this game. I'm so excited.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    hkicWj4.png

Sorry.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    It's on the boat.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Q) Can you bring back “Into Free –Dangan–” theme song from the original Dragon’s Dogma?
    A) The song was only licensed for the original Dragon’s Dogma on Xbox 360 and PS3 back in 2012. You can still become the Dangan by purchasing the album or single.

Obviously a bummer about the song but I like the cut of this guy's jib.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    hkicWj4.png

Sorry.

WHAT

Lost all interest.

I've already played the game to death and the only thing that interested me was running around as MAtatabi with Baran, my ps3 character, in berserk armor watching him wail on things with his awesome cape flowing in the breeze in 1080p 60fps with no black bars and shit.
    If I can't do that there's no goddam point.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    On the other hand
    Q) While pawns have endearing personality and are great to have them around in my adventures, they’re a bit talkative. Any way to shut them up?
    A) PC version adds a new option that completely silences the Pawns. They will only speak when talked to. To enable this feature, simply go to Options -> Gameplay and set “Pawn Chatter” to OFF.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That doesn't make sense. How else will I know that goblins ill like fire?

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense. How else will I know that goblins ill like fire?

by looking into the cavity where you heart once was and is now used by the dragon to communicate to you telepathically.

the goblins ill liking fire was inside you all along.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    The armor will undoubtedly be added in as mods

god lord i am excited to play this game again, gonna try to do a dragons maw fighter this time instead of a great sword wielding charge up warrior

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I dunno, I don't think I have the mental capacity to remember to beware the harpy's song at the same time i'm trying to think if wolves hunt in packs or not.

• Options
    I dunno, I don't think I have the mental capacity to remember to beware the harpy's song at the same time i'm trying to think if wolves hunt in packs or not.

well, just remember My Arisen Helpful Life Hacks

If it's not originally on fire or made out of fire: use fire. Else use Lightning or dark.

• Options
    My biggest decision right now is what to make my pawn; was primarily ranger before but I'm thinking Mage this time.

I'm assuming we need to get a list of Steam names going for sweet, sweet pawn renting?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Trying to decide if I want to start out as a warrior this time or just do Magic Archer again.

Homing lasers are hard to resist

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Immolation is still one of my favorite MA gimmicks.

• Options
    hopefully my pawn doesn't turn out to be a huge idiot again.

• Options
    Now that I know that changing classes to min-max stat growth perfectly makes basically no difference when put next to the bonuses you get from items, i'm probably just going to stick with Mystic Knight as soon as i'm able. I really love those shield buff spells, it's super satisfying to parry with them and watch everything explode.

• Options
    i still don't understand why mystic knight was the only class that could use maces and such. it was weird.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    On the other hand
    Q) While pawns have endearing personality and are great to have them around in my adventures, they’re a bit talkative. Any way to shut them up?
    A) PC version adds a new option that completely silences the Pawns. They will only speak when talked to. To enable this feature, simply go to Options -> Gameplay and set “Pawn Chatter” to OFF.

Is there a feature to let them talk more instead

Man Dragon's Dogma have so much potential and I am baffled at Capcom's decision to not do anything significant with the IP
    Maybe if this PC release goes really well...

Peas on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    It's such a weird combination of features and gameplay mechanics, as well. A Western-ish rpg made by a Japanese company, with asymmetrical co-op multiplayer, an open world, action combat and monster hunter-like grapple/climbing attacks. There basically aren't any other games that fill its specific niche, which is why this'll be my third time purchasing it.

I forgot also the incredibly butt-rock opening music. RIP.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Well, they are making an mmo. No one seems to be too positive on it, but it exists. sorta.

• Options
    Now that I know that changing classes to min-max stat growth perfectly makes basically no difference when put next to the bonuses you get from items, i'm probably just going to stick with Mystic Knight as soon as i'm able. I really love those shield buff spells, it's super satisfying to parry with them and watch everything explode.

It does make a difference for health and stamina. So Mystic Knight is good.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm super excited about this game finally cominc to PC!

I'm not sure what class I'll end up playing though. Arcane archer is appealing, as is Sorcerer, but I'm worried I'd end up missing out on the action by being at range. How much less "active" do you have to be while playing a ranged character vs in melee?

Vic on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    The hybrid classes are fucking bananas. Mage knight or whatever it's called is ludicrous, just drop for big shooty-magic-ball thing like four times and whack the fuck out of it and WHOOPS EVERYTHING DIED.

Arcane archer is even sillier.

• Options
    Magick Archer's ricochet shot is bananas, especially in Bitterblack Isle. Holy crap, that thing.

• Options
    Magick archer is useless against metal golems though. which is real annoying.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Metal Golems are a pain in the ass in general if you're not a class that uses plain old bows

Pawns never seemed to figure out what to do against them

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Metal golems are uniquely irritating. I guess even pure spellcasters can use their staves to bop the symbol things at least. Magick Archer is the only one that doesn't have any physical damage attacks whatsoever, right?

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Metal golems are uniquely irritating. I guess even pure spellcasters can use their staves to bop the symbol things at least. Magick Archer is the only one that doesn't have any physical damage attacks whatsoever, right?

They get daggers, they have way more physical attacks than mages. Just not ranged ones.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451