As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Europa Universalis 4 thread

167891012»

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Putting the papacy thing behind DLC is monumentally stupid.

I'm sorry, but it totally is.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    One of the devs offered a vote where they'd supply 4-5 other "free" 1.6 portions to let the fans choose which one would be the pay feature in the expansion in place of the papacy feature.

I expect a monumental troll job where all 4-5 other options are also quality-of-life enhancements or bug fixes.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    So hey I was wrong, it's a pretty legit vote. It's going on right now on the Paradox boards.

The "Transfer Trade Power" diplomatic option (when not in war) is far ahead of the other choices. My own vote was for the new Policy subsystem since it seemed like the sort of new functionality you expect in DLC, but more selfishly the diplo option is definitely the best for late adopters, so no complaints from me.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    I've been playing this for a bit now, though it's my first real dabble in the HRE (as Brandenburg). I have a question - is there any real way to know if you'll get a cascade of alliances when you declare war? For example, if I wanted to DOW Ulm whose only ally is Austria, is there a way to know if Austria can call in its allies?

• Options
    If the country's ally is bigger and it's a defensive war they'll become the warleader and be able to call in their allies.

If the country you declare war on is more powerful than all its allies it'll call them in but they won't be able to call their allies in.

So in your case Ulm would call in Austria who would become the warleader unless your game has gone off the rails and you have a spectacularly large Ulm and a very weak Austria

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Also not all CBs allow for the warleader to change. Revolutionary war and cleansing of heresy CBs are the prime examples, but there are others such as many of the CBs unique to the Holy Roman Emperor

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Also the leader of the HRE is pretty much always going to get a call to arms that they'll answer, because one of the ways they get Imperial Authority is to come to the defense of HRE members. So if you're not a part of the HRE, sort of assume they're going to come in on the war.

You can always try to ally the leader of the HRE and drag them in to other unrelated wars, so you'll be in a war together, then he can't go to war with you.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    They made it so you can't declare a war on an hre state while allied with the emperor in another war

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Noooooooooooooo.

Battletag BYToady#1454