As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini]Batman: The Animated Phalla: Village Victory!

1232425262729»

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Rads was a roleblock, btw
    Wait, the RADS and HEND were both roleblocks?

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I feel like I might have been able to do a little more if I was willing to go back and read through the previous days of the mafia board when I joined. It was too painful for me to even try and read it

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I ... survived? Cool.

I always knew that the real power was in the hands if Gotcha's Citizens.

Plus, I didn't do anything stupid this time!

38thDoe, thanks for running the game. I thought it was very exciting and I enjoyed your narrations.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Sorry, maybe I'm missing something with the mafia boards because I didn't find it painful to look at. Some trying to figure out if maybe I lucked out with some computer setting or if I'm one of those few where it's hard to find a theme that causes me enough pain to make me not want to view a board.

Edit: So my theme setting never left default. Really, wish I hadn't put it on the batman theme to see what the issue was.

Mill on
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Thanks for the game @38thDoe

I had a blast.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with the mafia proboards that are making it hard to read. On my end, they are the normal proboards setting.

edit: Hah, logged out and looked. Yeah, that is a train wreck. Glad I didn't have to look at that mess.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Alternating black and white backgrounds for the posts, with all text in the posts being white.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I think I fixed it, sorry to all of you who had to endure it. Totally didn't know it was like that.

Assuran on
  • Options
    @38thDoe

I don't think I saw it posted before; what did Batman's "Utilize Batcomputer" do?

• Options
    Note to self, if I have admin powers on a board. Set guests to default skin if someone mentions they made a custom skin, this should spare many if it's a travesty. I can always change it back if the skin is good, granted this means actually being bothered to look at the theme.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Obi's post about me and INANTP being mafia together had me giggling

I was really hoping I was right, because that would have been epic

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Smasher wrote: »
    I was wondering why nobody used the rifle before I did.

What would the paranoid citizen's win condition have changed to if he killed a villager?

What did Batman's supercomputer do?

@Matev, why did you give your rifle to Kilnaga?

Thought I was gonna die with how much talking I was doing about information in the thread, Kilnaga had given me enough info to trust him. If I died, someone I thought I could trust had the rifle. If I didn't, it would prove to him my story was on the level.

Ironically, I was somewhat playing to my role with my discussions unintentionally, but it didn't save me in the end. Good job winning this village, you definitely had an uphill battle!

Also, vigging from beyond the grave by proxy? Yes please. :D

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    @38thDoe

I don't think I saw it posted before; what did Batman's "Utilize Batcomputer" do?

It was a parser interface. A PARSER INTERFACE. You'd think batman could afford a mouse.

Anyway, the problem with my role is that I didn't actually know what it did at the outset. Eventually doe took pity on me and let me know what it could do. I decided to try and seer someone. It took a day to prep.

Then it turned out to take another day to actually seer (didn't know that until day 2). I had this plan of steering someone and setting them up as a fake batman mouthpiece (I couldn't be guarded, hence no reveal when I was getting voted out -- wouldn't have made a difference and would have just squashed the day's vote record. Also I was literally hosting a party as it was happening).

Just as I seered someone, the first conversion happened. The person I seered was exactly the sort of person who'd be converted, so I was just "well fuck, time to start killing".

Then I got voted out before my first kill even went through.

It's hard out there for a cowled vigilante.

@38thdoe -- loved the game. You nailed batman, especially the sense of isolation. The only suggestion I would give is that maybe seering/guarding shouldn't be a two-day process next time. If it is, that could be made clear up front. I felt, on the morning of day three, a bit frustrated.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks for running 38thDoe, it was fun :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Yeah nice job village (grumble), that was a solid win. Thanks for hosting 38th!

Ok, the reason why I didn't reveal as a survival neutral before was because of what 38th PMed me: "You know there are others looking for the device."

I thought there might be another neutral out there with a similar role PM... if that was the case just revealing the fact that I am neutral could get me killed by said player.

Unfortunately, I did not know that not only was I the only neutral, the ENTIRE village and mafia were seeking the device. I wish I could have gotten a better idea in my role about how important the device was.

So please don't scoff and say "Bad neutral is bad, you should have said something before." 38th's PM sent me the wrong message and made me more than a little paranoid.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Mill wrote: »
    Invictus, I wouldn't beat yourself up on the RADS because we had no fucking clue what that thing did and using it on people didn't give us any clues either.

Except we did! We didn't get /any/ feedback and nothing appeared to happen! That means it pretty much /has/ to be a guard, and Smasher figured that out in literally fifteen seconds when I was chatting with him after the game!

ARRRRGGGGGH!

EDIT: Except apparently both the RADS and the HEND were /both/ roleblocks? Uh, I guess I feel better about things, now.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    @38thDoe

It was a parser interface. A PARSER INTERFACE. You'd think batman could afford a mouse.

Anyway, the problem with my role is that I didn't actually know what it did at the outset. Eventually doe took pity on me and let me know what it could do. I decided to try and seer someone. It took a day to prep.

Then it turned out to take another day to actually seer (didn't know that until day 2). I had this plan of steering someone and setting them up as a fake batman mouthpiece (I couldn't be guarded, hence no reveal when I was getting voted out -- wouldn't have made a difference and would have just squashed the day's vote record. Also I was literally hosting a party as it was happening).

Just as I seered someone, the first conversion happened. The person I seered was exactly the sort of person who'd be converted, so I was just "well fuck, time to start killing".

@38thdoe -- loved the game. You nailed batman, especially the sense of isolation. The only suggestion I would give is that maybe seering/guarding shouldn't be a two-day process next time. If it is, that could be made clear up front. I felt, on the morning of day three, a bit frustrated.

Yes, I'll need to play around with the Batman role more for the next episode. Sorry that it was frustrating. I'll get some more questions in a bit, now I need to get to work in the snow mine.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Thank's for the game, was awesome.

Now I need to find out more about this lord death man character.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    @38thDoe

Yes, I'll need to play around with the Batman role more for the next episode. Sorry that it was frustrating. I'll get some more questions in a bit, now I need to get to work in the snow mine.

Bah, no need to apologise. :P

It was a tiny little concern in what was otherwise an awesome role. I really felt like the 'no guards' thing fit Batman perfectly. Of course he can't just pop up and say "I'm Batman, let's all work together!"

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    Mill wrote: »
    Invictus, I wouldn't beat yourself up on the RADS because we had no fucking clue what that thing did and using it on people didn't give us any clues either.

Except we did! We didn't get /any/ feedback and nothing appeared to happen! That means it pretty much /has/ to be a guard, and Smasher figured that out in literally fifteen seconds when I was chatting with him after the game!

ARRRRGGGGGH!

EDIT: Except apparently both the RADS and the HEND were /both/ roleblocks? Uh, I guess I feel better about things, now.

Yeah, did smasher figure that out after seeing the full name for it in the final narration because all we were given was RADS. I think we would have inferred that it was either a guard or a roleblock much quicker if we had that. Hell, we had the perfect test subject as well because we had one or two nights where we were pretty sure that busdriving was either iffy or probably not going to be of much use.

It is a bit frustrating realizing things could have gone much differently if we had known that was a roleblock. Still a chance we would have still roleblocked the wrong people.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting, 38th. I'm sorry I couldn't stick it out to the end.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Couple of days late, but I wanted to thank 38thDoe for hosting. It was a fun game!