As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bluetooth Audio Options

BucketmanBucketman Call meSkraggRegistered User regular
Hello forum,

I was musing about this in the TV thread, but I feel like it doesn't belong there. I was looking at sound systems and due to the limits on my TV I wound up with a Sony HT-CT 150. Not a bad system overall, but its older and didn't have bluetooth built in, or an ipod dock or anything. Now sony has special adapters for this, but they cost around $200 and thats more then the speaker system. I have 3 HDMI ports, and Digital in/out and AV sound ports on this thing, so I was wondering if there was any kind of adapter I could buy that would fir into one of these and allow for bluetooth signal?

Thanks.

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    Monoprice has a couple Bluetooth music receivers you can try, and you can hook it up to your soundbar with a cable like this; or at least I think you could cause that port on the Bluetooth receiver looks like a standard 3.5mm stereo port. Cannot vouch for these kind of devices, but that's basically the same thing as the Sony adapter except the Sony adapter uses a proprietary DMPort which may give you a bit more functionality (e.g. like the ability to advance to the next track by pushing a button on the soundbar remote or something).

• Options
    PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    I put this in the TV thread, because I don't pay attention, apparently, but here it is:

There are all kinds of options available for dock connector -> HDMI that should work, or that soundbar has RCA in, so you could do Dock Connector -> RCA (RCA being the red/white cables).

You just won't have the wireless bluetooth option, but it's a lot cheaper.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hot damn! Thanks guys, I guess I was just googleing for the wrong things because I was coming up with bupkis

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Logitech makes a Bluetooth receiver that puts out stereo RCA as well. It works decently. It you wanted to go wireless.

(Runs somewhere in the $50 to $100 range)

mcdermott on