As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
So I am trying to enjoy this game, but I am completely stuck.
How do I advance in the Warehouse. I just can't find the secret door or whatever I need. Please help.

On another note, a fighter is so much fun. Kicking somebody in a fire or spikes or off a roof is SOOOO much fun.
Any tips on easter eggs and such?

steam_sig.png
Machismo on

• Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    There's a trap door in the floor of the warehouse. I can't remember if you need a guy, but a guard will have one if you do.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    DírhaelDírhael NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    There's a trap door in the floor of the warehouse. I can't remember if you need a guy, but a guard will have one if you do.

A guard will have...a guy? :lol: Surely you meant to say that one of the guards have a key, right?

Dírhael on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dìrhael wrote: »

A guard will have...a guy? :lol: Surely you meant to say that one of the guards have a key, right?

Right. I don't always type the English language very well. I have no idea where that 'guy' came from.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    DírhaelDírhael NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Right. I don't always type the English language very well. I have no idea where that 'guy' came from.
    It happens to all of us, I just found that to funny considering all the sexual insinuations in the game ;-)

Dírhael on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That voice in your head's an annoying bitch. I really hope other games take note and try to pull off just how well this game immersed you in the way it handled first person movement. It's REALLY nice to be able to see your entire body like in Tribes. Hell, it's great to actually feel that you're riding the head of a character model getting tossed around, running, leaping, and kicking ass in the game world as opposed to a disembodied head with a gun.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Otaku,
    No lie. I love when you sustain damage, it feels like it. You get knocked back and stuff as well as sounds change.
    I have to admit, it felt like a mixture of Call of Cthulhu and Breakdown. Both excellent games with mechanics brought out more effectively by this.
    Breakdown is a FPS for the Xbox with some EXCELLENT story elements and immersions bits. CoC is a FP horror game set in Cthulhu mythos for the PC and Xbox.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Machismo wrote: »
    Otaku,
    No lie. I love when you sustain damage, it feels like it. You get knocked back and stuff as well as sounds change.
    I have to admit, it felt like a mixture of Call of Cthulhu and Breakdown. Both excellent games with mechanics brought out more effectively by this.
    Breakdown is a FPS for the Xbox with some EXCELLENT story elements and immersions bits. CoC is a FP horror game set in Cthulhu mythos for the PC and Xbox.
    Now try Arx Fatalis, it used the whole "seeing your own body" a long time before CoC and Breakdown. It's a great game that reminds me a lot of the Ultima Underworlds.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    AF looked way cool. It was just a FP dungeon crawler, right? Looked sweet. Nice spell effects I recall.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Machismo wrote: »
    AF looked way cool. It was just a FP dungeon crawler, right? Looked sweet. Nice spell effects I recall.
    It's a First person RPG, it's also more of an RPG than Dark Messiah but there is still plenty of action in it for those inclined.

Silpheed on