As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]bowl

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It would probably just make sense to rebrand student loans as higher education tax.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    Internet promotion can be infuriating. I sent The Black Dog, a really big act, a promo and they liked it but didn't contact me back when that's the whole point of a promo, and Brendon Moeller, a huuuuge name with like 25k followers on soundcloud, pimped my link a few days ago with no tangible results.

But some novelty song can take off like ... like a god damn VIRUS

It's Monday, Monday
    gotta go to school on Monday
    It's the furthest point there is from the weekend, weekend.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    My city redefines whiteness. It is the whitest.

excuse me I'm Irish I don't think places get much whiter than this

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    there is no way seattle is whiter than boston

at least they have asians

Not even that many that I've seen, though there are some
    Boston includes JP, Dorchester, Roxbury etc also

YEAH BOSTON

landsmark_american_flag_attack.jpg

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ugh how could your #1 city be Boston

what is wrong with boston

it's by the water, plenty of awesome seafood, a strong tech industry, lots of good schools, good friends there, near nyc/philly/dc etc with amtrak, librul, decent transit even if the suburban shit closes early, etc

will and dk are big fans

will and dk are not from boston

Boston is fine. But as your #1 city?

yeeeeesh

i did not say they are from boston, but they both live nearby? i'm not from boston either. not sure i follow.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Sounds like I'm having sushi today!

I need sushi advice

Oh brilliant
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    what is this shit talking of boston?!

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    im just going to give them the $225 I can't deal with this

fine myself for not taking care of it on my own time

if you insist on doing this (please do not do this), make sure they are going to remove the mark from your report. make that conditional on payment.

either I pay their $225 and get rid of this debt or spend the next 3 months trying to remove the black mark from my credit report

Can you really afford to just burn $225 for the sake of convenience?

Deebaser on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    It's just retarded how a company can charge you a bullshit fee and the onus is on you to go through months of hassle to prove its fradulent

it apparently actually isn't on my credit report yet, maybe I should take Sprint to small claims court

podly won't accept a #1 city without a premier unzunzunzunz scene

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    It would probably just make sense to rebrand student loans as higher education tax.

It's not as if it's mandatory.

Just that economically it might be foolish to not get student loans whether you need them to keep you in housing and ramen or not.

ftOqU21.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

it's by the water, plenty of awesome seafood, a strong tech industry, lots of good schools, good friends there, near nyc/philly/dc etc with amtrak, librul, decent transit even if the suburban shit closes early, etc

will and dk are big fans

yeeeeesh

i did not say they are from boston, but they both live nearby? i'm not from boston either. not sure i follow.

I meant that shaz and I grew up near there and better understand it's shortcomings

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    It's just retarded how a company can charge you a bullshit fee and the onus is on you to go through months of hassle to prove its fradulent

it apparently actually isn't on my credit report yet, maybe I should take Sprint to small claims court

What kind of fee are they claiming it is?

ftOqU21.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

will and dk are big fans

yeeeeesh

Yeah

Also Will is old

poo
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Just that economically it might be foolish to not get student loans whether you need them to keep you in housing and ramen or not.

That's the point. You only avoid them if you happen to be very wealthy. Which is a bit silly.

will is so damn old

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    It is insane to me that student loans can be bad.

Here everyone is like, get all the student loan you can. You'll never get a better loan.

Not that I really know how bankruptcy works here. It seems it's easier to do and has less ill effects in the thirteen colonies & friends.

Student loans in the US are conditional upon your parents income. If your parents make too much (Read: they make more than poverty), you get almost no assistance, since the laws haven't been updated in favor of borrowers in almost 40 years. They've been updated in favor of lenders though.

So now you're stuck with private student loans. SURPRISE they don't have the same level of protection or affordability as federal loans, nor a mandate on how much they can charge, and no writeoff if you don't get a job. It's basically a gamble (and like all gambles, stacked hugely against you).

Also the interest can range from 5% (lolyeahokay) to 25%. Mine hovered at 12-15%. I would have been better off becoming a carpenter.

School loans only make sense if you qualify for the full federal loan payment because your family is poor, or, you've lived by working at burger king after 26 and you also qualify.

Honestly this is a lot better than I expected of the US.

That the poor get shafted last in this, that is.

Nah, the poor just get shafted in other ways. Due to a whole bunch of societal issues, low income students still have the lowest rates of graduation.

will and dk are big fans

yeeeeesh

I meant that shaz and I grew up near there and better understand it's shortcomings

that is valid but you're also so ridiculously different from me- in that you stay out late partying and care about the party scene- that i have to imagine we're looking for different things from a city, anyway. but i would still be interested in hearing what you and shaz dislike about it.

edited February 2013
    sounds like you have friends, jobs and seafood in boston.

Well, fuck, go to boston.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

The way they get away with this bullshit is that they break the law in a way that is annoying for you to call them on.

....and your current plan is to let them profit from it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Sounds like I'm having sushi today!

I need sushi advice

get fish/rice
    insert into face
    you're welcome

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

they're claiming I never cancelled my Sprint account and charged me for 2 months of service and an early termination fee

In actuality I returned the phone and reclaimed my cell number 13 days after starting service

The way they get away with this bullshit is that they break the law in a way that is annoying for you to call them on.

....and your current plan is to let them profit from it.

I actually do owe them ~$90 based on the fees in their contract, so is it worth $135 for me to fight the good fight and fuck my credit for the next 3 months? I mean if I miss a day of work to deal with it I'm already in the red by $20 over just paying it. The system is insidious as fuck

override367 on

That's the point. You only avoid them if you happen to be very wealthy. Which is a bit silly.

no it's not! it's great!

it's free money! or, freer than any other money!

ftOqU21.png
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Oh now its on

we are having a white off

*pours the brandy and lights a cigar*

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    i mean ultimately-ultimately i would like to live in nyc or tokyo or london or something, but only if i made a whole lot of money i think. i'd rather be upper middle class and somewhat close to the city center in a b-city than lower middle class in a world metropolis, 45 minutes from the skyscrapers.

no it's not! it's great!

We're talking past one another.

edited February 2013

they're claiming I never cancelled my Sprint account and charged me for 2 months of service and an early termination fee

In actuality I returned the phone and reclaimed my cell number 13 days after starting service

then do not pay it. Fight 'em.

EDIT: Or, well, check legality of that crap.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I am thinking of moving to boston too

8)

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

I was at a.cafe this morning and sat next to a party who included an Indian woman with the most Irish accent I've heard outside of Ireland. Her friends were all Irish too by accent

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    I want to move to Chicago. Decent cost of living, and a good level of pay.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    there is no way seattle is whiter than boston

at least they have asians

Not even that many that I've seen, though there are some
    Boston includes JP, Dorchester, Roxbury etc also

Yeah where I live is super heavy Vietnamese a couple blocks one way

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here

no it's not! it's great!

We're talking past one another.

Yeah, I guess.

Why would you want to avoid student loans?

I mean unless you happen to be very wealthy, you're not going to avoid loans, period.

ftOqU21.png
    edited February 2013
    override the important thing i'm trying to express is that just biting the bullet and paying them 'for the convenience' may not get it off your credit report. if you go that route- and i think you shouldn't because money, precious, money- make sure that they understand you'll only pay with written promise of removing it from your report. otherwise you get shit like "debt in collections, paid in full" stuck on your credit report for 7 years when you want no delinquencies at all.

Organichu on
    and in norway atleast that's very wealthy due to wealth tax making having debt pay off.

ftOqU21.png
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    this is bullshit

im not supposed to feel more tired after drinking the tea

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Anyway, Otago-Southland are the whitest places I've been and we all tend to be Scots descent.

Except for the sunburn, goddam the NZ Sun is fierce

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    override the important thing i'm trying to express is that just biting the bullet and paying them 'for the convenience' may not get it off your credit report. if you go that route- and i think you shouldn't because money, precious, money- make sure that they understand you'll only pay with written promise of removing it from your report. otherwise you get shit like "debt in collections, paid in full" stuck on your credit report for 7 years when you want no delinquencies at all.

oh yeah for sure. Priority #1 is defend your credit report to the death, here.

ftOqU21.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I did not watch he Super Bowl, because it was a thing the wife did with her dad, and she couldn't stand to have it on the TV this year.

spool32 on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    It's not super white all over, which is a good thing.

But the city itself? I think it says a lot that all of us from there hate it

We grew up in it, saw its seedy underbelly

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
This discussion has been closed.