As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camelot Unchained] CSE now Unchained Entertainment. CU in late 2025.

• Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    does mythic have all the daoc races trademarked or something? those things look horrible compared to lurikeen

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I would assume so. I wouldn't judge this race until they make the actual model,

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Roe wrote: »
    The latest update added tiny Tuatha Dé Danann people called the Luchorpán. You can read their story here.

c30c4a9ee9d61b7560528df856c2833e_large.jpg?1384191999

And to put their height into perspective;

1877d149f9d28b9b7e515431c275188b_large.jpg?1384192194

Quote for new viewers.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The latest update is a celebration for hitting the 2.6m backer mark and the addition of the new Giant races.

6a0683a5557412fef443b87a78e3efc4_large.jpg?1399060200553ffd5b90ae1fd19c9637fb482a5bba_large.jpg?1399060289
    a6cd68f18e24dc38c94fce628c935f27_large.jpg?1399060442
    First up is some art about Arthurian Golems.

Check back later for more Giant art from the other realms.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Those are very nice, can't wait for the other realms big guys.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Posted on their main site, the new stretch goal is one we all can appreciate: Bounties.

According to the backers forum, guilds and your realm leaders can place bounties on players as well as specific NPCs.

Camelot Unchained's alpha is right on schedule for August.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    City state is streaming today at 12:00 pm EDT.

Here's the link to the recording.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    BSC Bat Shit Crazy days of summer starts the 14th of July. During the rest of July, Mark will be streaming a lot of content including some of the craziest ideas for for Camelot Unchained that he has not delved into yet.

Also, August 19th will be the start of the alpha test. Everyone that donated the right amount on Kickstarter, or PayPal will be able to participate indefinitely.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Here's the schdeul of BSC. It's quite extensive.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Magic system and combat system revealed.

Also Crafting revealed.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    The UI-Modding details are up too.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Progression and Mapping were just updated.

Very awesome unique ideas, especially with the progression preview.

No hard cap on skills and stats is exciting to think about. There is more of an (elder scrolls) Oblivion feel to upgrading your skills.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    it sounds alot like old school asherons call , with the way you built your chracter the way you wanted.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    oh god the crafting notes just gave me a nerdboner. time to awkwardly sit at my desk for awhile

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    New Stretch Goal:
    Engraving and Reaction System – E.A.R.S

This system is an enhanced gameplay item for both Crafters and Combatants that is intended to be implemented for launch.

Our Crafters will have greater control of what they can engrave into items, especially armor and weapons. These engravings are more than mere aesthetics, however: they will also be used for enhancements such as elemental and physical resists to attacks in Camelot Unchained.

For our combatants this system will really “light up,” so that when an item is struck by an attack that the item’s protection has been enhanced against, the runes on the item will visibly activate. This will allow anyone who is looking at the target to see the type of resist(s) that the target has had engraved on his item(s).

Since one of our stated goals is to limit the amount of information that is displayed via traditional and highly tropish “con” systems, this is a necessary addition to our game. This is far from the only visual clue our players will see in the game, nor is this the only system we have planned to enhance the immersive atmosphere of combat in Camelot Unchained—but it is an important one!

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Starting October 15th, Internal testers and Alpha testers are invited to start testing thanks to the PAT(Pre alpha test)'s checklist completion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3qX9zIUzYE&list=PLM8Uz9REHvcop2cLsoQptt3vwdK50QTU7
    I’m pleased to announce that on Weds. October 15th 2014, Camelot Unchained™ will begin its Pre-Alpha Testing period (also known as the P.A.T.s)! During the next five months, we will be opening up the most current build(s) of Camelot Unchained to our Backers whose tiers included Alpha testing access so that those folks can get a look at and also have some fun in the game.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    City State is holding several scheduled play times where ITs and Alphas can hop on the client and face off between each other.

Today at 3 pm EST, ITs and Alpha testers are squaring off in a free for all. Follow City State Entertainment on twitter to learn when to log in and battle the enemy realms.

Please note that everyone that plays is under strict NDA. If you want to join in on the fun, you will have to buy an alpha test position from Camelot Unchained's founder tiers.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    New stretch goal: Sound Engineer.

After the new stretch goal is made, City State will be giving a small gift to all backers.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Mark Jaccobs and the people over at CSE are streaming the first class concept today at 12 pm today.

Click here to watch the event over twitch.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    The funds from this Stretch Goal will allow us to contract/hire additional artists to accelerate the
    building out of the game world. Additionally, by using these artists to complete some of our planned
    workload, our current team will be able to focus their time on either adding other, unplanned assets to,
    and/or improving the quality of assets in the game world, as time permits. Because this is a 200K goal,
    we will begin the hiring cycle as soon as funding reaches the halfway mark.

As per our Stretch Goal policy and FPs, this Stretch Goal will not impact the development cycle of this
    game other than to help speed up the game’s development. Again, the resources from this Stretch Goal
    will be focused solely on speeding up the building out of the current vision for the world, and not a “new
    and improved” vision, which would endanger the current launch date, and as a secondary goal, to
    improve the quantity and quality of the world art at release.

BTW, the name of this Stretch Goal is also part of a quick contest. The first person to send an email to support@citystateentertainment.com with the name of the movie that the phrase “Hug the World” was
    used will win a prize. In the event it was used in more than one movie, and we can confirm it, we will
    award multiple prizes.

As always, we thank you for your support and for completion of “The Sound Engineer Cometh!” We’ve had a lot of great sound engineers applying, and we’re really excited to begin the final phase.

- MJ

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    New news letter reveals pre-alpha checklist 3 is complete, new pre-alpha 4 planned to be completed at the end of the month.

Those who have backed the game with the right donation get ready for alpha!

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Alpha is live. OP Redesigned.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    New stretch goal gives CU new spirit pet class. This pet class will have no pathing, and will be completely different from every pet class in any mmo to date.
    From the onset of our Kickstarter, we have been very clear that we had no intention of creating a pet class at the launch, or maybe ever, for Camelot Unchained™, for a variety of technical reasons. Well, what if pets were more, say, ephemeral; more like spirits than flesh, more like spells rather than like NPCs? And with that idear in mind and many internal discussions, the path to adding some form of pet classes to the game has become a realistic Stretch Goal.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I've heard some folks speaking up this game. How is/was alpha? The crafting seems like it might be fun. Not sure if I should give them all my money or just a little bit...

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Alpha is pretty basic, it's much more of a privilege to test other than a full fledged game.

If you want to buy a tier, go for the beta test.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    lol ... "we need an updater" why the hell wasn't that one of the first things made?

I really like some of these ideas though!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I still read pretty much all the updates I get in the email. And still holding my excitement for this.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm always super interested in the concept of stealth and just general medium dps/rogue's in games. They usually have a whole bunch of problems because the fantasy behind them is one that's hard to contextualise into a multiplayer game in a way that's enjoyable for all the players involved.

That article is super neat and basically shows that they're aware of the problems stealth can cause for a game that isn't stealth focused. I particularly like that there's both physical and magical stealth with different applications.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    New screenshot shows off the labor that City State Entertainment has put into the game.

grass_flowers_update_lrg.jpg

Animated character with armor.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Okay that's kinda fucking pretty.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Tonight there was a stream that talked about when they expect CU to go into beta. They also revealed the first class archetypes, The Redoubt.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    New stretch goal Send more Programmers. This goal is pretty self explanatory.

*Edit* Heavy Fighters revealed!

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    Shape-shifting class revealed! Probably one of my favorites.

oHw5R0V.jpg