As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RSPD boxart, just an idea (large picture)

skitchskitch Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Penny Arcade Games
so the trailer got me all hyped up, so i made this.

0000ec0r.jpg

just playin around, any thoughts?

[edit for hothead junkie's suggestions]

skitch on

• Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You need to make the title smaller so it isn't so close to the edges, the 's' is a little too close to the right hand edge and it looks jarring

EDIT: and it looks like Tycho's hair is connected to the title thanks to that whisp at the top of his hair and the swirl on th title, you might want to fix that.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    PhantomPhantom Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    Hello, long time reader, first time poster.

After seeing the original art (March 9th, 2007) and then the IFS version (March 12, 2007) I think the original is better by far. No offence to the IFS staff but the original is way too bright and no enough "Penny Arcade".

The darker richer colours, especially the glowing red from the FF's appeal to me more. While the IFS version is definitely less gritty & a lot cleaner. The overbright images especially the hair just doesn't do it for me. It does have better muzzle flash thou.

Danny

PS keep up the awesome work.

Phantom on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Make it a PC box instead of Xbox 360. I thought this game was only announced for PC, Mac and Linux.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Along with what Suds said this is a single player game so even if it were on the 360 it probably isn't going to be using Live in any way.

Other than that looks good and I like how you slapped on the Mature 17+ Rating there.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    HitScanHitScan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rehab wrote: »
    Along with what Suds said this is a single player game so even if it were on the 360 it probably isn't going to be using Live in any way.

Other than that looks good and I like how you slapped on the Mature 17+ Rating there.
    Aren't there some single player XBox 360 games that use Live for achievements or something like that?

HitScan on
    Unstable like the isotope that resolves the fate of the theoretical cat in the hypothetical crate.
    Yo momma so fat she got triabetes
  • Options
    ScottieBoyScottieBoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    HitScan wrote: »
    Rehab wrote: »

Aren't there some single player XBox 360 games that use Live for achievements or something like that?

Pretty sure all 360 games are at least Live enabled. Chronicles of Riddick for the Xbox had a Live logo on the box but no multiplayer whatsoever, not even split screen. All it was used for was to connect to Live and let your friends see what you were playing and send you messages. Ah, for shame, multi would have been great for that game.

ScottieBoy on
  • Options
    graphicsgodgraphicsgod Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just got hyped for this game after hearing
    about it on 1-up.com! And saw this thread,
    so I thought about throwing my image into
    the ring. Heres my idea for the PC DVD box
    art for the game :P.

padvdpm1.th.png

The text and images of the game on the
    back, was kinda thrown in there as placeholder
    till I can think of something better. So if you
    got a better idea... Let me know. Any changes
    can be made really quick. Enjoy!

Rob

graphicsgod on
  • Options
    Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I love the review quotes on the front. :)

Good job.

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HitScanHitScan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm just hoping that "they'er" is some kind of JeffK joke.

HitScan on
    Unstable like the isotope that resolves the fate of the theoretical cat in the hypothetical crate.
    Yo momma so fat she got triabetes
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    HitScan wrote: »
    I'm just hoping that "they'er" is some kind of JeffK joke.

Lol, it can be.

No that was a three in the morning grammatical error :(. I replaced the image with the fix.

I found the video at midnight after getting off from work while surfing. Haven't visited the PA site since last year. BTW, there is funny shit thrown in there all over the image. Well... at least to me anyway! What took so long to finish, was that I had to recreate the left side of the front image so that it would wrap over to the side. Would like to extend the right side, but it's just time consuming trying to duplicate what "Gabe" (insert real name here) does.

Thanks for looking!

Rob

graphicsgod on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ok got bored and decided to play around in PS and see what the inside of the DVD case would look like. And here is what I came up with. Let me know what you think.

padvd2mr3.th.png

Also as I was trying to wrap the image to look like a DVD case, I found out that I made another stupid mistake. The side logo was going the wrong way and had to be flipped to work on a DVD case. Doh! So here is the fixed image. Enjoy!

padvdpi8.th.png

I want to thank the PA guys for all their years of hard work and all the enjoyment they have given me when I needed a good laugh.

Rob

graphicsgod on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Damn, that definitely looks nice. Good work Rob.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Nice.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Thanks! Just bored and needed something to do... Makes me wonder how close I'll be when it goes retail, LOL. Also, anything you guys want me to change/add?

Sorry to, skitch, for sorta hijacking your thread. But why waste another post for this sorta thing IMHO :P. BTW, skitch, do some more artwork to keep this thread alive! I don't want to be the only one.

P.S. Keep the comments coming :P!

Peace!

Rob

graphicsgod on
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So they should just ditch whatever they were doing and use that.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i think that it is crazy that those things do not actually exist and yet look so much like they do. You are a photoshop genius. You could probably be at least a 2nd tier super villain with powers like those. Propagando or something

great work

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The back description stuff could be reworked if you really wanted something to do...
    Mention it's episode one, part of a larger story arc. Don't mention 'we' either, those things never have first person POV. Mention cameos from 'your favorite PA characters' and so on.
    ... just a thought.
    Great, stunning work though!

RowdyTheDog on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    The back description stuff could be reworked if you really wanted something to do...
    Mention it's episode one, part of a larger story arc. Don't mention 'we' either, those things never have first person POV. Mention cameos from 'your favorite PA characters' and so on.
    ... just a thought.
    Great, stunning work though!

Ok, good input! Ok what would YOU have it say from start to finish? And I'll put it in there and post it.
    i think that it is crazy that those things do not actually exist and yet look so much like they do. You are a photoshop genius. You could probably be at least a 2nd tier super villain with powers like those. Propagando or something

great work

Thanks!! Nahh it ain't nothin ;)! Been doodling on PC's since the dawn of time. First on the AppleII (put enough colored blocks together and you can have a very crude picture), then Lisa's little paint program, then Windows 3.1's "Paint", then took some classes on Corel and other "art" programs at the time, then my uncle introduced me to Photoshop 3, and I've been in love ever since. Now on PS CS2. My uncle is the "pro" at it. He's been doing it waay before me. The stuff he shows me some times, just blows my mind ;)! Now he just teaches it at a college campus. If you live in the central Florida area, and are going to Full Sail, you might see him. His last name is Levins. Or you can look him up, by looking on the back of some old Duke Nukem games ;).
    Talonrazor wrote: »
    So they should just ditch whatever they were doing and use that.

Is this a compliment or a diss, lol? ...I'll take it as a compliment. Thanks,.. I think.

graphicsgod on