As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HOUSE OF THE DYING SUN | Formerly ENEMY STARFIGHTER | Early Access """June""" 7

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    In fairness, it wasn't always an orange background.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I really hope this has full joystick support.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    It would be pretty wacky if it didn't. Why anyone would go through the trouble of making such a niche, hardcore sort of game and then not make it work with joysticks would be beyond me.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    A keen sense of humor?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    A keen sense of humor?

The most labor intensive troll of all time.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Get the amber space out of my sight

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    This looks VERY cool. Color me super interested.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SmagglerSmaggler Registered User regular
    Definitely watching this one, have been craving a good homeworld/scifi flight sim crossover for a long long time.

• Options
    VoranthVoranth MI NOMBRE, POR CIERTO ES DONTÉ!Registered User regular
    From twitter:

pa5RYiK.gif

camo_sig2.png
    PS4: Voranth
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Hnnng. That is pretty.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    You're fighting pretty close to a sun there, that might have something to do with the color.

• Options
    Between Squadron 42 and this I think I will be able to die happy in a few years after having played both. This is looking so good.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

Which is another quality game that everyone here should play like right the fuck now.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Voranth wrote: »
    From twitter:

[img]htp://i.imgur.com/pa5RYiK.gif[/img]

I love that gun camera.
    Error wrote: »
    You're fighting pretty close to a sun there, that might have something to do with the color.

Nah. Outside of an atmosphere only the star itself would glow.

Plus there's no way of actually knowing the distance to the star since we don't know how big it is.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Voranth wrote: »
    From twitter:

pa5RYiK.gif

God damn!

Talk about a renaissance in gaming!

Chris Roberts, David Braben, plus the other Kickstarters like Infinite Space... we're getting serious space sims again, serious RPGs...

Casual and AAA be damned, another golden age has dawned, methinks.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    HOW IS IT THAT EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME MAKES ME WANT IT MORE

SURELY THERE IS SOME LIMIT

nRBjC9J.jpg

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Which is another quality game that everyone here should play like right the fuck now.

Speaking of, Flotilla is currently 50% off because of the massive indie game sale on Steam.

I'm really bad at space sims. But they're so damn cool. Enemy Starfighter has my money the moment I can pay for it.

Just from these gifs and screens.

• Options
    HOW IS IT THAT EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME MAKES ME WANT IT MORE

SURELY THERE IS SOME LIMIT

nRBjC9J.jpg
    Ahhhh, you don't get a tracking picture on the enemy until you can see him. That static effect is neat!

I want this game naaaaaaaaooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    I would buy this game.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I am not normally one to get excited about vidya games, but "x-wing + homeworld" sounds fantastic and if this game delivers it can have all of my money.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    ohhhhh gaaaaawd yessssss that gif maaaan

• Options
    Awwwww yissssss.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I just realised the rubble in the second gif is the broken up remnants of the big ship in the first gif.
    I'm an idiot and also I need new pants.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    As always, heavily WIP:

bsM80Zx.gif

0WiZRtO.gif

• Options
    Also an update on the game's progress including information about lead reticles, which features this picture:

iYTpoKb6QA02b.gif

• Options
    Also an update on the game's progress including information about lead reticles, which features this picture:

iYTpoKb6QA02b.gif
    Oh man that is beautiful and how I had always thought lead reticles should work. It just looks so much more like what you'd expect to see as part of a futuristic HUD.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    This game is running out of boxes to tick on the list of SHIT I DEEM AWESOME. The big ship tearing itself apart is so damn cool.

• Options
    GlocjtGlocjt catstronaut in spaaace.Registered User regular
    Hnngggg.

Also, that's how lead reticles in modern HUDs currently work. :)

• Options
    Glocjt wrote: »
    Hnngggg.

Also, that's how lead reticles in modern HUDs currently work. :)

Oh neat. I was always an IL-2 kinda guy so I don't really know much about more modern plane tech.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    VoranthVoranth MI NOMBRE, POR CIERTO ES DONTÉ!Registered User regular
    "A disabled capital ship shoots down a volley of incoming torpedoes while fighters duke it out."

Jm2Cin1.gif

camo_sig2.png
    PS4: Voranth
  • Options
    That lead indicator gives me some serious DCS A-10 flashbacks.

That's a good thing.

• Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    I didn't like sprite based spaceships back when it was Wing Commander vs X-Wing in the '90s and I don't like them today, unfortunately, but the more space sims the better!

• Options
    I didn't like sprite based spaceships back when it was Wing Commander vs X-Wing in the '90s and I don't like them today, unfortunately, but the more space sims the better!

They're all complex 3d models given intentional sprite looking textures. It's definitely gonna end up being a niche game for people who grew up with those old games and want to take a trip down memory lane, only with modern fancy effects.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    No, the capital ships are models whereas the enemy fighters are sprites.

• Options
    Wings of Saint Nazaire looks neat, too!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    As a side note, if your into this sort of thing don't forget X3 - Albion Prelude. Its the most robust space sim game/sandbox I have played. Still a very active community doing modding so it doesn't really get stale.

About the only problem I have with it is no subsystem targeting. At least it didn't last I played.

• Options
    That reminds me, I finally bought a joystick so I could play A-10, that means I should go buy Freespace 2 and get that texture pack as well.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    i still need to play through Freespace again since I got a TrackIR