As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To [Disney Infinity]...and beyond!

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Welcome home, @Dirty. Go ahead and leave all your money at the door.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    As welcoming as you guys are, I've been playing the Twilight playset ... and I'm not sure if this is for me. I'm gonna finish up the campaign first, maybe try some community toyboxes. I was kind of drawn in because they just keep adding more and more things I'm a fan of.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It is a very, very basic game

For me it's a great palate cleanser but I can totally understand people not being drawn in

I feel like Skylanders is the actual better game, it's just, all those characters look awful and this game has Star Wars and Marvel and shit

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    If they keep trying new things like they did with Battlegrounds, then I will be all in, buy like @Dirty said, this isn't exactly fit me, I just am a huge Disney fan and like all the figures they keep releasing.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    As welcoming as you guys are, I've been playing the Twilight playset ... and I'm not sure if this is for me. I'm gonna finish up the campaign first, maybe try some community toyboxes. I was kind of drawn in because they just keep adding more and more things I'm a fan of.

The Inside Out playset is very different and quite fun, assuming you liked the movie. Most of the other playsets are "run around and pick up silly quests", but IO was a 3D platformer made as a sequel to the movie.

I am man enough to admit that a lot of the draw for me is the toys :)

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Love the concept behind the toybox. Love the figures.

The gameplay is not for me but... love everything else. XD

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    So I know I can use hoverboards and jetpacks to zip around in the toybox, but is there anything I can use to get around these hub areas faster in Twilight?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    There are vehicle dispensers located throughout the hub.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Picked this up tonight since Best Buy had it for $30 ($24 after GCU). Any suggestions for someone dabbling in this for the first time?

If you have a Wii U, you can grab the 1.0 software for free from the eShop if you want to check out any of the 1.0 playsets.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    1.0 Pirates of the Caribbean is really good. Ship combat plays like AC IV; Black Flag.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    I was really surprised to see Ninja Theory had a hand in the combat here. The fighting is alright once you unlock some options and crank the difficulty.

How's the Spider-Man set?

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    If you're looking to get the Spider-Man playset, Gamestop is clearancing out the Vita version real cheap, and playsets arent platform specific.

Also comes with black suit spidey if you need it (which I know you dont, but others may).

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I picked up Inside Out this weekend for $15. I haven't had a chance to play it, but it feels weird to see the figures on the shelf scale-wise. Like right now they are with the Hulkbuster and Ultron I picked up last week and it just looks weird. I know they can't be microscopic, but I'd almost like them to be more Stitch height I think. The detail is wonderful though.

Also, I want Lilo to go with Stitch. Couldn't we have gotten her instead of Peter Pan?

• Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    If you're looking to get the Spider-Man playset, Gamestop is clearancing out the Vita version real cheap, and playsets arent platform specific.

Also comes with black suit spidey if you need it (which I know you dont, but others may).

You know how much? Gamestop still says $60.

• Options
    I've seen it at both my local gamestops for $18.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Weird. I asked 2 stores around here and they both said it was still $60. I think I'll just buy the playset on Amazon (saw it for $9ish), and get the 2.0 disc on PS4 ($5).

• Options
    If I head out and see it I'll grab it for you. If you don't need it by then I'll keep it.

It's been literally in the clearance bin they have with shirts and POP figures.

• Options
    well, shipping might negate a good chunk of the savings.

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    i might pick it up if thats really the price at GS since I could use Spidey for Battlegrounds

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    So uh...Disney just announced they're pulling the plug on Disney Infinity.

Here's hoping the value on the figures doesn't crash too much as I sell off what I don't want to keep.

(I've been kicking around the idea of doing so for way too long. Dammit. Hopefully my procrastination doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.)

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Welp, it's time to buy those Star Wars figures I've been wanting then. Want to grab them before they're a royal bitch to find.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Here's hoping the value on the figures doesn't crash too much as I sell off what I don't want to keep.

(I've been kicking around the idea of doing so for way too long. Dammit. Hopefully my procrastination doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.)

Wouldn't them being out of production drive prices up?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Well I'm happy it lived long enough to get the neat Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps figures I have.

Didn't ever have interest in the game, but I always thought the toys part was pretty nice.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Not even three years. That's kind of insane for such a huge commitment

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Wouldn't them being out of production drive prices up?

I guess, but there's hundreds of thousands of figures out in the wild, especially 1.0 and 2.0 figures. They won't be hard to come by unless you're a "mint-in-box" crazy person.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I got in on 3.0

Bummed that all these figures won't have a 4.0 to play around in

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I'm a little surprised they didn't try to get another Christmas out of it, but I get the feeling that Star Wars wasn't quite as big as they expected and retailers were starting to get fed up with unsold inventory. There's an awful lot of little plastic figures choking the shelves around here.

Still, it gave us some neat figurines. No regrets. :)

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I'm happy with the plastic army we have, sad that we won't get more. The toys to life bubble had to burst at some point, I'm surprised it was Disney calling it quits first.

Still sounds like the Alice, Dory, and Rigue One stuff is coming though.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    I have to say I'm terribly disappointed in the news. "Lack of growth in toys to life market" isn't really the problem here, it's that the every game they've released has been boring. My wife and I have invested heavily in this, mostly for her benefit, because I just can't get into the game, and I feel like even in 3.0 I was playing the same damn game. The figures are quite incredible, really, but with each iteration of the game the money we've spent on figures has outpaced the time we've spent on the game exponentially. I think they relied too heavily on user-made content, and the levels they released were barren and never really felt like a proper game and more like a demo.
    It really is a shame, I kept hoping every iteration would actually be an improvement over the last, and it just didn't happen for me. I haven't played Skylanders, but I've always heard it puts Infinity to bed in terms of gameplay, the figures have always kind of looked like garbage to me though. To me, I think Disney is realizing they missed the mark here and aren't willing to scrap the engine and start over. Which I understand, of course. That's a heavy investment for something they're not guaranteed a justifiable return on. That's just my opinion, though. Damn shame they're just giving up.

• Options
    I hope I can pick up the other 2 Star Wars sets on the cheap.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Not too surprising -- I kept hearing about how Infinity and Skylanders took a steep dive this past year. All the massive, continuing sales on the figures drives that home. (Yes, you all should be able to get the figs you want for cheap.)

True shame; they did a great job on the figures.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    What I want to know is just how dire Lego Dimensions is going

I don't understand how that wasn't the first one canceled despite being the last one out

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

I don't understand how that wasn't the first one canceled despite being the last one out

Same here, given that even the new waves are getting released at a steep discount. They must be doing horribly, at least in the U.S. I've heard some rumblings that they're doing much better in Europe and there's leaks of new stuff, so maybe WB/Lego's crazy enough to push forward.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Same here, given that even the new waves are getting released at a steep discount. They must be doing horribly, at least in the U.S. I've heard some rumblings that they're doing much better in Europe and there's leaks of new stuff, so maybe WB/Lego's crazy enough to push forward.

It helps that Lego fans are fanatics about unique bricks and minifigs. I know I've got my sights set on the Midway Arcade set just for the unique printed pieces for the arcade, and I've barely spent 20 minutes with the game. The Doc Brown fig is a huge improvement over the one that came in the Delorean set a few years back, Portal set is both a massive "haha fuck you everyone who supported the Ideas set" and Lego throwing those same people a bone, etc. etc.
    It also helps that Lego is the best-selling toy brand in the world and if Dimensions ends up losing money for Lego they can pack it up and move on without it making a dent in their bottom line.
    But this is the Infinity thread, sorry. My wife is currently scouring Amazon in a panic for discounted figs (of which there seem to be plenty, FYI).

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Oh, shit! Without Infinity as a competitor, would Disney license out their properties to Dimensions?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    As much as I don't want to (and won't be) buy Dimensions that's a damn good idea. They already license to LEGO.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Just booted up 3.0 for the first time since it launched last year. Man so much has changed via the updates.

Just listed all my Power Discs on eBay. Starting high and will gradually bump it down until someone bites. Next I'm bundling figures with playsets and selling those.

Bummer.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!

disney-infinity-30-star-wars-darth-vader-pronta-entrega-526511-MLB20580202325_022016-O.jpg

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Holy shit... that's some bombshell ass news...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.