As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroic Roleplaying] Breakout!

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna get the ball rolling and allow you guys to do whatever roleplaying you want in the opening transition scene. Go ahead and set things up for your character however you like, as long as you're in New York or in/on your way to the Raft. You can also use this time to spend your starting plot point on an asset if you wish. From here on I'll put OOC comments and data in spoiler tags. Give me a sec to type an intro up and then go nuts.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    After work I will flip through all my PDFs and see which heroes will fit with the choices so far.

• Options

BREAKOUT: ACT 1

The Avengers are no more.

The Scarlet Witch, in an act of sheer madness, turned on her comrades and left the world's mightiest heroes in disarray. Shattered, a number of them dead or missing, the team went their seperate ways, leaving a gaping hole in the superhero community. To make things worse, the Hulk recently went on one of his biggest rampages ever, devastating Las Vegas. With no Avengers assembled, there was no one to stop him in time before he leveled a massive portion of the city. The public has become restless, no longer feeling the security they used to take for granted from having such a well-oiled, organized superhero response team on the job. Now more than ever, the world needs heroes to step up to the plate.

Wracked with guilt, Bruce Banner has turned himself over to SHIELD, seeing no other option to contain the beast within. SHIELD Commander Maria Hill has ordered him locked up inside The Raft, a high-tech supervillain prison, much to the protests of Banner's cousin Jennifer Walters, AKA the Savage She-Hulk. After a lot of raised voices and legal threats, Director Hill has agreed to let Walters visit Banner to discuss his legal situation. However, Hill fears that the sight of another Hulk could stimulate the jolly green giant. Jennifer can see her cousin on one condition: while she's visiting The Raft, the same power-dampening procedures used to keep the prisoners in line will suppress her own abilities as well.

Today is like any other day in New York City. Well, the days where men and women in tights aren't crashing though buildings, at least. The sun begins to set and the city lights up. It looks like it's going to be a nice, peaceful evening in The Big Apple.

Little do they know that tonight is the night two Hulks meet inside the depths of one of the most dangerous places in the world: The Raft. But surely, a family reuinion is nothing to be afraid of, right? Surely, nothing can go wrong. Right?

Doom Pool: 2d6
    Everyone has one Plot Point. This can be spent to give yourself a resourse die connected to one of your specialties, as long as it makes narrative sense. Or you can save it for later.
    If anyone wants to use it as a plot hook, Walters can bring someone with her to the Raft as a bodyguard. If you want, you can start on the Raft as a SHIELD employee. They only allow people working for them or people who have otherwise been granted special clearance like Shulkie be present at the facility.
    But it's up to you how and where your character starts off. Go nuts, true believers!

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Wolverine

Heh. Hard t'believe I'm workin' with SHIELD again, seein' as how we don't always see eye t' eye. But Maria asked me to drop by while She-Hulk was visitin' Big Green, and the professor's always lookin' to make nice with the rest of the world, so I figured I'd keep an eye on the situation. Ain't exactly clear on what I'm s'posed to do, since Maria wasn't too specific on exactly what she wanted, but if anybody tries to pull something, this Canuck'll be ready.

Gettin' off the X-Jet and landin' on the Raft is . . . an interestin' experience, what with all the SHIELD folks lookin' nervous. I guess they ain't all too terribly comfortable with a mutant on board, in both senses. But I wave goodbye t' Shadowcat as she turns around and heads back; good kid, she's had a lotta crap to deal with past couple of years. Hell, who hasn't? One of the guards radios Maria and tells her I'm here, and I head down a few floors, near where Walters is gonna meet her cousin, and just a few hallways between me and the super-powered thugs they got locked up here. Tangled with a fair number of 'em before. Won't be too surprised if it happens again tonight. Can't say I'll be sad if somebody does start somethin'; knuckles're itchin' a bit.

• Options
    Wolverine

As Wolverine makes his way towards the processing room off the elevator, he steps inside only to find a small, meek-looking woman dressing down a SHIELD agent on duty.

"You've GOT to be kidding me! They're so scared of the Hulk that they completely neuter me, and then they send HIM?! Freaking WOLVERINE?! Yeah, he's going to keep things calm! No reason for Bruce to get nervous around that guy, right?!"

Jennifer Walters seems tiny and helpless compared to her alter-ego, the She-Hulk. However, the poor man with his armor and guns still seems awfully afraid of the diminutive damsel. He stammers out a non-response, and Jen simply turns away in disgust, rubbing her temples.

"Unbelievable..."

That's when she looks up and sees Wolverine, in all his Canadian glory. She gives him a weak, nervous wave and forces a smile.

"Oh! Uh...hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, Logan. Um, we were just talking about you!"

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Nightcrawler

Kurt teleports off the X-Jet next to Wolverine as Kitty leaves in a swirl of wind. He adjusts the scabbards on his back and begins walking alongside his teammate.

"Logan, it is strange to have two X-Men on this mission, ja? I'm not on the Avengers' call list, normally. Maybe I'll get an official SHIELD decoder ring or learn the secret hand shake? "

Seeing She-Hulk's distress at the sight of Wolverine, Nightcrawler teleports ahead, interposing himself between the two. He reaches for her hand and gives it a small, gentle kiss.

"Ms. Walters, a pleasure to see you again. I can assure you that you have nothing to worry from my hirsute friend here, süße Dame. Perhaps when this business is concluded you would be kind enough to accompany me to dinner?"
    Maybe I should have stuck with Romantic. :)

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wolverine

I keep a poker face for a few seconds, lettin' her stew a bit, but I can't help but chuckle. "Heh. Yeah, I heard. Don't worry, Jen, I ain't gonna be in there gettin' him all riled up. Hill didn't say much about what she wanted, so I'm thinkin' my best bet is bein' nearby, in case somethin' happens. If y'need me, just holler - and if I were you, I'd let him know I'm here, cuz if I hafta bust these babies out," I tap my claw-spots affectionately, "smart money's on him losin' his cool, 'specially if I come in there, not that I'd blame him." I shrug. Ain't like I never lost my temper before, and that's without havin' to keep a giant rage monster in check. Granted, mine's not much smaller, but still, pretty sure he didn't get trained to deal with it like I did.

"Anyway, I'll be out here, keepin' an eye out. If any of the, heh, guests in here've caught winda us payin' a visit, might be some sore tempers, and if somebody decides he'd like to take a crack at one of the guards, might be my assistance would be 'preciated. You have fun now." I lean against the wall and fold my arms, settlin' in for some quality time.

• Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Spider-Man

Juggling a pair of steaming cup and a large bag of marshmallows Mary Jane crossed the living room of her apartment and sat down on her couch. She set the mugs down on the coffee table and slid one towards Peter. “How many marshmallows do you want in your cocoa?”

“Just leave the bag.”

Mary Jane smiled at her husband as she passed him the bag after she dropped two marshmallows into her own cup. “At least fighting a different super villain every night of the week helps you look good in your costume tiger.”

Peter began dropping marshmallows into his mug. “Ever since the Avengers called it quits people have been worried, and it’s up to your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man to pick up the slack.”

“That’s why I’m glad you decided to stay home for once.”

Peter tried to ignore the niggling sensation in the back of his mind urging him to put on his costume and start webbing his way around the city. Looking at Mary Jane made it easier to ignore, and seeing the X-Men’s jet soaring overhead on his way home had put his conscience at ease. At least he wasn’t the only super hero in town tonight. Raising his marshmallow laden glass he settled back on the couch next to his wife.

“So what cinematic masterpiece did you pick?”

Mary Jane picked the remote control up from the table on turned on their small television. “There's great documentary about Janet Van Dyne on that I’ve been dying to see.”
    I decided to go with a quiet evening at home for Spider-Man. He's had his hands full these last few months and he needs a quiet night at home with the wife. Nothing could go wrong with that plan right?

Loving Nightcrawler by the way Dresdenphile.

Sakutian on
    My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    Wolverine
    interspersing between bits of Nightcrawler here. also, Spiderman and MJ are too adorable, Sak

"Heh. Gonna take a bit more than guard duty ta get into SHIELD's good graces, elf. But you got a point, sendin' both of us is kinda odd. If I had ta guess, I'd say Maria and the professor're smellin' somethin' I can't," I tap the side 'a my schnozz, the ol' "somethin' secret's goin' on" gesture, "and that's a helluva neat trick. Keep yer eyes peeled for anythin' outta the ordinary - and if I were you, I'd stay in the shadows."

I snort as he brings out the playboy fer Walters. "Gee, good thing Casanova's here. I guess if Cheetah decides to crack some skulls, ya can just give 'er a smooch and she'll calm right down!"

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Nightcrawler

"Tut, tut, mein freund. A true gentleman doesn't kiss and tell," Nightcrawler replies, a wide grin across his face. "Still, even villainous women are women, after all, and can I truly be blamed if they should happen to succumb to my charm and good graces?"

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wolverine

I snort. "Charm and good graces? When the ladies look atcha like that, they're stunned from a purple furry man kissin' their hands - which ain't been the done thing since I was in short pants, by the way - not yer mastery of the social scene."

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Wolverine & Nightcrawler

Jennifer's cheeks slightly flush as Nightcrawler kisses her hand. Caught off guard, she stutters a bit.

"Oh! Kurt! I...uh...good to see you!"

She grows a bit redder as Wolverine gives Kurt a hard time about flirting with her. She regains her composure when Wolverine speaks to her, and his words seem to actually comfort her a bit. She smiles at the both of them.

"I'm sorry, Logan. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. It's been a really rough month for me. Thanks for coming. Really. I appreciate it.

As Logan prepares to watch over the processing room, Walters directs Nightcrawler down the hallway to their right.

"Bruce is down this way. I'll leave you to your post, Logan"

With a nod of approval to Wolverine she leads the way deeper into the prison.

Spider-Man

As the documentary goes into detail on the Wasp's fateful role in the forming of the original Avengers, Pete catches a glimpse of the latest Daily Bugle on the coffee table. The front page features a picture of Spider-Man standing and facing the Hydro-Man. The headline reads: HYDRO-MAN CAPTURED BY SHIELD! PARTNER IN CRIME SPIDER-MAN STILL AT LARGE!

Nightcrawler

The Not-So-Savage She-Lawyer leads Kurt past a long row of cells. The corridors are tight and winding, everything from the walls to the doors made of solid metal. The cells have no windows or bars. I stead, every unit has a single monitor in front, where an image of the inmate is broadcasted. Most of them look disheveled or spaced-out, many with collars around their necks.

"This is one of the bottom floors. We're deep under the water now. Everyone down here is a major threat. SHIELD spares no expense keeping these guys leashed. This is all lined with adamantium. The prisoners never get to interact with anyone directly without appropriate security staff. All their equipment is locked up tight and everyone with powers has them suppressed with drugs, dampeners, or both"

She taps an unfashionable metal band around her neck with her finger.

"They put one of these on me. Attuned to gamma-powered threats like me, of course. I imagine they cut Stark a pretty nice check for it."

She stops and looks at one of the monitors for a moment. An attractive blonde woman looks back at her. She seems drugged out of her mind, but that doesn't stop her from blowing a kiss at the duo with a sadistic grin. A nameplate on the cell reads "Karla Sofen". Walters turns away in disgust.

"These people are dangerous. I'm sure they're all kept in check, but...I'm glad you're here, Kurt."

Wolverine

Shortly after Nightcrawler joins Walters, a second SHIELD agent exits the elevator, with a prisoner in tow. He's an average looking guy. Regular build, regular height, short brown hair. Something about him smells funny, though. The agent brings it over to the one who was getting chewed out by She-Hulk earlier.

"Got a new one. Morris Bench. He was, uh, delivered, to us this morning."

The other agent starts fiddling around with a tablet.

"All right, just let me find a place to put him. Give me a sec."

Bench sees Wolverine out of the corner of his eye. He smirks, smugly, as the light in his dampening collar shines a solid green. He really smells odd. He smells...wet?

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Wolverine

My nose wrinkles as the new guy comes in with some joker. Somethin' ain't right. I look at him more carefully, and sniff deeply. "Hold on a sec, folks. Let's just make sure everythin' here's on the up-and-up." I tense up. Might be a throwdown comin'.
    Rolling 3d10+d8: Best There Is, Solo, Superhuman Senses, and Covert Mastery; the last is iffy, but I figure that Wolvie is essentially acting as an agent here, and applying his counterintelligence training. Anyway, 5, 1, 8, 6 14 with effect die d10, I guess?

• Options
    What specifically are you attempting to do? Just a general look-over for anything suspicious?

• Options
    He's trying to figure out what smells funny. So more than a general look-over, but he doesn't know what to look for.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    The closer he gets to the prisoner the more he can smell it. Wet. Like a guy who just stepped out of the shower. No, more than that. He smells more like a shower than like a person. He seems unsettled by Wolverine's close examination.

"Hey! Back off, ya freak!"

He may talk tough but Logan can smell it...this guy is hiding something. His collar seems to be working, but, something's not right.
    I'll hand Wolverine a power point for that 1, and step up a die in the doom pool to a d8
    Doom Pool: 1d6+1d8 12, no effect die so it defaults to a d4.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Wolverine

Don't care much 'bout a punk mouthin' off, and somethin's definitely wrong here. "Fellas, what can he do when this collar is off? You sure it's workin'?"

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Ok, grabbing dinner then I'll post my milestones and join in.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Wolverine

The SHIELD agent checks his datapad.

"Morris Bench. The Hydro-Man. He's, like, made of water and stuff. A water controller, too. Got quite a rap sheet, lots of robberies, attempted murders, fights Spider-Man like all the time"

The other agent pipes up.

"This time Spidey dropped him off at the police station in half a dozen of those big water cooler jugs!"

The agent with the datapad inspects the collar, interpreting the readings it sends his device.

"Collar is working fine. Getting normal bio readings from the prisoner. He's harmless."

Hydro-Man sneers at Wolverine.

"Ya heard the man. Faucet's run dry. Wanna get outta my face?"

Despite all this, Logan's senses know something is up. But he doesn't even need his nose, this guy has a terrible poker face.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Wolverine

Damn. Can't prove it, but he's up to somethin'. I wink at the SHIELD agents, hopin' they'll figure out what I'm doin', and approach him slowly, grinning savagely. "Nah, bub, I don't. Fer a criminal, you sure are awful at lyin'. Let's cut ta the chase, eh? You tell me what yer up to, and I won't hafta take my claws out to play." I'm bettin' he ain't gonna crack that easy, but if I rattle him he might give somethin' away - don't need much, just a clue, or some reason for the boys to keep a very close eye on the mook.
    Solo, Best There Is, Adamantium Claws (+Fearsome), Menace Master: 2d10+3d8+d6=2, 9, 1, 1, 8, 3 9+8=17 total, and the d10 2 is converted to a d12 for the effect.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    One of the SHIELD agents objects to Logan's advances, taking a step forward.

"Hey now! This is our prisoner and I'm not about to get chewed out by Hill if you mess with him! Everything is under control, back away!"

Morris however snaps back at Wolverine, the agent beside him holding him back. He tries to put on a facade of bravado, but Wolverine's eye, ears, and nose reveal just how terrified of those adamantium claws he is.

"You...you think you're so damn tough?! The wall-crawler is tougher than you, and he couldn't kick my ass! I let him win! All you got on me is this stupid collar! Well we'll see in a few minutes just how tough you are, mutie!"
    First of all, I will give you another pp to turn those two 1s into a new d8 for the doom pool. Pool is 1d6 and 2d8 now.

Now, then, let's see if you just made Hydro-Man wet himself.

Solo: 1d6 5
    Thug: 1d8 7
    Crime Expert, cause he's getting questioned by authorities: 1d8 2

Yikes. By default no matter what you emotionally stress him out by beating him by over 5. So that doesn't happen, I'm gonna spend the d6 from the doom pool to use all three dice for the total, giving him a 14 against your 17. So you inflict a whopping d12 emotional stress on him.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Bingo, you sonovabitch! I bow slightly to the agent objecting, right fist in left hand; boy's got guts, I'll give him that. Just hope they stay in him. "Sorry, Agent, that wink was me tryin' to warn ya without tippin' 'im off. Guess it didn't work, but props to ya for standin' up ta me. Anyway, our boy here just spilled the beans - we got a few minutes 'til hell breaks loose. I'm gonna talk to Walters and the furry flirt, let 'em know what's goin' on. Ain't givin' ya orders, o'course, but I highly suggest you call Hill and set this whole place on red alert." I head to the door, but one last thing occurs to me before I leave. "Oh, and in case the plan reachin' its next step shortly involves shutting down those collars, ya better find somethin' that can deal with water-boy here -- who's fulla shit if he really thinks Spidey's tougher'n me."

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Alright, checking as Howard.

Going with Round Up The Fugitives from the Breakout and Trapped In A World He Never Made from my datafile.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Howard

"Man, you'd think I'd be a better flyer. Since when are coach seats that small?" It's been a long day for Howard. A four layover trip from Cleveland to New York and nothing but the promise of an impending conference on the importance of marketing placement.

"Oh well, nothing for it, but to...but to...more it? No that's not right." Flopping down on the bed in his motel room, he reaches for the remote and flips on the tv. Skipping through channels at a manic pace, he finally settles on an infomercial for self cutting bread. As the drone of nonsensical information lulls him to sleep, he mutters to himself "I should look up Pete, maybe we could do lunczzzzzzzzzzz".

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Nightcrawler

Jen takes another glance at the monitors along the hall, frowning.

"These people down here...they're monsters, Kurt. Bruce doesn't belong here. He doesn't deserve this. There must be something better for him..."

As she trails off, the lights suddenly flicker off and on a few times.

"Huh. That's odd."

And then everything goes dark.

"Well...crap."

Wolverine

Just as Wolverine starts to go after Jen and Kurt, the lights flicker and then die. All the sounds of machinery and gizmos fade into a dead silence. And then come the sounds of a massive explosion somewhere far off, as the entire complex shakes.

Wolverine can hear it. There's some sort of struggle going on behind him, no doubt between the two SHIELD agents and Spidey's sparring partner. But he can also smell his friends up ahead...along with a whole mess of other people. They don't smell like the friendly type.

Spider-Man

An in-depth look at where Janet Van Dyne gets inspiration for her fashion design, which was surely riveting television, is brought to a sudden and tragic end as the TV dramatically powers off. As do the lights. And the fridge. And the X-Station U. And the entire city power grid. MJ groans.

"Awwwww...when I married you honey, I wasn't marrying the Parker Luck. But maybe we can think of something else to do alone in the dark...eh, tiger?"

She leans over to kiss her husband, and as her lips touch his the building rocks right down to the foundations. The skyline lights up and explodes it a brilliant display. The moment is kind of ruined as the couple sees out the window that this is not the metaphorical explosion of their love and passion, this is The Raft, official headquarters of the Spider-Man fan club, getting a gigantic hole blown in the side of it.

Howard The Duck

Howard awakes to the soothing sound of apocalyptic destruction, as he crashes face-first onto the hotel room floor, tossed from his bed. He looks up just in time to see a bright flash out the window. He sees the Raft, a place he suspects has cleaner bathrooms and a nicer breakfast. To be fair, though, this place doesn't have a massive beam of energy and death blasting out of the side of it, incinerating SHIELD copters and completely wrecking what is otherwise a pretty nice view.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The area where Kurt, Logan, and Jen are has three scene distinctions:

Very Dark
    Maze of Hallways
    Drugged(every prisoner on this level has been given meds to try and keep them calm or docile. They are unpredictable in their effectiveness.)

There is an optional rule in the Civil War book that allows there to be scene complications. I am going to use this. I'm spending my d6 doom die to turn the Very Dark distinction into a d6 complication, that will apply to everyone, hero or villain. Except for someone who would be totally unaffected like Daredevil.

That leaves 2d8 in the doom pool.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Wolverine

I growl under my breath. "Can you two handle Mr. Hosepipe here?" I ask the boys. 'm bettin' he could land some nasty punches, but Jen's gonna need that necklace off, and Kurt ain't got claws to take care of that.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Nightcrawler

"Jen, I'm truly sorry that you've been made to wear that," Kurt replies, gesturing at the power-dampening collar. "I just hope that it has the effect SHIELD intends when speaking with your cousin.

Nightcrawler frowns as they pass by Moonstone's cell. "Reizend. Anyway, I'm more than happy to help you with this, mein lieber. As you said, the good doctor deserves better than this. The sooner we talk to Bruce, the better."

With that statement, the lights go out.

In the dark, Jen can hear Kurt mutter under his breath, "Ich habe ein schlechtes Gefühl dabei."
    Are Enhanced Senses of any help to see in here?

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm going to say that anyone who has a power that could sensibly counteract the Very Dark complication can spend a Plot Point or Doom Die to do so. So sure, both Kurt and Logan could do this with the senses if they want to spend the point.

• Options
    Howard

Howard stares out the window in dismay and let's out a long sigh. "Well that puts the kibosh on the lunch date. Probably room service too. Well let's see what there is to see."

Howard heads out the door onto a sidewalk full of panicked citizens. "Scuse me folks, let me just duck through here. It's going to be fine, friends. Just fine." He heads off in the direction of what looks like it will be the crash site. Yelling over his shoulder, "Just put that room on my bill! Ahgheh heh heh."

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Howard the Duck

The good news is, things have stopped blowing up. The bad news is, even from all the way across the water, the gaping hole in the prison facility is as clear as day. Pillars of smoke rise from the opening, as sirens blare and police helicopters and boats get a move on. Above the hole, the sky crackles and sparks, a large, glowing light making it's way down inside.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Nightcrawler

"Great. All this security and a power outage brings the place to its knees."

With everything powered down, including the cells, the duo can hear several of the prisoners start to stir. Jen looks panicked.

"This isn't good. The collars power themselves, but the facilities systems control and activate them. They're going to stop working soon. Like, REALLY soon."

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Wolverine

"Handle me? Heh."

In unison, the sprinklers in the room all burst, and water starts pouring out of them. The columns of liquid bend to Hydro-Man's will, and with a surprising amount of pressure and force, slam into the heads of the two poor SHIELD agents. They flop to the ground, out cold. Bench smirks, as the water jets clash together to form a larger mass of liquid.

"Think you're so damn clever, huh? Well I can't wait to see the life leave your eyes as you drown, mutie!"

The water blasts forward and engulfs Logan, as the X-Man feels it try to force it's way down his throat.
    Spending a d8 to override Wolvie's reflexes and have Hydro-Man go first. This is now an action scene. Leaves the pool at 1d8.

Solo d6, Vengeful d8, Water Control d8, 1d6 for the dark complication, 2d6 for attacking two more opponents with Area Attack SFX, Using the drown SFX to add another d6 and step back one of the d8s. Leaves me with a attack pool of 5d6+1d8 and three effect dice. With drown any physical stress or complications caused will get stepped up. Using two effect dice to do physical stress to the agents and one to try and put a drowning complication on Wolverine. Here we go!

Attack Action: Results 5d6+1d8: 32 [5d6=6, 5, 5, 6, 4] [1d8=6]

Wow. Damn, very nice. Using the last doom die to use three of the d6s for the total, 17 with a d8 effect die for Logan and d6s for the agents.

Let's see if the SHIELD agents can get past this. They are rookie SHIELD agents. Gonna make this simpler and treat them like a mob of two. Buddy 2d6, Rookie d6, Body Armor d6, a d12 for Hydro-Man's emotional stress, and the Very Dark complication nets a d6, for 5d6 + 1d12.

Agents defence roll: Results 5d6+1d12: 18 [5d6=4, 1, 5, 1, 3] [1d12=4]

Yeah they're boned. I wanted them to be boned anyway.

So the two agents go down and Wolverine needs to defend against Hydro-Man's attempt to choke him. After that, it's his turn. Don't forget you can use the Very Dark complication and d12 stress against him. Doom pool is now empty.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Spider-Man

Mary Jane gazed at the destruction outside of their window in a state of horrified awe. “Oh my god…”

Moving with the startling speed that an irradiated spider bite had given him with years ago Peter had changed into his Spider-Man costume and leapt onto the window sill in a matter of seconds. His mask was already pulled halfway down so it covered most of his face. “Sorry MJ, I need to get out there and see if I can help.”

“I know you do Peter, just come back in one piece.”

He nodded pulling his mask down as he opened the window and climbed out no more than a blur of red and blue in the shadows. As he scaled the side of the building he got a better view of the Raft. Tapping the pressure sensitive trigger of his web shooter he swung to the next building somersaulting in midair and casting another webline with a casual flick of his wrist. He hurtled past buildings but for once people on the street weren’t pointing up at him and shouting as he passed overhead. The city had been swallowed up in darkness and their attention was focused on the supervillain prison.

It only took him a few minutes land on the roof of a building on the edge of the river that housed the Raft. “Right, well I can’t swing out there if there isn’t anything to swing on. Can’t say I didn’t try.”

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Spider-Man

A SHIELD helicopter whooshes overhead as it moves as fast as it can towards the Raft. Down at the nearest pier, a group of police are preparing to take a boat out onto the waters.

• Options
    Howard and Spidey, feel free to write your journey to the Raft however you want. There is literally no doom pool right now so even if your method of getting there involves something a bit tricky you'd have to roll for, I've got nothing to roll against you. The police and SHIELD vehicles are obvious choices, but if you have a more creative idea in mind that makes sense, feel free to run with it.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Wolverine

Hoo boy. This is gonna be fun. Gotta focus here; might not be light, but I can still hear and smell just fine, and Waterboy here ain't got a nose or ears nearly good as mine. Claws come out *snikt* and I slash at him a bit; ain't really gonna do damage, but I figure havin' adamantium blades pass through ya ain't gonna feel good even if you're made of water - should put him off his game, at least. Then it's a matter of coughin' him up - not a simple matter, since he's about as strong as me, but he's nowhere near as tough, he'll get tired long 'fore I do. Besides, he's fightin' blind.
    Power point to use Superhuman Senses and avoid the dark.
    Godlike Stamina, Hydro-Man's Emotional Stress, Solo, Best There Is, Adamantium Claws, Combat Master, Very Dark: 2d12+3d10+d8+d6=7, 6, 7, 4, 7, 2, 6. Using another power point to get 21 total with d12 effect, which should work just fine

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Spider-Man

Launching himself off of the roof Spider-Man clings to the underside of the SHIELD helicopter. As he and the aircraft approach the prison he allows his spider sense to guide him towards any sign of trouble below.
    My dice pool is going to include Enhanced Senses d8, and Solo d8.

Spider Sense 2d8 = 7 and the effect die is a d8

I assumee I didn't need to roll to snag a ride on the chopper, but I can do so if you want boss.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Nightcrawler

"Too soon, I'm afraid, Miss Walters"

Karla Sofen, aka Moonstone, steps forward, out of her cell. Her right hand glows as her powers come back to her, the light on her collar blinking red. The faint glow illuminates her face ever so slightly. She looks a bit dazed, the look in her eyes indicating that the lights may not all be on up there right now. She giggles, and licks her lips.

"You're the reason I'm in here. Can't not take this chance, little girl."

Jen smiles, confident in the face of her cousin's old foe.

"I hate to break it to you, Dr. Sofen, but I'm not so helpless anymore either. Don't make me angry, Karla. You wouldn't like me when..."

Jennifer pauses, then looks over at Nightcrawler, biting her lip.

"So, um, Kurt? My collar is still on."

Sofen laughs, and raises her hand towards the two of them.

"Too bad."
    Moonstone actually has higher reflexes than Kurt. But, since she is a bit high and all, I'm gonna let Nightcrawler go first. Scene distinctions are Drugged and Maze of Hallways. Very Dark is a d6 scene complication. Like I said before, you can spend a power point to ignore the complication with your senses for the scene.

• Options
    Wolverine

Logan's flurry is somehow enough to break apart the stream. Guess adamantium really can slice up anything. Hydro-Man can't believe it.

"What?! That was WATER. You can't cut WATER!!! I didn't sign up for this! That's not fair!"
    Leave it to Wolverine to stop himself from drowning by flailing his claws at water.

All right, your turn to go on the offensive. 1pp left for you with nothing in the doom pool for me. Something tells me this won't be pretty