As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Everyone loves Singed.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    The question is, speaking as someone who is ALSO a terrible jungler. Why are more people not playing Shaco, Jax or Sejuani. Even I can jungle those 3.

Because playing Shaco makes you one of THOSE people, Jax has a higher skill ceiling than first impression, and... well sejuani has a bad rep, but seems to be much better s3 so i cant explain that one.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Pfft, Shaco's not that tricky. You just have to be constantly thinking 'if I was laning right now, what would be the last thing I want to happen to me?'

I think the real tricky aspect of Shaco isn't his jungling phase (gank shit all day 'eryday) it's the team fighting phase where Shaco should be starting to split push.

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    similar to what bunny said, when I play shaco and I look at the minimap every few seconds and think to myself--it's kind of a mantra--"how can I be the biggest asshole possible at this moment?"

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Hmmm maybe i've been going about this the wrong way.....

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Pro tip: If they have a mumu jungling. Your asshole moment should 90% of the time to be fucking with Mumu' shit. He can't stop you and it makes him cry.

• Options
    If they pick mummy jungle, grab nunu and eat his jungle all day.

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »
    If they pick mummy jungle, grab nunu and eat his jungle all day.

Yeah but grabbing nunu is not an effective way to play Shaco. :(

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

See Delph, this is because you're a reasonable person playing the game for everyones enjoyment.

Shaco isn't about everyones enjoyment. Shaco is about inflicting pain and misery and suffering on the opposition.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    So, 1-4 in my placement matches so far. Guess I am on the highway to elo hell.

• Options
    edited January 2013

See Delph, this is because you're a reasonable person playing the game for everyones enjoyment.

Shaco isn't about everyones enjoyment. Shaco is about inflicting pain and misery and suffering on the opposition.

Maybe I should play Shaco like I play Annie. Because I certainly get a lot closer to that mentality.

"Ok, I have a giant flaming bear ready, how can I introduce my bear to the enemy in the most friendly/devastating way possible?"

I may also say things like "Have you seen my bear tibbers!?" outloud while playing....

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Maybe I should play Shaco like I play Annie. Because I certainly get a lot closer to that mentality.

"Ok, I have a giant flaming bear ready, how can I introduce my bear to the enemy in the most friendly/devastating way possible?"

Yes, I mean, playing Shaco isn't too complex. It's mostly auto attacks and box placements. You have a lot of spare mental capacity to think of all the delicious ways to piss people off.

Naturally the most important thing to do after a successful gank is stand near the minion wave doing the worm.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »

Placement matches mean absolutely 0, don't stress about them. And there is no such thing as elo hell.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Considering that Elo hell is the place where you get bad players/ragers. Yeah, it doesn't exist. It's just a constant risk at any level of play.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Sampsen wrote: »

Placement matches mean absolutely 0, don't stress about them. And there is no such thing as elo hell.
    Mostly joking about the elo hell. In the last match our bot lane did not get top lane he wanted so he went master yi as our adc. Then fed 8 kills to the "support" akali during lane phase.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Hahaha, that sucks, but it's kind of funny.

I think people do that to convince themselves that they aren't 'bad' and only lost cause they are trolling. They are far more terrified of losing when actually trying.. even though a loss is a loss.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Considering that Elo hell is the place where you get bad players/ragers. Yeah, it doesn't exist. It's just a constant risk at any level of play.

trust me, as someone who reached the depth of Elo hell, it's trolls and afk'ers all the way up and down the ladder, until the turtles at least.

• Options

Mostly joking about that. In the last match our bot lane did not get top lane he wanted so he went master yi as our adc. Then fed 8 kills to the "support" akali during lane phase.

I don't know what level those matches are taking place at but I want in.

That sounds SO much more fun.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    One of my last matches our top instalocked Riven and then asked if Riven is AP or AD.

Then when he thought it was real neat that she didn't have mana I swear I thought he was fucking with us.

That was until he started feeding Darius a catered buffet.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Mostly joking about that. In the last match our bot lane did not get top lane he wanted so he went master yi as our adc. Then fed 8 kills to the "support" akali during lane phase.

I don't know what level those matches are taking place at but I want in.

That sounds SO much more fun.

First time doing ranked. I didn't bother last season because by the time I was level 30, it was during that "one week left" time. So the level is whatever that is. It started with no support at all bottom for them and two mid. Leaving their kog maw alone in lane against our yi and nunu. Then I guess mordekaiser persuaded akali to let him have solo mid, and she went bot and started stomping them. The mord mid made it hard to push and roam, so I couldn't get down to help as much as I wanted.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    similar to what bunny said, when I play shaco and I look at the minimap every few seconds and think to myself--it's kind of a mantra--"how can I be the biggest asshole possible at this moment?"

Strangely, this is the same thought process I have when I'm playing Teemo. "WHAT'S THE MOST DICK PLACE TO PUT A SHROOM RIGHT NOW?"

Every loss is a win in disguise! At sub 1200 Elo you can play anything you want and win. I would suggest picking a champion you know you're very strong with, and keep playing that champion until you climb back up.

• Options

i've got to say, i don't know why i don't see more blitz jungle (aside from perma ban). Yeh, first clear is slow. but the ganks, MY GOD THE GANKS.

Blitz jungle last night, Alistar support.... My god... the ganks.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Thresh is down to 6300 as of yesterday.

Is this the new standard? 7800 for the first week of release then 6300 for a couple years after? Or are the early purchasers going to get a refund?

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options

Is this the new standard? 7800 for the first week of release then 6300 for a couple years after? Or are the early purchasers going to get a refund?

New standard they are trying. Longer development time on champs, increased price to reflect extra time to earn IP, lowered after first installment to a lower price.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    And with every new champion they lower the price of an older champion. Something like with every 4th champion a 6300 gets dropped downa tier to 4800, a 4800 to 3150, etc.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Yeah so essentially while you'll need more IP to buy any champ first week you're getting a cheaper selection of champions over all. It's a plus for most people who don't own every champion (except urgot).

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Every champ release the oldest 6300->4800. Every three champs an extra reduction will take place too

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Every time they release a champ, the oldest 6300 drops to 4800; every third release a 4800 or lower champ will be dropped into a lower IP price.

Like Thresh's release lowered Yorick and Udyr's price, next release Leona goes to 4800.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-pricing-timing-changes
    Riot wrote:
    Moving forward, we’re targeting 14-17 new champions in 2013 -- around one every 3-4 weeks. [...] Every time a new champion is released, the oldest 6300 IP/975 RP champion will be reduced to 4800 IP/880 RP.

Also, with every third champion release, an additional champion currently priced at 4800 IP or lower will be reduced to the next lowest tier, based on age and ease of play. [...] All brand-new champions will cost 7800 IP/975 RP for the first week only, and will be reduced to 6300 IP thereafter.

Btw, quick math suggests that you need to average 257 IP a day in order to keep up with the proposed schedule.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    my last experience with segooni was killing her red as she watched, then killing her

• Options
    also, honestly, if you're familiar with the basics of jungling but want to get more into it and want to learn a lot about map awareness (and how hugely fucking important wards are), you should play shaco. a lot. you will be forced to learn, a sink or swim sort of thing. make a solo custom game a couple times and get the basic routes down so you can understand timings (note the game timer when you kill certain mobs, note the positioning of the enemy team in lane, and where was enemy jungler last seen etc etc)

when you get better at it you will have a good idea of where the enemy jungler is and wants to do, and can start doing counter jungling/ganking stuff, which is slightly trickier but it also registers a 8.2 on the asshole richter scale and as such is its own reward.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Sej was pretty decent prior to the nerf to AoE junglers. Now her terrible clears are even more terrible, and only get worse as the game goes along.

I don't know what happened to Jax, though. He seems to have fallen off the face of Runeterra.

• Options
    Also just got Thresh, how do chain warden?

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

ADC

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    I don't know what happened to Jax, though. He seems to have fallen off the face of Runeterra.

He didn't fall off, he jumped. He's trying to slingshot around the sun to build up enough speed to come back and just annihilate everything he lands on.

Let's face it, he's the Goddamn Batman of Runeterra. Give him enough time to prepare and he'll kill any and everything.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options

0/13/17

zone the fuck out of enemy lane, collect souls, get money.

ask your team before game starts if they know how to use your lantern, if they don't, tell them

just get a sense of when you should reactive a landed Q to throw yourself in or not. you can build like most supports build, you will be pretty damned tanky and can actually be a damned good initiator. all of thresh's skills (one reason I love him) can be used offensively and defensively

• Options
    So what you're saying is it's Lulu but as a tanky son of a bitch?

I can get behind that.

• Options

Step 1: Throw Chain.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit.

I am not a support player, I don't play one on TV, I don't pretend to know everything there is to know about supports.

But basically you have some decent mana costs, so you want to account for that. You want to play him similarly to Blitz, and your impending pull pressure is similar so use that to zone people out. You want to grab all the souls you can (Lantern can grab them at range if need be)

You pull works in a few ways. It is a 1.5 second Pull, which means you will have the person hooked for that long and pull them towards you in a couple tugs. (This is affected by tenacity) Your Pull cannot pull people through walls, but it will hold them against a wall for the duration of the pull. (This also works at point blank range, it will hold them against thresh for the duration)

After landing your Hook you can press Q again to dash to the enemy. This will stop the act of pulling them and deposit you right next to them.

His Lantern is pretty self explanatory, but incredibly useful. You can use it to shield yourself and allies (they just need to be within the circles range of the lantern) and you can use it to set up a gank (Throw it behind you and move in towards the enemy then have jungler/ally use it to get close) or use it to help someone escape (Throw lantern to failing teammate and they speed away to safety)

Your hook will hit minions, so you can use it to escape over walls into jungle camps.

His E is tricky to use, it's pretty short range but it's incredibly useful to stop a gank (Use it to push someone away) or to gank better) use it to pull someone towards you, this is especially useful after a mid range hook, which you then follow up with an ult to trap them)

The ult is good for ganking, and good used defensively to stop a gank in it's tracks.

Basically focus on control, you want to dictate the fight and move allies and enemies into positions of greater opportunity.

Build for Mana regen, aura, and magic resists as your latent Armor and AP are pretty solid form your passive. He gets pretty tanky so don't be afraid to be aggressive and force initiations and fights.

Max his Q for extra poke and trades, or max his Shield for more defensive lanes.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

See Delph, this right here is what I talking about. DO YOU FINALLY UNDERSTAND?!

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    God I wish I would've realized sooner that Fiora mid is the truth. Just destroyed a Diana in the worst way, ended up 9/1. Double dash, huge AS steroid, parry if they wanna AA harass you, and an ult that lets you tower dive easily? Yeaaaaaaah. Plus she really plays like a fencer, dashing in, putting on the hurt and disengaging. So fun. I played her a few times out of the jungle and that's cool too, but mid is even better.

This time my build went Bruta->Bloodthirster->BC and I liked it better. My level 11 ult with stacked BT and just bruta did like 40% of the enemy MF health in the first tick.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Fiora mid has always being my favourite. Do you max Q first? I'm convinced it's awesome but my friend insists on maxing parry for the AD.

This discussion has been closed.