As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To [Disney Infinity]...and beyond!

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    dluNg4Ul.jpg

Woo, 100%ed Pirates (30 Stars), now onto Monsters.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    So hey, here's series 2. This confirms my theory that Toys R Us' exclusive discs are only exclusive in the designation that they're "rare". (colored outside edges)

Of course this now throws my collection off...part of me is fine with just getting all the normal discs, though if I do that I really should pick up one of the normal series 1 albums without the TRU-exclusive slots....hmm.

iAidQDU.png

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ugh I have 12 power discs including two rares. Getting a bunch of duplicates now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Do you have a CheapAssGamer account? I've managed to round out my full set via trades there.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'll look into it. I need to get the album or something to put them in.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I bought the Toys R Us album that has spots for all the Toys R Us exclusive discs...I'll snap some pictures of it later to show you how they look on the inside.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Hmm... so now there is a "Race to Space" pack coming out with Crystal Buzz Lightyear and another Crystal Lightning McQueen (+2 TRU exclusive disks). I already have Crystal Lightning McQueen :) Stupid TRU making me double dip.... bah

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I ranted about that a bit over at CAG so I'm just gonna post it here:
    The whole "Race to Space" package concerns/annoys me...

Back when Disney Infinity launched I had no intention of collecting the crystal figures, but after a week with the game I realized how much I was enjoying it and I figured I may as well "collect then all", so I tracked down a crystal Lightning McQueen figure to add to my collection. Since the figure operates nearly identical in game, I decided to leave it in the packaging and just scan it through the packaging to add it to the Hall of Heroes.

Simultaneously, I picked up one of the Toys R Us exclusive power disc albums and I've been collecting all the power discs. I've got a complete series 1 set along with the two TRU exclusive discs they've released so far.

So now we've got this race to space pack, which looks like a nice package, but for someone in my situation it presents two issues:

1) Purchasing the Race to Space pack means I have a duplicate Lightning McQueen. This isn't a massive problem really, as I still have my receipt and the figure is still boxed, so I can easily return it.

2) It appears that the race to space pack includes two of the TRU exclusive discs. If I want to add these to my power disc album, I'll have to open the packaging to do so, something I wasn't planning on doing.

I'll be purchasing it, but I'll probably hold onto my receipt for a bit in hopes that Toys R Us sells Buzz separately and that the power discs show up in the TRU blind bags.

Also, since nobody posted it, Gamestop announced that they're going to have a "Collector's Edition" version of the Jack Skellington figure in-store this weekend when their exclusive month begins.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-30-at-12.55.00-PM.png

I wasn't intending on buying it early, (was gonna wait for a deal) but that looks pretty neat. Plus I'll get a free poster and $10 off the guide as well.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Yeah same here... for a couple bucks more I get a pretty neat display case, which is cool. And yeah, the Space Race thing is kind of sucky. Like, I want everything in it *except* Lightning McQueen which I already have. Bah

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Glad I held off on picking up Crystal Lightning McQueen. Even had one in my hand at TRU, but said "nope."

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Yay! I finally have a full set of power discs. Now I just need to get the remaining figures, but that will be way easier.

• Options
    Yeah I'm waiting for a good sale to get the last three figures I need.

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    So Walmart's early selling exclusive is Woody. Gamestop's is Jack Skellington. What is TRU's?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Machismo wrote: »
    So Walmart's early selling exclusive is Woody. Gamestop's is Jack Skellington. What is TRU's?

Crystal Mr. Incredible, Sully and Buzz Lightyear? (and Lightning McQueen + a bunch of disks :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    So someone found this on Target's site yesterday:

14881751_201309191757.jpg

It's the series 2 power disc album WITH all 20 discs included.

I just...wat. Make up your goddamn minds, Disney.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Huh. That would save some effort.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    So I went to GameStop. They had no friggin clue what the Jack Skellington display case thing was. Apparently they didn't get any or were even told about it -_-

On a side note, Toys R Us had more of the gold packs. I bought one in the off chance I would get like, the next exclusive disk that they accidentally put out early :P It was just Tron, which was fine too. It's kind of nice to have extras for trading purposes in the future.

Edit: Ah, future release date:
    http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/disney-infinity-jack-skellington-special-edition-figure-and-display-case-gamestop-exclusive/111464

That explains it.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    FYI Toys R Us is having a buy 1 get 1 40% off sale.

• Options
    I'm hoping Gamestop stores get a few extra Jack figures tomorrow outside of pre-orders.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    I actually saw toys r us power discs! I didn't get any though since I'll just get them in wave 2

• Options
    I actually saw toys r us power discs! I didn't get any though since I'll just get them in wave 2

But the wave 2 discs aren't fancy like the TRU discs are. :P

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I thought the TRU discs were wave 3 (or later)?

Wave 2 is the one you can get all at once at Target for $60 next month.

• Options
    A handful of the TRU discs are showing up in wave 2, such as Stitch's Surfboard and Mike's New Car.

The TRU discs have an exclusive colored edge and lenticular label, however.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Ehhhhhhhhh. I don't really care about the TRU disks since I can get them anyway. Going to try and get that target pack.

• Options
    Anyone pick up the Crystal Figures this weekend? There were a *ton* of people there but they all seemed to be there for Skylanders :P

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Anyone pick up the Crystal Figures this weekend? There were a *ton* of people there but they all seemed to be there for Skylanders :P

I did. They're actually still in the trunk of my car from Sunday.

I still need to post a picture of my disc album for @timspork's ghost that I promised like a month ago.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    I did not see any, must have all sold.

I discovered the fast leveling method of characters and I'm using it to level up the characters from the stories that didn't get used much. Since they patched that infinite spin token this seems like a good substitute since you get a spin each level.

• Options
    I did not see any, must have all sold.

I discovered the fast leveling method of characters and I'm using it to level up the characters from the stories that didn't get used much. Since they patched that infinite spin token this seems like a good substitute since you get a spin each level.

When I went they weren't actually out on the shelves. The guy had to go into the back and grab some boxes with them. I heard a few other people claim that at their Toys R Us either the employees didn't know what it was, or the boxes labeled them as a "December 8th street date" and they wouldn't sell them. Overall the whole thing seems to have been handled pretty poorly, despite the things being on the front page of their weekly ad :P

• Options
    I'm gonna copy/paste what I posted over on CAG about Sunday's events.
    Jeez, what an annoying morning.

I left my house at 7:50 this morning after getting back from mass and headed over to Toys R Us. I arrived there around 8:25, and I headed in, not sure what to expect.

Well, this is what greeted me when I walked in.

3pL05vZl.jpg

Awesome, plenty of stock, no worries.

So I picked out the best paint job I could find of the two figures and then started sifting through the rack of power discs, looking for today's release.

Out of 60 or so packs, there were none. I asked one of the ladies behind the counter if they had any of the "new discs" and she said that everything they received they put out. I didn't fully believe her, but I wasn't in a position to argue, so I checked out.

While doing so, another Infinity fan was there picking up a Sully figure. He said the next closest TRU had Mr. Incredible and the discs, but no Sully.

Well, the store was 16 miles out of my way, but I figured I'm out of the house, may as well just get all this out of the way.

When I arrived at the other store I was met with a team of unpleasant employees that were still assembling the Skylanders display. They had neither the new figures or the new discs on the shelves.

I had to ask an employee to check the boxes I noticed behind the counter that clearly said DISNEY INFINITY HOLD UNTIL 10/13 AD on them in big letters for the power discs. The woman, apparently flustered with the Skylanders display, told me she'd be right with me.

So yeah, turns out there was a bubble mailer behind the counter containing the discs. She grabbed me two, I confirmed they were the new ones, and I was out of there.

I still think the first store had the discs, but I don't know for sure.

I probably spent $10 on gas doing all this this morning, but at least it's done.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Toy Story set and Woody hit wide release on Tuesday. Target's running a promo where if you buy something, like the new playset, you can get a figure for 1/2 off.

• Options
    Here's some snaps of my Power Disc Album:

xb8cadfl.jpg

5YcrYRYl.jpg

RW4YAjvl.jpg

WNZK9Cxl.jpg

W6Z1QmZl.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    I'm at Walt Disney World and I'm sorry to report that there are absolutely no park exclusive figures. In fact, one of the few places I've seen any Infinity stuff at all, is the toy store at Lake Buena Vista.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Not surprising since nothing was announced.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Yeah, they said they *might* do something and then never announced anything. Which sucks because I'm going to Disneyland next week. Boo.

There is actually a semi-exclusive tho in apparently you get some dragon or something if you scan some electronic bracelet thing you get for like staying at one of the hotels? I don't remember the details.

• Options
    The Magic Bands that replace your room key and park tickets contain unlockables if you sit it on the base.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Cool, I managed to find one of the Special Edition Jack Skellingtons (with display case) at a Gamestop nearby. Anyone else have this and know how to get the figure out? I feel like I'm going to break these little nubs they are using to hold it in place.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Cool, I managed to find one of the Special Edition Jack Skellingtons (with display case) at a Gamestop nearby. Anyone else have this and know how to get the figure out? I feel like I'm going to break these little nubs they are using to hold it in place.

You can actually probably use the figure while it's still in the case.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Edited my post above. They deleted that last status because of an extra "the" in it. Ha.

Wreck-It Ralph on the 22nd!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm confused: Is Ralph only available in 2013? Or only at Best Buy in 2013, then elsewhere after?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!