As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

To [Disney Infinity]...and beyond!

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So are there are good places to pick up the power discs cheap? I'm guessing like with any blind packaging that people must end up with dupes and they unload them? We bought the starter kit, the kid picked out Venom and we bought one pack of discs and got Spiderman's motorcycle and Fury's jeep thing.

We then played a tiny bit of story and spent the rest of the night spawning random things in a race track style toy box. Now to avoid over spending...

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    I got it on PS4 (I broke down and bought the Collector's Edition one for the Frost Giant statue/base)

And for those curious about the November release...

It is the game and base with Merida, Stitch, and 2 Toy Box Game discs. Doesnt include the Avengers Playset.

The Avengers Playset (Iron Man/Black Widow included) and Thor will be available seperately at that time as well.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    So are there are good places to pick up the power discs cheap? I'm guessing like with any blind packaging that people must end up with dupes and they unload them? We bought the starter kit, the kid picked out Venom and we bought one pack of discs and got Spiderman's motorcycle and Fury's jeep thing.

We then played a tiny bit of story and spent the rest of the night spawning random things in a race track style toy box. Now to avoid over spending...

Well, I dunno who is selling their duplicates cheaply, but there are active trading groups over at CheapAssGamer and multiple Facebook groups that handle that sort of thing as well.

Toys R Us occasionally puts the Power Disc Packs on sale as well.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

Well, I dunno who is selling their duplicates cheaply, but there are active trading groups over at CheapAssGamer and multiple Facebook groups that handle that sort of thing as well.

That's perfect - I have an account at CAG, once we build up some dupes I'll use that.

It's really a great overall package. It's perfect for us to co-op with my son. My wife isn't a fan of building/sandbox stuff except the Sims, so she can play the story mode with him. I love the Toy Box so far so me and him can play with that together.

Are there any playsets or figures folks recommend to grab first or avoid altogether? Any tips on identifying the blind packaging?

• cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    Any tips on identifying the blind packaging?

Buy twice as many packs as you really want. Take them home and put them on the base before you open them. Check what pops up in game and make notes. Figure out which packs have what you want to keep and return the rest back to the store.

To anyone that has the Wii U version, do the playsets allow for multiple saves this time?

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    If anyone out there is curious about this game, they've released the 2.0 version for PC as a free download with demo versions of the play sets. Buying the heroes is $5.99 or so and full play sets are $24.99.

That's perfect - I have an account at CAG, once we build up some dupes I'll use that.

It's really a great overall package. It's perfect for us to co-op with my son. My wife isn't a fan of building/sandbox stuff except the Sims, so she can play the story mode with him. I love the Toy Box so far so me and him can play with that together.

Are there any playsets or figures folks recommend to grab first or avoid altogether? Any tips on identifying the blind packaging?

I'll post my duplicates here as well with what I need if you want to do some trading. I intended to post them over the weekend but I've been in bed with a nasty cold/flu/thing.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay. Thanks to all the TRU exclusive disc packs have unique upc codes, I finally own all of the 1.0 discs. Now to debate just buying all of the 2.0 ones in a bulk sale off ebay. It might actually save me a bit of money in not getting duplicates.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Well, this seems like a slippery slope. Since I was having toy envy of my son picking out Venom, I went out and got my own figure. Well, figures. I bought Hawkeye and Vanellope. Now I can't wait until tonight to give them a try.

As a side note - is there any way to tell what downloadable toy box levels are for single player only? We've hit a few where they play with the camera in a way that completely breaks things for player 2. Any that folks recommend downloading?

edited November 2014
    Anybody else go shopping today?

I had some store credit at a local shop so I grabbed Stitch and Aladdin. They are pretty good in game, puts us up to 8 figures. It's really, really hard to avoid Pokemoning them and collecting them all. I do wish the Wii U framerate was a bit smoother though.

Edit: Forgot to add I also have two Violets I grabbed from Kmart. I guess if I end up keeping and opening one I'd have 9.

Lindsay Lohan on
    Anybody else go shopping today?

I had some store credit at a local shop so I grabbed Stitch and Aladdin. They are pretty good in game, puts us up to 8 figures. It's really, really hard to avoid Pokemoning them and collecting them all. I do wish the Wii U framerate was a bit smoother though.

Picked up my Toy Box Starter Pack w/ Free Figure at Best Buy this evening.

FU7kFbw.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Doubt I will get the new game, but I will definitely be picking up Stitch though.

Figures can be used while still in the box, right? Wasn't that a thing with the first game? If I did pick up the new game, I want to keep Venom in the box. Maybe Stitch too.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Doubt I will get the new game, but I will definitely be picking up Stitch though.

Figures can be used while still in the box, right? Wasn't that a thing with the first game? If I did pick up the new game, I want to keep Venom in the box. Maybe Stitch too.

I think so - that's what I was considering doing with one of the Violets, but I think instead I'm going to open it. I also really want to find a shelf I can put up in the game room to start holding the characters. I've promised the wife I won't buy a ton of them, but they're just so nice looking that they deserve a home.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Couldn't stop myself from picking up a Hulk while I was at Disney World, even though I don't have 2.0 yet.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
    What have folks around here come up with for storage solutions for their figures? I'm kind of hesitant to open up any more before I know what to do with them. Right now, the gang's hanging out underneath the TV next to my PS2.

kyrcl.png
    If anyone out there wants to pick up a digital version of 2.0 and needs a base for the Wii U, PS3, or PS4, shoot me a PM, as I have one that I'll sell to you cheapie cheap.

Same goes for software. I have a still-wrapped Wii U 2.0 disc that I'll sell you for the same price of the 2.0 digital release if you're someone that prefers things physical.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Well, Black Saturday deals made me cave on this. I wouldn't have done it except they released a Malificent fig and seriously I'll get anything with Malificent in it.

Anyway, these Power Disc thingies. Are there any specifically for Malificent? I don't really get what they do exactly since I'm not interested in building any levels in the game.

Power Discs are upgrades for your characters.

kyrcl.png
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Well, Black Saturday deals made me cave on this. I wouldn't have done it except they released a Malificent fig and seriously I'll get anything with Malificent in it.

Anyway, these Power Disc thingies. Are there any specifically for Malificent? I don't really get what they do exactly since I'm not interested in building any levels in the game.

There's one that has Malificent's name and artwork but it's an ability that can be used by any character, not just Maleficent herself.

FU7kFbw.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Infinity 2.0 is $24.99 on Steam. Obviously that is without the figure base (does it use one on PC?).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Power Discs are upgrades for your characters.

No, most of them just add stuff to use in the Toy Box. Very few of them are character upgrades.

VERY disappointed in the 1,0 characters. All the articles I read said they got full skill trees in 2.0 but they really don't. They didn't add any extra powers to them at all, not like the 2.0 characters.

Magic Pink on
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Infinity 2.0 is $24.99 on Steam. Obviously that is without the figure base (does it use one on PC?).

The Infinity base is not used with the PC version. You can either buy characters via microtransactions or use the code that is included with each physical figure & playset.

FU7kFbw.png
    Anyone interested in doing some power disc trading? I have about 30 or so discs that I still need from 2.0's lineup and about 20 duplicates available. I can post what I have if anyone is interested.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    My girlfriend just bought us this for Wii U as a Valentine's Day gift so we could could play it together.

I'm about to lose a lot of money, aren't I? :(

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yes...yes you are.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    We played together a bit yesterday and pretty much immediately decided to pick up the Guardians of the Galaxy set while we were out getting lunch. We finished the Avengers and GotG 'stories' and we're not really sure what to do next: the Toy Box seems super overwhelming.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited April 2015
    Well, looks like 3.0 has been leaked by a German retailer:

0PSh8eq.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    OH, YES!

They even used the Clone Wars models.

kyrcl.png
    Which is interesting, because didn't the Clone Wars cartoon get canned shortly after Disney's purchase?

FU7kFbw.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Those are not at all the characters I would've guessed for the pack-in

Those are not at all the characters I would've guessed for the pack-in

I thought for sure we'd be getting some heavy SWVII tie-in, though I guess there's always time for that later in the year.

FU7kFbw.png
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Not too excited by the Star Wars content as much as looking forward to seeing what Disney Originals show up for 3.0. I mean, it's probably too much to ask for a Pixie Hollow campaign + figures but I think there are still many untapped ways for Disney to separate me from my cash.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    we already know most, if not all, of them

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    we already know most, if not all, of them

Oh nice, they're making the virtual-only Tron figures into physical versions. I can live with that.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Is 2.0 worth getting while it's still on sale at target?

My only console right now is a PS3; what are the odds that 3.0 will still be getting a PS3 version?

HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Is 2.0 worth getting while it's still on sale at target?

My only console right now is a PS3; what are the odds that 3.0 will still be getting a PS3 version?

100%, if the story I read earlier was true. (Before Disney had it taken down.)

FU7kFbw.png
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    The Star Wars stuff is going to kill my wallet. I know we've seen the Disney Originals leak. I wonder if there is more Marvel coming.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    The sheer amount of Star Wars stuff they could do (prequels, Clone Wars, Rebels, OT, and Episode VII) will probably move Marvel to the sidelines for a while.

kyrcl.png
    The Collector's Edition of 2.0 is $89.99 for PS3 and PS4 over at Best Buy today, with GCU members getting it for $71.99.

102238LELG.jpg

That's a heckuva a deal considering it originally retailed for $179.99.

FU7kFbw.png
    I would have liked to had that stand to sit figures on, but no way I was going to pay that for it.

kyrcl.png