As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comedy Bang Bang! My Brother, My Brother and Me! Other Good Podcasts!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    Howard Kremer always comes across as so reserved and kind of guarded when he guests on other shows. Listening to him on CBB with Ku and Gino anyone who doesn't listen to Who Charted? could easily be forgiven for not realising he's possibly the funniest host in the history of podcasting.

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    I feel like it's kind of a recognition that he's got an extremely weird energy that takes some getting used to. Took me a while to enjoy him.

• Options
    It seems like he tries to really reign in his natural offbeatness whenever he's in a guest chair, almost out of some kind of politeness, and it only serves to have him come across as a little stiff. Especially since he has the voice of a man a couple of decades older than he really is.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Do we know how old Kremer is?

I recall hearing from some people that he's actually like in his 40s or something

I still remember the shock from when I learned that Doug Benson is 50

He's older than Marc Maron!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Doug Benson's 80s extra career is pretty funny. The man was in Blade Runner.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

pardon me?

• Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Bucho wrote: »
    Howard Kremer always comes across as so reserved and kind of guarded when he guests on other shows. Listening to him on CBB with Ku and Gino anyone who doesn't listen to Who Charted? could easily be forgiven for not realising he's possibly the funniest host in the history of podcasting.
    That's pretty much spot on.

I always forget he was on this and that show as a guest and then remember how quiet he is when I relisten to it compared to others on the same show. I love Howard tho. Glad I got to see him live out in the east coast

YaYa wrote: »

pardon me?

He was also in Michael Jackson's Captain EO!

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I recall hearing from some people that he's actually like in his 40s or something

according to imdb "Howard Kremer was born in 1971 in Matawan, New Jersey, USA."

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    BEAST! wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

according to imdb "Howard Kremer was born in 1971 in Matawan, New Jersey, USA."

He's always goofily cagey about it on Who Charted? but from the "clues" he's dropped that sounds about right. In photos and video he looks late 30s to me, but when I first heard his voice I assumed he was late 50s or early 60s.

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

pardon me?

also space camp (a personal favorite) and fast times at ridgmont high

i will also say that i was deeply crushed that this week's I4H didn't include the full episode of either live show, because those lineups are fucking stunning. but zach woods' judge line at JFL is a strong contender for GOAT moment on that show.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Jack Black name dropped The Protomen on this week's CBB.

That's a sentence I never thought I would write.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I never thought on a CBB featuring Jack Black, Kyle Gass, Lauren Lapkus, and Joe Wengert that Kyle Gass would be the funniest one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    So a couple weekends back, my mum and I were on a car trip and got around to listening to that episode 190-something of MBMBaM where they ramble about the song "Fancy" for a while

then we ended up dropping by a grocery store a couple days later while stocking me up on college supplies, and as we passed by the condiments she pointed to a wall of Heinz product and chuckled while saying "Fancy, like the ketchup"

I think she liked MBMBaM

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

They actually toured together at one point

If I remember right

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Diarmuid wrote: »

They actually toured together at one point

If I remember right

what

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    So what podcasts do you all listen to? My current list:

Giant Bombcast
    Comedy Bang Bang
    How Did This Get Made
    Flop House
    My Brother My Brother and Me
    Analyze Phish (I've just got a couple more episodes of this one)

Those usually fill up most of my commute time, especially as I slowly work through backlogs.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I started checking out some of the other podcasts on radiotopia today since 99% invisible is pretty much the best

The episode of strangers I listened to was good and so was the love + radio episode, which was a bank robber talking about his story

So those are cool, if you enjoy this American life type of shows

I also remembered this American life exists today

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    The ones I'm subscribed to are everything you just posted, plus
    8-4 Play
    Nerd Poker
    Roll for Your Lives, from this forum's very own Viking Rocketship podcast network
    Sawbones
    The Super Best Friendcast
    The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project
    U Talkin U2 To Me?
    Welcome To Night Vale
    and Wits

but the only things I really listen to on a weekly basis are the bombcast, mbmbam, and cbb, everything else I kind of poke at when the mood strikes me

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Ahhh how could I forget Roll for Your Lives. I really liked the first episode. My favorite from the ones you listed is probably The Andy Daly podcast. I hope it comes back for a second season eventually.

Also general question... Any podcatcher you guys like on Android? I'm using Doubletwist, but am not super attached to it.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I'm using Podcast Republic, I didn't really spend too much time looking at the options on the play store

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I use Pocket Casts, it's the best podcast app I've used on Android.

BeyondPod is good as well, the UI could do with some work though.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I've got a windows phone and it pulls stuff fine other than people just upload stuff late cause why worry about the microsoft store, ya know? bombcasts and idle thumbs both go up usually the day after for me

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Another thumbs up for Pocket Casts here, definitely worth the money.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Session two of roll for your lives tonight

We are going to have ten episodes recorded before we even release the second

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Session two of roll for your lives tonight

We are going to have ten episodes recorded before we even release the second

that's probably actually really good to have a nice back log of to-be-released episodes in case of scheduling conflicts

Huntera on
  • Options
    Hmm I'll check out Pocket Casts. I'll probably wait until I have a new phone (which will hopefully happen soon), as I don't want to have to download it too many times.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Giant Bombcast
    Comedy Bang Bang
    How Did This Get Made
    Flop House

Those usually fill up most of my commute time, especially as I slowly work through backlogs.

Add Bullseye, Radiolab and 99% Invisible to these right now young man.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    My podcast rotations

The Champs
    MBMBaM
    Radiolab
    Sawbones
    Sex Nerd Sandra
    Welcome to Nightvale

• Options
    Never Not Funny is consistently superb. Jimmy Pardo is so funny.

• Options
    My list of stuff I listen to as they release

MBMBAM
    Bomb cast
    Harmontown
    Smartest man in the world
    Comedy bang bang
    Nerd poker
    Attitude era podcast
    X files files
    Getting on with James urbaniak

• Options
    edited August 2014
    My stuff list:

Harmontown
    Who Charted?
    Comedy Bing Bong
    Keith and The Girl
    The Flophouse
    The Ten Minute Podcast
    Jordan Jesse Go
    MBMBaM

I've also heard every ep of The History of Rome, Hardcore History, U Talkin' U2 To Me?, Analyze Phish and Andy Daly's Pilot Podcast Project and check in with Bullseye, 99% Invisible, The Indoor Kids, Never Not Funny and Nerdist every once in a while.

Bucho on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    right now I'm mainly about

The Flop House
    Read It and Weep
    We Hate Movies

(you may be noticing a theme)

• Options
    Oh yeah, We Hate Movies should be in my "check in with" section. Those guys are aces.

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »

Giant Bombcast
    Comedy Bang Bang
    How Did This Get Made
    Flop House

Add Bullseye, Radiolab and 99% Invisible to these right now young man.

Yes sir! I just added them. I'll let you all know what I think after I get a chance to listen.

• Options
    99% invisible is seriously one of the finest radio programs out there

i feel a little guilty not listening to every single one of them but sometimes i just want some laughs when i'm working! laughs!!!!!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Revolutions is a good podcast. Maybe not as unified a theme as the history of rome podcast but still fun.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Man the 99% Invisible where they talk about the design of bank heists

oh jesus so awesome

I'mma listen to it again right now

• Options
    I just listened to the George Takei episode of Bullseye. Yep, this podcast is joining my my list of regulars. Sooo great.

This discussion has been closed.