Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E] Aundair? I hardly knew 'er! (IC Thread)

GatsbyGatsby You come at the NidokingYou best not missRegistered User regular
edited May 2013 in Critical Failures
GeV22fd.jpg

Sharn! City of Towers, the cliff-side jewel of Breland, economic and transportation capital as well as gateway to the rest of the continent of Khorvaire.

Welcome to our humble PBP, I'm Gatsby and I'll of course be your DM. Just some housekeeping to get things out of the way and so we can keep things neat and tidy as well as easy to comprehend throughout the game. We'll be using Orokos and Myth-Weavers for character sheets, while using Orokos or Invisible Castle for dice rolls.

*When rolling dice, please put "PA Badge Patrol" and your character name in the necessary fields for each roll*

It makes things easy to keep track of and search for dice rolls.

This is our IC thread, keep OOC chat within the necessary thread, however if comment must be made that is not IC keep it in spoilers and use mark it beforehand so it's easily noticeable.

Regarding how often you're expected to post, at the very minimum just once a day. If you're busy or time difference is an issue, I of course completely understand and there's no real penalty for delaying any response. That being said, however, to maintain the flow of roleplaying and combat if there is no response to any situation that involves you or the group, after a full day/day-and-a-half of waiting, I will continue on. If something prevents you from making such a post, let me know and I'll be more than happy to edit a post accordingly to take into account whatever actions you may have taken, depending on the situation itself. I'll also be including short intros for every party member here, just to help keep track of things.

These descriptions are OOC, so while you may know some details your characters will still have to discover these things on their own.

With combat, I will post the stats of present enemies (HP, AC, Fort, etc.) within spoilers. I will also be colour-coding tokens so you don't mistakenly use a daily on a minion. The code will be as follows:

Red for minions
Blue for standard enemies
Yellow for elites
Purple for solos

When it comes to player characters, you will be marked in Green while NPCs will be depicted in Dark Grey.

Also we'll be using a system I've come to like, simply because it keeps things clear and transparent, when it comes to dice rolls and actions: Declare what you will be doing and what kind of action that requires in ORANGE text; attack rolls in RED text, within spoilers as well, and outside of spoilers write in GREEN text who is on next. I'd like to give credit to TiamatZ and Talonrazor for giving me this idea. In case no one has this thread bookmarked, which I recommend doing so, please also "@" them just to be sure. Here's an example from another game I'm in how this should be formatted:
Spoiler:

As a first-time DM, I know I'll make mistakes here and there, so if I get something wrong don't be afraid to call me out on it. The most important thing is that everyone has fun, and everyone gets along well.

With that out of the way, let's introduce our players!


Act 1: Follow the Rails

Welcome, officers of the Sharn Watch. You have received the honour of being inducted into the respected law enforcement branch that is our humble organisation. Congratulations on meeting our high expectations and graduating from our cadet program. As an officer of the Watch, you will be expected to guard every citizen, every denizen, and every innocent being that resides within our beautiful city. You are a role model to young ones, a guiding force to equals, you serve the people and seek to ensure their protection from all scum and villainy. Make no mistake, your duty is not an easy one. Crime is but an organic part of any city, what sets each metropolis apart however is how quickly and how efficiently it is dealt with. Through your actions and investigations it will be made sure you uphold the good name of the Watch. So with that, we wish you all the best of luck and remember our official motto: We Are Watching.

oristoktoken_zps9a7ae65d.png @Huntera as Oristok of Droaam - A tinkerer and strategist, Oristok hails from the far lands of The Khraal. Feeling slighted and unappreciated for his intellect, and comparative lack of physical strength and prowess, he has relocated to more civilised land. In Sharn he hopes to earn his keep with his mind and flair for ingenuity, joining the Watch as a way to put such skills to good use.

emmahk_zps4d3a170d.png @Dichotomy as Emmahk - With no more official quests or commanders, no home nor roots. Emmahk, as a soldier during the final gasp of The Last War, is a warrior without a battlefield. She has now travelled the Sharn, hoping to find direction, stability, and overall structure to her life by joining the Watch. It is there she will try her best to carve a niche for herself, and use her newfound authority to do what she believes is right. No matter the cost.

feldtoken_zps597a70f8.png @Antimatter as Feld - Like all Changelings, Feld is used to residing in the alcoves and wings of the world. Secretive and aloof are but inherent traits, but make no mistake he holds no ill will unless with good reason. Because of his history, skill as an investigator, and enigmatic nature, the Watch has seen fit to keep Feld's identity under wraps. Trust is not so easily earned by someone, when they've felt like hunted prey for so long.

rielatoken_zps0df69275.png @interrobang as Riela Seran - Members of the Silver Flame are not scarce, however ones within alternate organisations of authority are not quite as common. Riela is one of these few dedicated members of the religion within the Watch, her family history of contributing to the authorities in both a monetary and voluntary fashion a well-known fact. However this young woman does not seek privileges and nepotism, as a professional all she wants is justice brought forth fair and square.

holly_zpscd5f67b3.png @Melding as Holly Darkseeker - Daughter of a retired adventurer. Daughter of a noble she has never met. Daughter to the Tieflings, and daughter of a human. It is not to hard to see that Holly is caught in the middle of two very distinct worlds. Rebellious and headstrong, with a strong sword arm to boot, Holly has come to Sharn to make a name for herself. Taking on her mother's maiden name and joining the Watch are but Step One and Two of her adventuring career. Step Three and then some are still up in the air.

dirk_zpsbf522665.png @Solar as Dirk Steel - Being a guard in the Watch, mopping up the streets of crime, earning a steady and average living through honest work. These are some of the core principles Dirk grew up believing in. He's no adventurer, he's just an officer of the law doing his job. However recently he's begun to imagine more, a different path for him, one that with more risk yet much more extravagant reward. All it takes is one action to kick that into gear, the hardest part is following through and taking the plunge.

Gatsby on
nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
Steam ID
Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
Antimatter
«13456764

Posts

  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    cdl1HAN.jpg
    UmItxov.jpg

    Snow falls gently. The sun struggles to shine through the haze and fog of the city, the pin cushion of spires that make up Sharn only enhance the gleaming beams that bounce off every iridescent surface. We focus on a lone lightning rail train, one of the few that run during such conditions, ferrying the hunched over, cloak-encased civilians trundling through the city. This particular train is a simple eight carriage service, merely a way from one point to another with the least amount of fuss or fancy. Especially for a district such as this, Lower Tavick's Landing.

    Here the refugees from The Last War continue to live, while numbers have dropped over the past year the lack of affordable housing and strong political and social opposition towards their presence has kept them in a pseudo-purgatory. It is here your precinct, Black Arch, resides as you monitor all activity in the area. Due to the increase in train robberies the Watch has grown more and more paranoid about the possibility of more to come. With little to no support from the Red Batallion or the Council, as a covering measure the Watch has loosened its more stringent entry requirements as well as increasing the number of guards on trains and at stations. Another sector within the organisation has also been formed, a small voluntary task force devoted entirely to Lightning Rail authority. These "Rail Marshalls" operate without uniforms, in plain-clothes, scattered on different trains throughout all of Sharn. Many of these officers have no one precinct they report to, as their jurisdiction allows them access to anywhere there's a station and connecting tracks. Despite this they do not rank higher, not do they have any more resources than standard members of the Watch.

    As your train pulls into the station you all pile on, swapping places with the current contingent of guards which consists of a five-person team lead by a Corporal. Bunched up in winter coats as the cold season has begun to hit Khorvaire, you politely make your way as a group past the few citizens who have bothered to come out of their homes today. Once past the nondescript groups of quiet and heavily-cloaked civilians, you find yourself inside a cozy yet spartan carriage, specially designed for guards such as yourselves. There is a single table with five chairs in the center, bolted down to the floor, with a handful of other chairs scattered around and a solitary lounge. Two bathrooms are connected and you find the only entertainment is a small pitcher of ale, enough to keep you warm but not get you drunk, plus a single deck of cards. It's nothing special, but you're meant to keep your wits about you and senses keen for any danger.

    You find yourselves struggling to overcome the cold seeping through the brass and steel once the train starts moving. Its engine hums, crackles, then roars to life again as it slowly picks up speed. Light snowfall streaks across the four windows in your carriage, as you begin to make your way to the last stop of Lower Tavick's Landing, before moving upwards to the Middle district. Your team leader, one Corporal Davin, paces to and fro before you as a runner checks with him occasionally before darting back into the next carriage over. Standard procedure, it seems, nothing apparently unusual. Today isn't the typical trip for the guard contingent. Apparently there's been a tip off to the Watch that another rail line will be hit today, but rumours are it will be in the Upper Menthis Plateau district. It makes sense, that's the entertainment hub of Sharn, where all the action happens. Currently the contingent consists of Holly, Oristok, Emmahk, and Dirk along with Davin.



    As you see the Watch guards pass you by, a sigh of relief is given by the both of you, Riela and Feld. As newly minted Rail Marshalls you can't afford to have your cover compromised, especially after the recent string of hijackings. However the coast isn't truly clear until you see the door of the guard compartment close fully, letting the two of you resume scanning the thin crowd of people entering the carriage, sitting across the aisle from one another. Many of them are clad in cloaks and hoods, however this seems necessary due to the cold weather outside and even inside the train itself. They also seem to be sitting in two of three groups, yet never quite chatting with each other, more murmuring as they remain huddled, the only sign of their conversations being the visible air from their comparatively warm breath.

    A shared look is given between the two of you, but hunches are just that, no point in arresting such unworthy activity just because of suspicion, and no point in calling attention to yourselves by investigating further. However that niggling sensation any good investigator has prickles at the sight of cloaked groups in a confined space. You only hope that the recent tip-off about an Upper Menthis train being hijacked have more weight behind them. Once the train begins picking up speed the sound of the wind outside and the engine churning along provide you with an opportunity to discuss the situation without drawing attention to yourselves.

    OOC:
    Spoiler:

    Gatsby on
    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
    AntimatterMeldingHunteraTheRoadVirus
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    "I don't know about you, Riela, but I'm quite pleased to work a job where uniforms aren't required. I prefer to express myself."

    Feld is dressed in an ostentatious poncho and scarf, wearing a fur-lined hat.

    Antimatter on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Matt Uelmen - Ice Caves

    Emmahk ducks slightly and twists her shoulders as she steps through the carriage door, offering her compatriots a slight smile and curt bow before moving to stand at one of the windows overlooking the view of Lower Tavick's Landing. Her coat, which from the looks of it is a size too small, hangs open, and her head is bare. She clasps her hands behind her back and silently surveys the slum below.

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Holly takes a seat away from the group, deciding that's likely for the best. Rapping on her seat as she quickly grows anxious she grabs her deck of cards and leans over to the passenger next to her.

    "Hey buddy, what can i deal you in for?" she gives the guy a grin as she shuffles the cards.

    Melding on
  • HunteraHuntera ha ha ha ha!Registered User regular
    Oristok hasn't ever been much for conversation so he pulls his hood down slightly; people are agitated enough as is without there being a Hobgoblin in their midst.

    He spends his time staring out the window at his recently obtained home, only ever turning his head to take a close inspection of the runner as he comes in.
    Spoiler:

    HKtarlg.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Dirk leans back in his chair, wrapping his father's old cold weather cloak around him to keep out the biting draft. With the rest of them keeping an eye out, there was no need for him to be on edge. You didn't survive long in the watch without at least trusting in the ability of your comrades to, well, watch. Periodically, the young man eases his sheathed sword and swivels at the hips, making sure that his armour and weapons remained in good service despite the cold. Though he was hoping not to have to use them, you never knew, and with that tip on the hit they might be closer to action than any guard liked.

    He didn't know these other guards. They seemed tough enough, though, and at least there were no chattering rookies. Some peace and quiet was always welcome. That said, Davin's constant pacing was a little annoying. He wished the Corporal would just sit down rather than striding around, boots clanking on the train's deck. But he seemed edgy, so Dirk said nothing. Never paid to speak to edgy corporals.

    Solar on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Emmahk sighs, turning and bringing her hands together with a clap. "Well! I had hoped that someone of a more genial nature might speak first," she says, "but as it seems the rest of you are more inclined to silence, I suppose that burden falls to me."

    Her eyes dart around the room, the rest of her unmoving. "Well? We can hardly expect to work together if we can't even speak to each other."

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    There was silence for a few moments. "Well, what do you want to talk about?" Dirk replied, his voice muffled by his thick scarf. "I mean, I'm game for talking if you want but you gotta present a conversation topic." He shifted again, swiveling his waist almost automatically, and then smiled a little. "Or we could talk about the weather. It's bloody cold, is what it is."

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Holly starts dealing out a game of solitaire "I'm not so sure. When i started my assigned partner never talked to me. Yelled enough, but talking didn't seem his style." She glowers at the cards in front of her, putting them away.

    "So, do you want to go around, saying your name, a hobby you have, maybe your favourite food or do you have something else in mind?"

  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    "Cold? I didn't notice, cold doesn't tend to bother me. Perhaps there's a white dragon in the family tree." Emmahk winks.

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    Oristok, you can't quite understand what Corporal Davin is doing conversing with such a man. The runner is not in uniform, is not the train conductor, and no Marshall would blow their cover. Unfortunately you are distracted by the lurch of the train as it suddenly takes a sharp left. This is odd in itself, seeing as the next stop is a straight path directly from the last, especially with the fact that no announcement is given.

    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Emmahk stumbles and catches herself against the wall as the train turns. She leans and takes a look out the window.
    Spoiler:

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    Emmahk, as the train takes a change of route you notice that you seem to be heading west now, instead of further up north. Leaving the residential area you find yourself more within the entertainment quarter as the train passes by bars, hotels, and the odd stage show performance. This route is familiar to you all, it can only mean one thing: Your train is heading towards Menthis Plateau. And it's speeding up.

    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    The Tiefling stands up, eyeing around "You all felt that, right? One of us should probably go check that out." She says as she is already heading towards the door before realizing she should probably ask permission.

    "right Corporal?" she asks halfheartedly, intent on checking out the operator anyway.

  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Even when out of uniform and ostensibly undercover, Riela carries herself with the rigidity and decorum expected of a police officer; the very act of maintaining a low profile seems to be causing her physical discomfort, and it's entirely possible that the only thing keeping her incognito at all is how plain she looks in comparison to Feld's absurd costume. Dressed from head to toe in the roughspun trappings of a servant or beggar, she stands beside her partner with her arms folded across her chest, picking at a loose thread on her sleeve.

    "Clearly." She offers him a sidelong glance, her expression frozen in an inscrutable mask, as though her brain's too caught up deciding whether she should laugh or bury her face in her hands to actually do either. "Never let it be said you don't have fun at work, Feld." Riela turns her attention back to the hooded group and purses her lips, studying them as discretely as she can manage... although the swaying of the car isn't doing much for her concentration.
    Spoiler:

    Antimatter
  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    Holly, Davin looks surprised at your request, broken from his intense focus on whatever his mind has lingered on.

    "Negative, guard. Simple route switch, command told me about it earlier, it's a little detour we'll be back on track before you know it," pursing his lips together, the Corporal takes a moment before addressing the rest of the contingent. "I need to discuss this detour with the conductor and possibly Head-Artificer. I feel like we shouldn't be going this fast. Stay right here, I'll be back soon."

    With that, Davin steps out into the next carriage without another word.

    Riela, you notice nothing much else about the cloaked figures. That is, until the team leader of the guard contingent steps inside your carriage. Everybody else in the carriage tenses up and their posture stiffens. No real probable cause yet, still, but it's not helping their chances. Civilians see guards every day, they're simply citizens with a particular job. And while it's perfectly acceptable to be uncomfortable with such an imposing member of the Watch striding past you on a train, especially with the string of railway robberies, the fact that they all simultaneously tensed up is incredibly suspicious.

    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Holly flops down into her seat watching Davin leave, muttering to herself softly.

    "Well, at least we don't have him tensing up the room for a little bit"

  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Emmahk waits until the Corporal is out of earshot.

    "Never let it be said that I'm the suspicious type," she says quietly, "but looking out that window, it's plain as the noses on your faces that this route change is taking us to the Menthis Plateau- precisely towards where this rumored tipoff said the next attack was going to take place."

    Emmahk's claw tucks her open coat behind the haft of a flail hanging from her belt. "This is a passenger train. Why would it have an unannounced route change- and why would that change be kept from the guards on duty?"

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    When Davin enters the car, it takes every ounce of willpower she's got not to snap to attention and salute; habits die hard, and a superior officer is a superior officer. Riela screws up her face, furrowing her brow and wrinkling her nose, but she says and does nothing. She can't afford to make a scene over something as simple as hoods... and if there was any reason to suspect foul play surely the corporal would have acted first, wouldn't he?

    "Feld." She gingerly nudges him in the side with her bony elbow, and nods in the direction of the cloaked group. "Help me keep an eye on them." Riela shifts on her heels and purses her lips, swallowing to alleviate her throat, which has gone dry from nervous tension. Everything about this is putting her on pins and needles. She feels inertia pull her back into the wall behind her, and her stomach tightens. Why are they accelerating? "Feld," she repeats, looking up at him. Her expression is that of deep concern.

  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    "Jehoshaphat, I'm looking." Feld adjusts his hat so he can look and listen better.
    Spoiler:

    "They won't escape my notice, Riela." Feld whispers.

  • HunteraHuntera ha ha ha ha!Registered User regular
    "This has the makings of a bad day; we may not exactly be the golden boys of the Watch but this seems like something they'd brief us about."

    Oristok gets up and checks his mixtures to make certain they're all in order; something fishy is going down.

    "Do we have any idea how the robberies started on the other trains? Did they catch the Watch flat-footed?"

    HKtarlg.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Emmahk smiles, or at least as close as a dragonborn can get. "Haven't you read the papers? I should think the Watch was caught flat-footed, they've all been killed in every 'robbery' so far committed. It almost leads one to think that killing guards is the true purpose of these attacks."

    She preens, picking at the claws of one hand with the claws of the other. "Unless, of course, someone with considerable influence is using these trains to move interesting goods secretly, and somebody else has caught on."

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    Before any more consideration can be given to the possible motives of the bandits, screams are heard coming from the carriages up-front.


    Before they can react the previously cloaked figures throw back their hoods and stand at once. One of them throws a dagger at a lantern hanging from the ceiling, no doubt to garner the attention of those on-board. It's the usual modus operandi for rail robbers, they draw attention by hitting the lights and no doubt there are bandits doing this throughout the train. The few civilians who are passing through carriages witness this and bolt into the guard compartment without hesitation. The bandits all draw and ready their weapons, eyes glinting with menace along with their blades.

    "You two! Stay down, we don't want any innocent bystanders getting in the way!" One ruffian shouts to the two of you. The plain-clothes ruse has worked. "Keep your arses on your seats and no one like yourselves has to get a sword in the gut!"


    Three civilians burst into your security compartment, terrified and screaming. Before you can ask they say that bandits have taken over the carriage up front and that there are two others stuck back there in between the groups of thugs. Keeping them calm, you tell the citizens to lock themselves in the carriage so that no one else gets in. With weapons drawn and badges at the ready, you burst into the carriage ready for a fight.

    ROLL INITIATIVE

    Battle Map:
    Spoiler:

    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Now Playing: Parov Stelar - Catgroove
    Feld is, for whatever reason, unsurprisable. This has been helpful to him before he joined the Watch, and it continues to aid him now. He subtly pulls out a silver sphere, and unfolds it into a staff that crackles with energy.
    Spoiler:

    Antimatter on
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Riela doesn't panic. Her heart rate is through the roof, but the adrenaline in her veins has elevated her to a trance-like state of battle readiness. She rises to her feet, reaches into a hidden pocket and retrieves her talisman, tucking the silver arrowhead into the palm of her hand.
    Spoiler:

    interrobang on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Emmahk is first out the door of the security compartment, moving with surprising alacrity for her bulk. She regards the would-be hijackers with impassive features.
    Spoiler:

    0BnD8l3.gif
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Holly stretches and stands up, calling her sword over from a bit a ways landing gracefully in her hand before finally standing up "So, we should probably form a plan"

  • HunteraHuntera ha ha ha ha!Registered User regular
    Oristok hastily draws his crossbow, and slots a magazine; this scum isn't going to get the jump on them like they have the others.
    Spoiler:

    HKtarlg.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Dirk leaps up to his feet, holding his halberd low and steady in the confined carriage space. "Plan's simple. Protect the civvies, take down the perps any way we can. Let's move!"
    Spoiler:

  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Encounter One: Railway Robbery!

    Round One!

    Map:
    Spoiler:

    Stats:
    Spoiler:

    Initiative:
    Spoiler:

    OOC:
    Spoiler:

    Gatsby on
    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    Now Playing: Parov Stelar - Catgroove
    Feld twirls around his staff while striding forward, and brings it down with a crack on the bandit in front of him. "I am a good citizen, and I want no part in this! Guards! Guards!"
    Spoiler:

    Gatsby
  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The bandit near the rear of the train is knocked down by the staff of Feld, a broken nose his prize as he falls into a train seat clasping his bloody face.

    "You little son of a..." he mutters as he struggles to stand up.

    Meanwhile near the other end, the other bandit lunges towards the group of guards, disregarding any tactics or plan. He swings wildly and lands a blow against Dirk, denting the officer's armour with his mace.

    Enemy actions:
    Spoiler:

    Map:
    Spoiler:

    Stats:
    Spoiler:

    Initiative:
    Spoiler:

    Up Next: Emmahk (@Dichotomy)

    Gatsby on
    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Emmahk steps up to and over a row of seats, her flail already a spinning blur, landing in the aisle with a thunderous crash. She offers the three goons in front of her a contemptuous look-

    -before turning and smashing her weapon into the bandit's back.
    Spoiler:

    "What do you think you're doing?!" Emmahk calls out to Feld and Riela. "Leave this to the Watch and get to safety!"

    Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    One of the goons near the rear of the carriage sees what appears to be a civilian on a full-frontal assault as a Dragonborn wielding a terrifying flail plants it directly in the lead bandit's back with a sickening, but not mortal, crunch. With that he panics and turns towards the other civilian, hoping by posing some danger to her, the guards will surrender. Unfortunately his club swings over her head by mere millimeters as Riel uses the train seat as cover.

    Meanwhile another bandit at the front of the carriage as the opposite reaction, bolting forward to help his wounded comrade as he lands a club swing right across Feld's poncho, dealing a glancing but altogether strong blow to the torso.

    The other goon behind the bandit recently assaulted by Emmahk has a similar reaction, taking advantage of the Dragonborn's placement as he thrusts forward, denting the armour and winding the draconic Watch guard.

    Enemy actions:
    Spoiler:

    Map:
    Spoiler:

    Stats:
    Spoiler:

    Initiative:
    Spoiler:

    Up Next: Riel (@interrobang) and Oristok (@Huntera)

    Gatsby on
    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • HunteraHuntera ha ha ha ha!Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Moving out from behind his comrades, Oristok tosses Holly a special mixture he's concocted, "Here, miss, take this; it'll make their swords feel even duller than they are"
    With a smirk he pulls out his crossbow and aims at a goon, shot flying past his target through a window.
    Spoiler:

    Up next Riel @Interrobang

    Huntera on
    HKtarlg.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Riela tightens her grip around the bit of silver in her hand, feeling it grow hot against her palm, the edges of the metal biting into her skin. She raises her other arm to eye level and splays out her fingers; three needles of light, as thin as wire and blisteringly hot, leap from the tips of her digits and rocket in separate directions.

    Two of them catch a pair of hijackers in the heart and the throat, respectively, and the thugs drop to the floor of the car in a heap. The third goes wide, and pierces through a pane of glass before dissipating. Riela curses under her breath and ducks into the aisle, moving towards the front of the car to assist Feld.
    Spoiler:

    Up Next: Goon (O4) @Gatsby

  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    The goon at the front of the carriage sees the apparent-civilian strike down two of his mates, causing him to charge forward, trying his best to get a good shot in. However he swings wide, his club colliding with a wall, taking a chunk of wood out.

    Enemy actions:
    Spoiler:

    Stats:
    Spoiler:

    Initiative:
    Spoiler:

    Up next: Dirk, @Solar

    Gatsby on
    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The bandit attacking him had already gone down, so Dirk pushed the attack, moving up next to the Dragonborn guard who seemed to be battling a couple of foes. "No sleep for the wicked, he?" He shouted to her, while attempting to run one of the Ruffians through.
    Spoiler:

  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    As Dirk tries to spear a bandit through with his halberd, the goon flanking Emmahk takes the opportunity to clock the Dragonborn over her back with his club.

    "You don't scare me, guard!" He shouts, as his swing connects, a clang of armour resonating throughout the carriage.

    Enemy actions:
    Spoiler:

    Map:
    Spoiler:

    Stats:
    Spoiler:

    Initiative:
    Spoiler:

    Up next: Holly, @Melding

    Gatsby on
    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Holly sees the armoured tank getting surrounded and slides in next to her, putting herself in not the best place, but she can take it. then, with a glowing grace swings her sword in a crescent, missing the weedier looking mook, but hitting the other guy square in the chest. "hm, that, could have worked better." she muses, with a shrug, waving her oepn hand at one she missed.
    Spoiler:

    Melding on
    Geth
«13456764
Sign In or Register to comment.