As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old GameStop Receipts (Save my 360!) [solved]

ffordefforde Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Can GameStop pull up and reprint the receipt of an old purchase (Oct. 2006) for me? I have the credit card number and the date of the transaction but I have canceled the credit card since I made the purchase, so I wont actually have the card with me.

Basically my 360 is having some issues, I want to send it in for repairs, but to take advantage of the warranty I need the receipt. I retardedly tossed the receipt out promptly after purchase.

fforde on

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe. There's a phone number to call that you can ask for an old receipt. I'm not sure how far back they go.

But, I might be making this up, too. I was told it like, a year ago, and that was the last I heard of it.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hrmm... the only numbers I can find on the website are the local store numbers and the corporate number... which, strangely, is a local number for me too... I guess they are headquartered in Fort Worth...

I guess tomorrow I'll go ask them at the store in person, but I was hoping someone could give me a heads up on what to expect.

fforde on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If your 360's broken down and you bought it in late '06, you should be able to get a free shipping box directly from Microsoft. If you call their number (1800 4MY XBOX I think) they should have your warranty information on file. They managed to get me all set up, and I was without a reciept of any sort, had moved since I bought the Xbox, etc etc etc.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Microsoft should have it in their system already, as long as you can still read the serial number.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Awesome thanks. This can be closed.

fforde on
This discussion has been closed.