As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Possible threat, should I go to the police?

BucketmanBucketman Call meSkraggRegistered User regular
Hey guys,

So weird situation. Today I got a text from a number I don't know that simply read "You don't know me, but I know where you live." I tried to respond back thinking it was someone playing a joke, but they never responded and now I'm a little frightened. Should I swing by the police station on my way to work tonight, or is this most likely a prank I should ignore?

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Report it. The police likely won't do anything about it with just the one report. If it was a prank, nothing will come of it. If it happens again and/or becomes more serious, you'll have an early record of harassment that will help greatly in dealing with it.

In any case, if it does happen again, you should report all incidents, or at least document them in writing.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    There's no threat, although it's creepy. I'd wait until you get at least one more communication before heading to the cops, it's unlikely that they'd be able to do anything for you at this point.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Alright thanks for the advice guys, I'll keep it in mind

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    O hey, false alarm! It was a friend of mine, who was acting creepy and decided making me afraid of everyone around every corner was a good idea!

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    That is not a friend, that is an idiot.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Advice: Find friends who are actually funny.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My boss did this kind of trick once. Or maybe we tried to talk him into doing it. Can't remember.

Anyways.. yeah, that is kind of dickish.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch