As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comedy Bang Bang! My Brother, My Brother and Me! Other Good Podcasts!

• Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    I listen to:

WTF with Marc Maron
    Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler
    Giant Bombcast
    Flop House
    Rebel FM
    MBMBAM
    Comedy Button

I need to expand my podcast horizons.

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Mine are

TOFOP/FOFOP-Needs more love here, Wil Anderson is great. At least from my exposure through the podcast.
    Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast
    Nightvale
    Nerdist - less and less so now
    The Bugle - when John Oliver isn't too busy being awesome
    Walking the Room - When Greg Behrendt isn't too busy feeding his family
    The Dollop - I seriously cannot recommend this one enough, I don't have the cachet in this thread for my recommendation to mean much, but serious. The Rube. Just the Rube.
    Doug Loves Movies
    WTF
    Skeptics Guide to The Universe - A venerable and warm and often fun science podcast.
    Cracked Podcast - Jack O'Brien is a genuinely smart dude and so are a lot of the writers on that site.

I'm also making a project of eventually listening through MBMBAM back catalog.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I like

The Bugle
    The Alton Brown Cast
    Decode DC
    The Nerdist Comics Panel
    On Point with Tom Ashbrook
    The Infinite Monkey Cage
    Offbeat Oregon History
    Rachel and Miles Xplain the X-Men
    Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
    The Memory Palace
    Radiolab
    War Rocket Ajax
    The Two Headed Nerd
    Comedy Bang! Bang!

and I'm about 2/3 of the way through History of Rome, which is great

• BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    DHS wrote: »
    Cracked Podcast - Jack O'Brien is a genuinely smart dude and so are a lot of the writers on that site.

I've listened to a few eps but I find it somewhat inconsistent. I agree they're some switched on folks at that site but the podcast swings between riveting and rambling.

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Bucho wrote: »
    DHS wrote: »

I've listened to a few eps but I find it somewhat inconsistent. I agree they're some switched on folks at that site but the podcast swings between riveting and rambling.

It is highly dependent on the subject and guests but when it hits is surprisingly insightful for a dick and fart joke emporium.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    @Rankenphile‌ the Protomen opened for Tenacious D at a show last year
    And I'm pretty sure Jack Black does a backing vocal on the Danger Zone cover they just released

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Holy smokes

8406wWN.png
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    Stop whatever you are doing! New season of Superego starts today. Plus the Superego team is on CBB to probably goof around in silly voices and make things up about characters and stuff.

• cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Is there no MBMBaM this week? I can't find anywhere if it'll be put out tomorrow or what.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Justin and his wife had a baby so their schedule will be wonky for a while I think.

That's what I figured, but I could have sworn during the ads last week, Justin and Griffin said they'd be back with dad jokes today.

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Ooooh boy that was a great episode of Comedy Bang Bang. PFT is a great fit with his new pals Superego... Oh I forgot one podcast on my list. I really love Thrilling Adventure Hour. Just delightful.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    That's what I figured, but I could have sworn during the ads last week, Justin and Griffin said they'd be back with dad jokes today.

They did say they'd be back to normal this week, but it's labour day?

Here's my list:

The Besties (Justin and Griffin talk video games, can't ever get enough of these guys)
    Men In Blazers
    Giant Bombcast
    MBMBAM
    Night Vale

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Hey @T4CT‌

It seems my favorite podcast has not uploaded recently

How will I ever learn who the mysterious Mike Blais who showed up at the end of the first episode is??????????

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    My List:

Video Games:
    Giant Bombcast
    Daft Souls
    Gamers with Jobs
    The Besties

Board/Card Games:
    Shut up and Sit Down
    Terminal 7 (Netrunner podcast)

Comedy:
    MBMBaM
    Comedy Bang Bang
    Flophouse
    Answer Me This
    Stop Podcasting Yourself
    Who Charted?
    Regular Features

Other:
    This American Life
    99% Invisible
    X-Files Files

those are my regular listens, there are others I jump in and out of, such as Superego, Sawbones, Night Vale

steam_sig.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    The Besties (Justin and Griffin talk video games, can't ever get enough of these guys)

I tried this a while ago, listened to maybe 4 or 5 episodes and then quit

strangely I found both of the mcelroys pretty annoying in it, because a lot of the time they were trying to be serious, but with their same mbmbam tone, and the other guys weren't good at standing up for themselves so it just came off as bullying?

Also my video game opinions tend to run diametrically opposite to theirs so they spend a lot of time talking about and lauding games I don't care about.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The one thing I like about the besties is them making fun if the other dudes' attempts at humor.

That said when they went to a monthly format the show got much much better

I listened to both Radiolab and 99% invisible. Just absolutely fascinating stuff. The production value was really high as well. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. By next week I'll be all caught up on Analyze Phish so I'll have another slot open up.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oh my god I almost choked to death.

Don't eat and mbmbam.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Hey @T4CT‌

It seems my favorite podcast has not uploaded recently

How will I ever learn who the mysterious Mike Blais who showed up at the end of the first episode is??????????

It was a long weekend!!

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I want to love Radiolab because it is super interesting and cool but the way it is edited makes me want to strangle somebody. It is just absolutely maddening.

Like yes it sounds cool and fun sometimes when you edit someone to interrupt somebody. But they overuse the shit out of it.

Or at least they did when I last listened to it. Has it changed any?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    Glass Shark... Stay away from that dark water.

edited September 2014
    Artreus wrote: »
    I want to love Radiolab because it is super interesting and cool but the way it is edited makes me want to strangle somebody. It is just absolutely maddening.

Like yes it sounds cool and fun sometimes when you edit someone to interrupt somebody. But they overuse the shit out of it.

it's pretty much still like this and one of the reasons I love it so much!

I have enough in my feed of people talking about interesting things, the show's creativity is what sets it apart. It's difficult to be creative with editing spoken word, and I am glad they put in the effort.

#pipe on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Syd and Justin did a Sawbones talking about their kid being in the NICU for a week

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    Matt Gourley's HR Giger fills me with delight

He might be my absolute favorite character in all of Comedy Bang Bang.

Actually it's impossible to choose. There are so many great characters, but Gourley's Giger just makes my day any time I hear it.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Giger'll be sad to hear that

But I mean, he'll be sad regardless

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular

Well, at least it's not coming from a woman

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Well, at least it's not coming from a fear bag

CYpGAPn.png
  • JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    So I listened to the September Monologues episode of Night Vale...

Now I...

Oh god...

I feel bad for Steve Carlsberg!

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I was at the zoo the other day and learned that blue and gold macaws do in fact have bones in their tongues

someone get hr giger's ghost on the line

uc3ufTB.png
  • BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »

I listened to half a dozen eps a few years ago myself, because it was so highly recommended by some folks I highly respect, but I found the same as you. It covers fascinating stuff fairly consistently but production-wise it's just too cutesy.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Anyone else listen to You Made it Weird? I'm working my way forward in the series but I skipped ahead for Sinbad, Ray Romano, Bill Nye, and guy from Team Coco whose name escapes me

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Hullis wrote: »
    Syd and Justin did a Sawbones talking about their kid being in the NICU for a week

I listened to the start of this in the car with my wife this morning and that was a bad idea because she had to get out of the car just as Charlie was born and whisked away and Sydnee was left there with her guts hanging out wondering what was going to happen.

Not a great way to start your wednesday I think.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Jacoby wrote: »
    So I listened to the September Monologues episode of Night Vale...

Now I...

Oh god...

I feel bad for Steve Carlsberg!

I was already kind of falling off of nightvale but this episode actually reminded me that Cecil is sort of a villainous presence himself in nightvale, he just has a nice voice and cute boyfriend

Steve carlsberg is nightvale's only true hero

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    for any flop house fans in or around new york

sadly super inconvenient for me, no car and all...too bad

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
This discussion has been closed.