As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Everyone loves Singed.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I thought Veigar got 5 AP from Baleful Strike passive when he kills a champ? Did that change at some point or am I insane?

Speaking of skins. I really want the Arcade Sona skin so when I have spare money I'm gonna grab it. I was sure it would be gone after PAX was done.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Maybe you need to keep silent about Silent Night Sona in order to get it. Just like Sona would.

butts
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Heimer got buffed.

That's a new one.

The turret targeting priority is huge - poke with wrench, and the turrets will zone them. Forever.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I thought Veigar got 5 AP from Baleful Strike passive when he kills a champ? Did that change at some point or am I insane?
    My guess is that they kept it a separate interaction. He gains one AP for any unit killed with his Q and it also has a passive gain of one per level if he kills a champ with it. Maybe they felt like being able to gain twelve AP for free was too good and didn't put it in.

butts
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    the thing that i don't get about the katarina nerfs is that they aren't nerfing her W even though that's what most people have been maxing on her????

• Options
    KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    also, seems like they're trying to cut down on the whole ranked "profiling" by loking-ing your teammates

don't enjoy the LP penalty to dodging ranked though. I get their point about cherry picking your promotion match ups or whatever, but there are some real trolls out there that you shouldn't have to put up with.

W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    the thing that i don't get about the katarina nerfs is that they aren't nerfing her W even though that's what most people have been maxing on her????

Maxing W is a high risk move you can be punished pretty hard for it so it's ok if it's worth the risk. Q however is very safe and therefore needs to be weaker to compensate.

I don't know many people who max W on her though.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Voyboy maxes W on Katarina for top, and the guides on solomid by dudes like Reginald max W as well.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Maxing W is a high risk move you can be punished pretty hard for it so it's ok if it's worth the risk. Q however is very safe and therefore needs to be weaker to compensate.

I don't know many people who max W on her though.

Not first, anyways. I usually do Q>E>W>R myself, because low CD on shunpo is huge.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    My guess is that they kept it a separate interaction. He gains one AP for any unit killed with his Q and it also has a passive gain of one per level if he kills a champ with it. Maybe they felt like being able to gain twelve AP for free was too good and didn't put it in.

The passive on Baleful Strikes is a build up for champ kills? So at rank 5 Veigar still gets 5 AP for killing a champ?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Voyboy maxes W on Katarina for top, and the guides on solomid by dudes like Reginald max W as well.

Ah I haven't run her top yet. I like maxing Q personally for the reasons stated above. That may change with this change we'll see :D

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Keep in mind that the popular Katarina build right now is to build a Warmog's first, and this will also affect skilling order.

Personally though with the increased MS from W and the damage reduction from shunpo I never really found poking with W a big deal.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    is this a cost-effectiveness nerf to zhonya's? 20 more AP but 310 more gold
    and it builds out of a different item (the new AP/armor thing instead of chain vest)

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    20 AP is worth 435g.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    20 AP is worth 435g.

that's a good + obvious point now that you say it

and with deathcap not getting any changes i'll probably just start ignoring the deathcap and building zhonya's in that slot on every mage...

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Really loving an armor AP item.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Woah, they've removed the mana regen from Nashor's Tooth?

This is a major nerf to attack speed Orianna. D:

• Options
    Ok, with rank 5 Baleful Strikes Veigar gets 5 AP for champ kills. So I wasn't imagining shit. Does this mean Veigar will get a total of 7 AP now if Veigar kills a champ with Baleful Strikes?

• Options
    It's actually a pretty solid nerf to Kayle right now, amusingly.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    QUESTION
    is spirit of the spectral wraith cost effective IGNORING THE JUNGLE STUFF with the new stats on it

bceause it looks nuts on junglers that use AP

• Options
    Playing Annie Bot with Thresh because I'm Annie and I don't care.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Ok, with rank 5 Baleful Strikes Veigar gets 5 AP for champ kills. So I wasn't imagining shit. Does this mean Veigar will get a total of 7 AP now if Veigar kills a champ with Baleful Strikes?

Since they said it doubled, it may be 2 ap for cannon minions and large monsters and 10 for champions

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Could somebody copy/paste the patch notes for those of us on work computers? Thanks :)

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    My interest in ranked has been piqued.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Could somebody copy/paste the patch notes for those of us on work computers? Thanks :)

No. Do some goddamn work.
    League System
    The League System has arrived for ranked play!
    Players and teams will now be placed into a League upon finishing their placement matches
    Leagues are assigned to a skill tier and are split into divisions, e.g. Gold IV
    Winning and losing matches will now cause you to gain and lose of League Points (LP)
    Advancing to 100 LP will now start a Division or Promotion Series
    Top players and teams can now advance to the Challenger tier, which is visible to all in the client
    Champion losses and win ratios will no longer be displayed to other players
    Elo ratings have been replaced by matchmaking ratings (MMR) which are no longer displayed
    The time penalties for queue dodging have been shortened and an LP penalty has been added

Annie
    Annie has received a visual upgrade! Click here for more details.

Blitzcrank
    Base mana reduced to 240 from 300
    Rocket Grab
    Mana cost increased to 120 from 110

Cho'Gath
    Feral Scream
    Silence duration reduced to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3

Diana
    Pale Cascade
    Adjusted orbs to better account for enemy model size

Elise
    Neurotoxin
    Mana cost increased to 80/85/90/95/100 from 60
    Cocoon
    Mana cost reduced to 50 from 65

Ezreal
    These changes are a continuation of our earlier effort to carefully scale back some of Ezreal’s excess power. Although these nerfs affect AP Ezreal, right now we’re focused on stabilizing AD Ezreal. After that we’ll assess the state of AP Ezreal.

Base movement speed reduced to 325 from 330
    Rising Spell Force
    Duration reduced to 5 seconds from 6
    Trueshot Barrage
    Damage falloff per target hit increased to 10% from 8%

Heimerdinger
    Though these aren’t all the Heimerdinger changes we’d eventually like to do, these are some quality of life adjustments that should help smooth out Heimer’s current gameplay.

H-28G Evolution Turrets
    Now displays timer of when Heimerdinger will get his next ammo charge
    Turrets will now attempt to prioritize enemies hit by Heimerdinger’s basic attacks or his CH-1 Concussion Grenade
    UPGRADE!!!
    Cast time removed

Katarina
    These changes are focused on once again increasing the risk of Katarina’s gameplay by forcing her to build more offensive stats and focus on pulling off well-timed Death Lotuses.

Bouncing Blades
    Initial damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
    Shunpo
    Damage reduction duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 3
    Death Lotus
    Total ability power ratio increased to 2.0 from 1.75

Kennen
    Slicing Maelstrom
    No longer has an energy cost

Lulu
    Pix, Faerie Companion
    Damage adjusted to 9-105 from 15-87

Master Yi
    Meditate
    Total heal amount increased to 200/350/500/650/800 from 140/280/420/560/700
    Total ability power ratio reduced to 2.0 from 4.0
    Mana cost reduced to 50/65/80/95/110 from 70/80/90/100/110

Miss Fortune
    Bullet Time
    Bonus attack damage ratio reduced to 0.35 from 0.45
    Targeting cone is now attached to Miss Fortune

Nasus
    Nasus now gains double the bonus from Siphoning Strike when it’s used to kill more significant (“large”) targets such as enemy champions, cannon minions, the giant wolf or even Baron Nashor. This change reinforces the game’s general reward structure, wherein more important units provide additional rewards.

Siphoning Strike
    Permanent damage bonus is now doubled to 6 when killing a champion, large minion or large monster

Nunu
    These changes are focused on forcing Nunu to play more actively in his support role by reducing the power he passively contributes to his allies.

Base movement speed increased to 350 from 340
    Blood Boil
    Duration reduced to 12 seconds from 15
    Attack speed bonus reduced to 25/30/35/40/45% from 25/35/45/55/65%
    Movement speed bonus reduced to 8/9/10/11/12% from 11/12/13/14/15%

Olaf
    Undertow
    Slow now fades over the duration
    Vicious Strikes
    Cooldown increased to 16 seconds from 12
    Ragnarok
    No longer passively grants bonus armor penetration
    Now only grants bonus armor penetration while active

Shaco
    Deceive
    Range reduced to 400 from 500
    Two-Shiv Poison
    Slow reduced at earlier ranks to 10/15/20/25/30% from 20/22.5/25/27.5/30%

Shen
    Ki Strike
    Cooldown reduction per attack reduced to 1 second from 1.5
    Cooldown reduction per attack while Feint is active reduced to 2 seconds from 3

Sion
    Sion now receives twice the bonus stats from Enrage when he uses it to kill more significant (“large”) targets such as enemy champions, cannon minions, the giant wolf or even Baron Nashor. This change reinforces the game’s general reward structure, wherein more important units provide additional rewards.

Enrage
    Permanent max health bonus is now doubled to 2/3/4/5/6 upon killing a champion, large minion or large monster

Tristana
    Rapid Fire
    Mana cost reduced to 50 from 80
    Explosive Shot
    Damage increased to 110/150/190/230/270 from 110/140/170/200/230

Tryndamere
    Base Attack Speed increased to 0.670 from 0.644
    Fury decay now begins after 8 seconds of being out of combat from 5 seconds

Veigar
    Veigar now receives twice the bonus stats from Baleful Strike when he uses it to kill more significant (“large”) targets such as enemy champions, cannon minions, the giant wolf or even Baron Nashor. This change reinforces the game’s general reward structure, wherein more important units provide additional rewards.

Baleful Strike
    Permanent ability power gain is now doubled to 2 when killing a champion, large minion, or large monster

Vi
    Updated Recommended Items
    Vault Breaker
    Fixed a bug where Vault Breaker's area of effect was inconsistent at the end area of the dash
    Fixed a bug where Improved Recall was refunding Vault Breaker's cooldown and mana cost
    Excessive Force
    Fixed a bug where Excessive Force could fire multiple times if used on an invulnerable target or while blinded

Volibear
    Volibear’s base attack speed was below average for an attack-based melee champion. This change helps address this deficiency and helps him clear the jungle.

Base attack speed increased to 0.658 from 0.625

Items

Seeker's Armguard (New Item)
    Recipe: Cloth Armor + Cloth Armor + Amplifying Tome + 125 gold = 1160 gold
    +30 armor
    +25 ability power
    Unique passive: Kills grant 0.5 bonus armor and ability power. This bonus stacks up to 30 times.
    Zhonya's Hourglass
    Recipe changed: Seeker's Armguard + Needlessly Large Rod + 650 gold = 3410 gold (from 3100)
    Ability Power increased to 120 from 100
    Sightstone
    These changes are to reduce the excessive amount of early vision teams can acquire with little cost. This should create more opportunities to gank and reward counter play, especially for junglers.

Recipe changed: Ruby Crystal + 475 gold = 950 gold (from 700)
    Health increased to 180 from 100
    Gold reward for Sightstone wards increased to 25 from 10
    Ruby Sightstone
    These changes are to reduce the excessive amount of early vision teams can acquire with little cost. This should create more opportunities to gank and reward counter play, especially for junglers.

Total cost increased to 1550 gold from 1300
    Health increased to 360 from 300
    Gold reward for Ruby Sightstone wards increased to 25 from 10
    Giant's Belt
    Health reduced to 380 from 400
    Warmog's Armor
    Recipe changed: Giant's Belt + Ruby Crystal + Rejuvenation Bead + Rejuvenation Bead = 2830 gold (from 2650)
    Sunfire Cape
    Combine cost increased to 930 gold from 780 (total cost increased to 2650 gold from 2500)
    Fiendish Codex
    This change allows Fiendish Codex and its various build paths to be more versatile and universally attractive for ability power champions.

Faerie Charm removed from recipe
    Total cost is now 820 gold from 1000
    No longer grants any mana regen
    Nashor's Tooth
    Combine cost reduced to 200 gold from 250 (total cost reduced to 2270 gold from 2500)
    No longer grants any mana regen
    Banner of Command
    Recipe changed: Fiendish Codex + Emblem of Valor + 890 gold = 2360 gold (from 2400)
    Deathfire Grasp
    Recipe changed: Fiendish Codex + Needlessly Large Rod + 880 gold = 3300 gold (from 3000)
    Ability power increased to 120 from 100
    Morellonomicon
    Recipe changed: Faerie Charm + Fiendish Codex + Kage's Lucky Pick + 435 gold = 2200 gold
    Athene's Unholy Grail
    Combine cost reduced to 900 from 920 (total cost reduced to 2600 gold from 2800)
    The Bloodthirster
    Combine cost increased to 850 gold from 650 (total cost increased to 3200 gold from 3000)
    The Black Cleaver
    We are now fairly comfortable with Black Cleaver’s strategic niche, but we want to scale back some excess power.

Health reduced to 200 from 300
    Maximum stacks increased to 5 from 4
    Armor reduction per stack reduced to 5% from 6%
    Fixed a bug where spells were applying more reduction than intended
    Trinity Force
    Combine cost reduced to 3 gold from 300 (total cost reduced to 3903 gold from 4200)
    Spirit Stone
    Combine cost reduced to 40 gold from 140 (total cost reduced to 700 gold from 800)
    Spirit of the Spectral Wraith
    Combine cost reduced to 100 gold from 400 (total cost reduced to 2000 gold from 2400)
    Frozen Heart
    Combine cost reduced to 400 gold from 500 (total cost reduced to 3000 gold from 3100)
    Doran's Shield
    Health regen per 5 seconds increased to 8 from 5

Matchmaking
    The matchmaking system will now take into account matchmaking rating and number of wins in the player's current queue when creating matches

General
    We've made database upgrades which have cleared displayed match history in player profiles. All stats are still stored, but your previous 10 games will not show up.
    Tenacity now appears on the character sheet as a stat.
    All champions with abilities that reduce the duration of disabling effects now gain tenacity instead.
    e.g. Singed, Trundle, Irelia, Garen, etc.
    Champion tenacity stacks with item tenacity, mastery tenacity and cleanse.
    Fixed a bug where Rengar and Kha'zix "On The Hunt" quest might fail to activate when Kha'zix was dead.
    Fixed a bug where chat messages from Anivia would display the incorrect champion name while she was in egg form.
    Inhibitors and turrets now have kill callouts.

Co-op vs. AI:
    Bots will occasionally chat at the beginning and end of games
    Added Jarvan IV bot to all maps
    Improved retreat logic for bots with dashes.

• Options
    QUESTION
    is spirit of the spectral wraith cost effective IGNORING THE JUNGLE STUFF with the new stats on it

I'm pretty sure it is if you want the mana regen or CDR. I might actually be tempted to pick that up on some mid laners now if I need sustain.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    QUESTION

I'm pretty sure it is if you want the mana regen or CDR. I might actually be tempted to pick that up on some mid laners now if I need sustain.

according to LoL wiki it's cost effective now without the jungle passive AND the spell vamp

this just sounds better than wota?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Lets not forget what the greatest thing in this patch is.
    Bots will occasionally chat at the beginning and end of games

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Well I'm glad you guys like it because I can't really think of the AP jungler I'd put it on. Maybe if I'm going AP on Amumu or something?

Honestly more excited for Seeker's Armguards for AP jungle. Then again, I don't really play a lot of AP junglers. There's like Diana who might use it, and Fiddle who I can't imagine would bother.

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Well I'm glad you guys like it because I can't really think of the AP jungler I'd put it on. Maybe if I'm going AP on Amumu or something?

Honestly more excited for Seeker's Armguards for AP jungle. Then again, I don't really play a lot of AP junglers. There's like Diana who might use it, and Fiddle who I can't imagine would bother.

i was thinking diana, or just as an all-purpose item to build on mids that like spell vamp and cooldown reduction (i was thinking ahri?? i dunno it just sounds like a good item)

• Options
    It gives ap mid some better early game recourse against AD mid.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I mean if the efficiency is there mids might like it. I don't think it would be bad on Diana if you were just going balls to the wall AP Carry out of the jungle but usually as an initiator I go for more not dying than damage.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    QUESTION

Wraith gave like ~2440 worth of stats for 2400, making it pretty terrible and easily the worst of the three. They then gave it CDR and reduced the price, making something like 2600g for 2000g.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    QUESTION

according to LoL wiki it's cost effective now without the jungle passive AND the spell vamp

this just sounds better than wota?

I actually can't remember the last time I built WotA on a mid, I only pick it up on supports

So I'm not exactly unhappy about the possibility of another spellvamp item being worth it on a laner

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    the last time I built a wota was a year or two ago or whatever when I would play Swain and my buddy would jungle fiddle. double wota bros

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hmmm..

"Get extra bonus RP when you purchase RP from now through January 31 at 11:59 PM Pacific"

Getting down to the proverbial wire. Is this something I ought to do?

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    Hmmm..

"Get extra bonus RP when you purchase RP from now through January 31 at 11:59 PM Pacific"

If you're thinking about throwing riot some money then absolutely.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    Hmmm..

If you plan on purchasing RP in the near future, yeah I would. The RP sales don't come around often.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    my favorite bit is-

Trinity Force
    Combine cost reduced to 3 gold from 300 (total cost reduced to 3903 gold from 4200)

• Options
    Honestly I think if you enjoy the game and are having a fun time playing it you should probably buy some RP. If they made a good game show them.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.