As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, January 14, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 31: THQ Going to Pieces

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Monday, January 14, 2013 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 31: THQ Going to Pieces

Sounds like everyone has a chance to get in on some of this THQ auction action.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    ShamisOMallyShamisOMally Registered User regular
    As "Evil" as the THQ investors are being made out to be over this whole thing, why they stopped the THQ wholesale is entirely reasonable, because they were worried THQ being sold as a whole would not recoup them their money, due to the fact that literally nothing was going to change about the company as a whole such as all the original corporate staff staying etc, when the investors argued it was incredibly bad CEO decisions which killed the company to begin with, and I agree with that to.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Frankly I'd rather not have the current corporate heads of THQ handling those franchises. But seeing as how any other major company might nab up series I'm following...dunno which is worse now. It's a horrible day all around.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    HoytyHoyty Registered User regular
    Faceball was one of my favorite games for the Gameboy back when I was a young lad.

• Options
    sethendalsethendal Location, Location, LocationRegistered User regular
    Holy crap. Faceball! My very first "FPS" ever. I freaking LOVED that game.

• Options
    BrandchanBrandchan Registered User regular
    You would be surprised how fast some people trade in new consoles. When I worked at EB we had people trade in new consoles only to buy another new one months later. Whatever makes you happy, I guess.

• Options
    enderandrewenderandrew Systems Engineer OmahaRegistered User regular
    DoubleFine is trying to buy back the rights to Costume Quest and Stacking as part of the THQ sale.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Yes, releasing a new pokemon game is super effective... at making money. Regardless of everything else, Nintendo still maintains several licenses to print money worldwide.

Disclaimer: I like the games. But the post is better with this at the bottom.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    dracoslayer16dracoslayer16 Registered User regular
    I used to have Faceball for the SNES. And yes, it was a terrible game.

• Options
    johnnywhitebreadjohnnywhitebread Registered User regular
    Crazy enough - I kept seeing banner ads for Vs. all today and I kept wondering "What vs. WHAT!?" Still never clicked on one to find out. Pretty sure I won.