As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini]Batman: The Animated Phalla: Village Victory!

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Well duh. They basically work for batman

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    That's a very rude way to talk about an equal-opportunity employer!

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Village aligned ones by the looks of the coloring. Different shade of green. Hmm...

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Hmm, village aligned, but apparently not 100% if I've been told properly..... then, what do I know? I'm cah-razee!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I almost sent INANTP a pm about my role because I thought his fake narration was a vig call.

Then I realized Sir Fab died to the vote.

I really shouldn't play when I'm sick.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Hmm, village aligned, but apparently not 100% if I've been told properly..... then, what do I know? I'm cah-razee!

Isn't Wayne Enterprises an entirely village role? It's Batman's company after all.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Howso not 100%?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

Isn't Wayne Enterprises an entirely village role? It's Batman's company after all.

Yeah, no problem in assuming everyone in Wayne Enterprises is village. That should go well.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

Howso not 100%?

bad kime

you know better than this

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Yeah, no problem in assuming everyone in Wayne Enterprises is village. That should go well.

I detect sarcasm. I'm not informed in Batman lore so excuse me if I am mistaken.

• Options

I detect sarcasm. I'm not informed in Batman lore so excuse me if I am mistaken.

You don't need to be informed in Batman lore (I'm not really outside of the games and animated series and movies).

You just need to know that in phalla rarely are people "confirmed" by general groupings like that.

Like I wouldn't invite someone to a network proboard if I was a partial role seer and my result was "Works for Wayne Enterprises".

• Options

Assuming there isn't corruption/bribed guards, or another comic reason. I'm going off of things that I know are facts. Ostensibly, ZH died village, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Zombie Hero's post confuses me. Apparently there's a way for the village to kill the mafia/SKs without recovering the Sonic Drill? Otherwise that condition seems redundant.

Also it's kind of weird he got killed the same day he made the reveal (after vote close), but maybe that's a coincidence. Unless he was talking to people in PMs and said the wrong thing.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Also of note in tonight's narration. Only two people were listed as removed. I'd think that if someone is Batman, they would function like a vigilante and we would have had someone dropped at the police station. It's what Darkwing Duck would do and I'm sure this Batman would do the same thing.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Smasher wrote: »
    Zombie Hero's post confuses me. Apparently there's a way for the village to kill the mafia/SKs without recovering the Sonic Drill? Otherwise that condition seems redundant.

Also it's kind of weird he got killed the same day he made the reveal (after vote close), but maybe that's a coincidence. Unless he was talking to people in PMs and said the wrong thing.

He was probably talking to people in PMs and said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

It does seem weird that we could kill off the mafia without getting the Drill. But, we didn't even know what was stolen off the train until ZH made mention of it to us and told us it needs to be recovered. So, there's gotta be something else involved.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    If wishes were fishes Duck Knight, everyone would be eating....

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Smasher wrote: »

He was probably talking to people in PMs and said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

It does seem weird that we could kill off the mafia without getting the Drill. But, we didn't even know what was stolen off the train until ZH made mention of it to us and told us it needs to be recovered. So, there's gotta be something else involved.
    Good point. I assume the mafia knew the drill was what they stole, so maybe he mentioned the drill and they figured he knew too much.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    If I could feel anything, I think it would be pity for the recently departed.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Also of note in tonight's narration. Only two people were listed as removed. I'd think that if someone is Batman, they would function like a vigilante and we would have had someone dropped at the police station. It's what Darkwing Duck would do and I'm sure this Batman would do the same thing.
    It wouldn't surprise me if batman could choose between vigging and seering.

Or maybe he's not a player character at all?

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I've pondered the possibility that Batman could be an NPC.

I guess being a vig and seer is another possibility as well. Generally speaking, the justice system doesn't look kindly on us super heroes if we have poor aim.

Mill on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'm going to go ahead and say that different shades of green are probably not village specials, but perhaps neutrals with village-like goals. It's what I would do, and I think what is most predominant these days. Of course this is based almost entirely on my own intuition.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I'm going to go ahead and say that different shades of green are probably not village specials, but perhaps neutrals with village-like goals. It's what I would do, and I think what is most predominant these days. Of course this is based almost entirely on my own intuition.
    Yes, I see this as very likely

Steam profile
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular

Why does it seem weird? I sort of figured that the drill was just a McGuffin. We would 'recover' it by cleaning out the mafia. ZH mentioned it, I assumed, because it was flavour text from his PM that he hoped would instil confidence in his fellow Wayne Security people.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I'm with Grimmy - I think the idea is that the Village helps Batman by eliminating the mafia so he can recoveer the drill.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Only two deaths?

Either the village doesn't have a vig or the vig took the day off.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    or was guarded against or was role blocked

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

To expand on this, someone told me in private yesterday that someone with a role that sounds village but is neither a named role nor "Citizen of Gotham" was involved in the heist. It sounds like Wayne Enterprises could fit that.

• Options
    Stickin' with Mill for the time being.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Village aligned ones by the looks of the coloring. Different shade of green. Hmm...

Cor, are co'ors gon'a be a whole fn' in dis one? I thought ZH an' Sir Fab was da same co'or...

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Cor, are co'ors gon'a be a whole fn' in dis one? I thought ZH an' Sir Fab was da same co'or...
    Dun't yuoo feend cummooneeceting leeke-a thees tu be-a ooneruoos?

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Putting my Day 2 vote on Baidol.

He half-heartedly attempted to stop the Sir Fabulous bandwagon, then put a random vote on Retaba. Nothing necessarily wrong with the latter part (especially on Day 1), but combined it might be a nice cover for a potential bad guy. "I tried to tell you guys not to vote for Sir Fabulous, I even voted for someone else!"

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Invictus wrote: »
    Dun't yuoo feend cummooneeceting leeke-a thees tu be-a ooneruoos?

I spen' a little over an 'ahr researchin' da accen' after CesareB suggested it, an' da effort makes me fnk abaaaht me posts.

• Options
    Megafrost wrote: »

To expand on this, someone told me in private yesterday that someone with a role that sounds village but is neither a named role nor "Citizen of Gotham" was involved in the heist. It sounds like Wayne Enterprises could fit that.
    It would be kind of weird for there to be someone involved with the heist, but that person (or group) doesn't know the identities of the others involved. I guess it's possible, though.

And Zombie Hero implied there were other members of Wayne Enterprises Security out there, so they obviously didn't start masoned or whatever. I just think it would be unusual to have a third faction that started off not in contact with each other, that were somehow involved with the heist but not in contact with the actual people who performed the heist, and are denoted by a color similar to the village color but not quite (though we shouldn't read too much into that last one).

• Options
    Locus wrote: »

It would be kind of weird for there to be someone involved with the heist, but that person (or group) doesn't know the identities of the others involved. I guess it's possible, though.

And Zombie Hero implied there were other members of Wayne Enterprises Security out there, so they obviously didn't start masoned or whatever. I just think it would be unusual to have a third faction that started off not in contact with each other, that were somehow involved with the heist but not in contact with the actual people who performed the heist, and are denoted by a color similar to the village color but not quite (though we shouldn't read too much into that last one).

He was figuring that we should expect some shenanigans with a thrall. I'll have to ask for straight-up clarification if he knows there's a thrall or if it's just what he suspects is going on.

• Options
    Locus wrote: »

He was figuring that we should expect some shenanigans with a thrall. I'll have to ask for straight-up clarification if he knows there's a thrall or if it's just what he suspects is going on.
    Yeah, thrall makes sense to me, and was what I first thought when you posted. I guess this was more in response to the other speculation that there was a second non-village faction.

• Options
    Thematically, Wayne En'erprises should 'ave a win con similar ter da village; everybody wants ter catch da bad guys. Wayne En'erprises might 'ave a greater focus on recoverin' da Drill (if that's differen' from catchin' da bad guys?), but ZH seemed ter imply not recoverin' i' would be bad fer everyone.

Say, guv'nah, can yew spare a bite ov food?

• Options
    If their win condition is to recover the drill, it would be in their interest to make the village believe that failure to do so would be bad for everybody.

Not saying it's necessarily false, just that taking his word for it is a bit... premature.

• Options
    If their win condition is to recover the drill, it would be in their interest to make the village believe that failure to do so would be bad for everybody.

Not saying it's necessarily false, just that taking his word for it is a bit... premature.

When I reviewed me post befawer, dis occurred ter me, but i' takes me a little time ter write posts.

It's cold 'ere...

• Options

I've been told outright that not recovering it is a threat to the village. Taking it as true might be premature, but at this time I really see no reason not to. What harm could there be in recovering the drill?

• Options

I've been told outright that not recovering it is a threat to the village. Taking it as true might be premature, but at this time I really see no reason not to. What harm could there be in recovering the drill?

If it distracts us too much from finding the mafia, Then we could lose the game by trying to get a harder wind condition

Steam profile