As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finally a new [Android] Thread

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Thanks guys. The volume icon is completely missing from the notification bar with all the settings. Everything else is there;WiFi, mobile data, brbrightness etc. That said simply hitting the volume key brings up a menu to change the sound settings too. Prioritise, silent or full sound. I like this.

Priority Mode is glorious. It will only sound notifications from people you have added to favorites. No more solicitation calls, safely ignore calls from work... I almost never turn it off.

Priority mode is the fucking best thing. I miss it so much when I'm on my iPhone.

The iPhone has one. It's called "Do Not Disturb" and it's every bit as glorious. It also has a bonus feature that, if someone calls a second time immediately after the first, the phone will ring. Then if it's an emergency, someone not on your friends list can still get through.

Priority Mode is new to lollipop. I really missed DND when I switched from iPhone to Android.

you can set up priority mode like that on android

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Thanks guys. The volume icon is completely missing from the notification bar with all the settings. Everything else is there;WiFi, mobile data, brbrightness etc. That said simply hitting the volume key brings up a menu to change the sound settings too. Prioritise, silent or full sound. I like this.

Priority Mode is glorious. It will only sound notifications from people you have added to favorites. No more solicitation calls, safely ignore calls from work... I almost never turn it off.

Priority mode is the fucking best thing. I miss it so much when I'm on my iPhone.

The iPhone has one. It's called "Do Not Disturb" and it's every bit as glorious. It also has a bonus feature that, if someone calls a second time immediately after the first, the phone will ring. Then if it's an emergency, someone not on your friends list can still get through.

Priority Mode is new to lollipop. I really missed DND when I switched from iPhone to Android.

Huawei's android implementation has that, too. Do not disturb mode, but you can enable that bonus feature that if someone calls immediately again(I think one minute), it will be let through

All in all, I really love huawei's android implementation. You can disable or uninstall almost all tools you don't need, but it actually comes with nice tools that help you make your phone run longer.

I thought I was buying a cheaper android phone and what I got is the best android implementation I've seen

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Do they have a download link somewhere?

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Does anyone know of an app that displays time as a notification? I've been doing some looking and haven't seen anything yet...

工事中
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Trying to unroot my Note 10.1 2014 and restore it to stock in preparation for possibly selling it. Does anybody know of a place where I can download the stock firmware and have it take less than, say, five days without paying for a subscription to some shady file-hosting service?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

I used DND when I go to bed, but what I like about Priority Mode is being able to just set it for like 30 minutes, or 2 hours, or whatever when I turn it on. It's great for when I'm getting in the car, or going into a movie. I've used DND on my iPhone for that kind of stuff and always forget to turn it back off, which kinda sucks.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Does anyone know of an app that displays time as a notification? I've been doing some looking and haven't seen anything yet...

I guess I don't understand the point of an app that displays time as a notification. Any time you can see a notification, you can see the clock.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

I used DND when I go to bed, but what I like about Priority Mode is being able to just set it for like 30 minutes, or 2 hours, or whatever when I turn it on. It's great for when I'm getting in the car, or going into a movie. I've used DND on my iPhone for that kind of stuff and always forget to turn it back off, which kinda sucks.

Ah. I turned it on and never turned it off again. If you're not a specific friend or family member, I don't want to be reached by you at any given time.

I'm also an old fart.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Ah. I turned it on and never turned it off again. If you're not a specific friend or family member, I don't want to be reached by you at any given time.

I'm also an old fart.

That's probably a good way to go.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »

I guess I don't understand the point of an app that displays time as a notification. Any time you can see a notification, you can see the clock.

I live in Australia and my family is in the US, so it's nice to be able to just see what the local time is back home instead of trying to remember which direction Daylight Savings Time is. I used to have a world clock extension for DashClock, but Lollipop doesn't allow lockscreen widgets...

工事中
  • Options

I live in Australia and my family is in the US, so it's nice to be able to just see what the local time is back home instead of trying to remember which direction Daylight Savings Time is. I used to have a world clock extension for DashClock, but Lollipop doesn't allow lockscreen widgets...

at least on the moto x
    there is a clock app which you can add other world clocks to. you just need to open the app to check it., I don't remember if adding it there made it show up other places, but it was convenient enough

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's like, the base clock app and it's had it forever. It doesn't add additional clocks to your status bar or home screen or anything, so I don't think it covers what cokebotle is looking for.

• Options

Hm... definitely an option! I'll keep that in mind in case I can't figure something else out, thanks!

Yeah, with the changes to lockscreens in 5.0, I'm very much a fringe case. Not something I desperately need, but would definitely be nice to have.

工事中
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I was really hoping Oneplus we're going to announce the 1+2 today but it turns out they are just opening up sales on the 1+1. No more invites needed or waiting for Tuesday. Nuts. I was hoping info on the 1+2 would help me hold off on replacing my galaxy nexus.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    I was really hoping Oneplus we're going to announce the 1+2 today but it turns out they are just opening up sales on the 1+1. No more invites needed or waiting for Tuesday.

Hey man, actually selling their product to any customer who wants it, when they want it, like, you know, a real company is a pretty big step for them.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't fully understand the invite system. Especially for so long. But the even more annoying party is that they did say the 1+2 was going to be using an invite system as well

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Yeah I don't fully understand the invite system. Especially for so long.

It's a marketing ploy designed to create an illusion of exclusivity, born of the need to conceal their lack of resources. In a way it's ingenious.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I really, really like my 1+1, but their marketing is pretty annoying. The invite codes were dumb enough, but giving them a 24 hour life was even worse.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Trying to unroot my Note 10.1 2014 and restore it to stock in preparation for possibly selling it. Does anybody know of a place where I can download the stock firmware and have it take less than, say, five days without paying for a subscription to some shady file-hosting service?

There should be images via XDA for this. They should also have a root/unroot guide.
    Loaded 5.1 onto my N5 yesterday and restored to factory. There are a few options I still have to tweak, but apps are cooperating better, now.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    My Verizon G3 upgraded to 5.0. 1 today. And it's acting really weird. Often times finger swipes week register as a press, even if I'm still touching the screen and never let go. This has made Web browsing and the Facebook near impossible to use since I can't scroll without it registering a press,usually to a link I didn't want or etc. Anyone else get this problem?

• Options
    recalibrate?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    You may want to factory reset. It should make a lot of bugs like this go away.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    I really wanted to avoid that. Any easy ways to back up my app data?

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    5.1.1 factory images released for both Nexus 7 WiFi versions as well as Nexus 10

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Finally broke down and ordered a Moto360.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    5.1.1 factory images released for both Nexus 7 WiFi versions as well as Nexus 10

still nothing for Nexus 9, huh?

I'm starting to get really disappointed I got this tablet. I haven't had a lot of the problems others have had with it, but the lackluster battery life/charging times and the performance issues are enough to bum me out.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Entaru wrote: »
    Did you use the coupon that is around? 75 bucks off if you do it on motodesigner

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    Did you use the coupon that is around? 75 bucks off if you do it on motodesigner

Yeah, I got it for $179 (plus like $10 tax) from Moto designer.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    GreyWolfyGreyWolfy Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Heya, wondering if anyone can help me out with a LED light notification problem I seem to be having. I recently got a Galaxy S6, and can't quite get the notification settings to how they were like on my S3.

Now for some reason, the LED light works fine for text based notifications (google messenger, groupme, etc). I'll get a message, screen lights up, shows the notification, I ignore it, screen turns off, and the LED light starts blinking blue. When I get a notification from any game, I don't get the LED reminder if I ignored the notification.

Is this just a "doesn't work cuz its a game" problem, or am I doing something wrong here? I'm fairly sure my messenger and game notification settings are all identicle (and yes, notifications are all turned on in the games).

FFXIV: Rexus Kalev - Sargatanas
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The notification light on my Note 4 doesn't turn on for game notifications, only messages, email, and system stuff.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Quoting this in hopes for advice. On my nexus 6, since 5.1 easily half the websites I visit (including this one) never fully load which makes it so any 'buttons' on a page non functional. Reloading doesn't usually help. Forcing desktop sites sometimes does but not always. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or network.

I don't know what else to do but factory reset, there are just a few games I don't want to lose data for.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Well my 1+1 got that update to CM12/Lollipop. Not really loving it. Wiped a lot of the names from my contacts as well, which wasn't too much fun.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Well my 1+1 got that update to CM12/Lollipop. Not really loving it. Wiped a lot of the names from my contacts as well, which wasn't too much fun.

I haven't updated yet, haven't been in a hurry.

That's odd, though, since all that should be stored on Google's servers.

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Quoting this in hopes for advice. On my nexus 6, since 5.1 easily half the websites I visit (including this one) never fully load which makes it so any 'buttons' on a page non functional. Reloading doesn't usually help. Forcing desktop sites sometimes does but not always. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or network.

I don't know what else to do but factory reset, there are just a few games I don't want to lose data for.

Look into Helium. It backs up a lot of app data to your computer, but it won't work with everything. Also doesn't require root.

If you're rooted, I think Titanium Backup should work.

工事中
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Wednesday.
    s6_render_flatter_no%20highlight-970-80.jpg

• Options
    ....so you hold it with The Force?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I recently got a vivofit watch (Garmin's fitbit knockoff). It's really made me want to get a smart watch. Moto 360 seems reasonably priced and since it's Moto/Google probably pretty solid build and features.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Houn wrote: »

I haven't updated yet, haven't been in a hurry.

That's odd, though, since all that should be stored on Google's servers.

Yeah I realized (after sending about three awkward "hey, sorry, but who is this?" texts) that I could just delete and re-synchronize my contacts. I also had to re-connect my exchange account, but CM12 actually made that really easy. I HATED the updated g-mail app on my lollipop nexus 4, so I'm glad CM12 has exchange e-mail baked it.

That said I'm considering rolling it back, though I'm not sure how much work that is. The update just seems like change for the sake of change. I didn't really like it on my nexus 4, so I'm not sure why I updated my 1+1. Ah well.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    Pretty solid deal on the MotoX today: http://bgr.com/2015/05/05/moto-x-2014-deals-off-contract/

Does this hint at a refresh in the next 8-10 months?

I'm using the opportunity to at least get my wife to consider something besides her S4.

This discussion has been closed.