As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mechwarrior Online: THIS IS THE OLD THREAD. GO AWAY!

19495969798100»

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Yeah, new camo is a three-tone top/middle/bottom scheme. Ugly as all get-out, but kind of makes me want to make a Neapolitan mech scheme.

And the GSR... Anecdotal but beautiful. First game I drop in where the enemy has a Raven and Commando. I saw the Raven on sensors twice: Once pristine, once after running through enemy fire with both side torsos wide open, then someone blew it up. The Commando was somewhat damaged, ran through my firing arc. Three LLas amputated its leg, and my next shot blew it to bits.

i can taste the tears! cant wait to play tonight!

kx3klFE.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Two equally skilled players facing off with identical mechs that aren't ballistic/SRM boats will have a fight that favors the guy running coolant flush.
    FTFY

Because there are always those weird assholes like me that make annoyingly cool running mechs because I absolutely hate high heat builds and avoid them like the plague.
    I'm not dismissing your concerns, just pointing out that a) we have no idea yet if coolant flush (or consumables in general) will really have any functional affect on balance and b) balance isn't even a real thing yet. I like some doom as much the next guy, but I'm saying at least until we actually see the stuff before we start calling "dooooomed!"

And let's not forget that PGI completely rejiggered their camo system from something horrible into something that's pretty slick AND refunded everyone when they did it. PGI has at least proven that they're willing to go back and fix their fuckups in stellar fashion.

EDIT: And I'm making a new thread. Standby!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    so with lights actually being able to be killed again... what roll/purpose will they have in game?

kx3klFE.png
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    - Host state rewinding is now implemented for instant fire weapons (i.e. lasers, machine guns, flamers); meaning you should now be able to hit moving targets with these weapons even when experiencing latency up to ~450 ms.

Notice PPC, ballistics and missiles are not covered by this yet? You need a laser boat to kill lights with lag armor.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Haven't played a real game yet, but playing the 'training grounds' made me really kind of sad... i was actually one-shotting lights with my 4LL build and almost insta-coring heavies...

If this rewind thing can get me close to that with my 250ping, i will be insanely happy.

Edit: Oh hey, also to note: you have to select 'training grounds' each time, i just launched into a normal game with my Splat cat, felt alittle bad...

Oh god, the splat-cat, without lag, is even worse... i one shot a commando from 140m and two-shot an atlas *Centre torso* also two-shot (may aswell have been one-shot, he was down to red internals everywhere) a Jenner from *maximum* range (270m) :wtc:

Obviously this is all on stationary mechs, but its still very telling.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png